• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your unpopular opinions about the anime?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So if the title feels similar, it's because it is
@Sham 's Hot takes post got locked, likely coz of all the end bickering that started happening, but the concept of the thread they created itself is interesting so here's a spiritual successor to it, keep it civil and within the rules this time folks so the mods don't have to lock this one!! Try to avoid the usual XY vs SM wars

With that said, boy do I have some spicy opinions for you

- Goh and Gary's rivalry is WAY better written than Ash and Gary's rivalry was, and PM's lacklustre finale doesn't really ruin the Goh Gary rivalry aspect one bit imo. Ash and Gary had a great 2 episodes, but before that their rivalry was pretty bad. When I talk about their rivalry, I mean the character writing of the rivalry. Goh and Gary had it far better imo, esp when they were in a much harder position to do so but pulled it off so well, with Gary being the best example of organic continuity in JN probably

- Sarah as a voice actor for Ash is better than Veronica in the dub. I get Veronica was the childhood for many of you, for me Sarah was too. But like in general nostalgia aside, i really think Sarah's voice fits Ash better and she IS Ash in my eyes, esp when she got over the initial awkward BF and early DP phase.
Rica clears them both tho <3

Share your opinions below. Don't attack anyone for their opinions, civilly discuss and do not flame/try to start wars between fans of different series

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Lillie is a better battler than people give her credit for.
Agreed, meme jokes aside. She has the smarts, not the brawn as of now. She showed really great skills using Pikachu efficiently against her butler, had great strats against Gladion, but lack of power to pull them off. Training her Magearna better and evolving vulpix plus getting a new encounter to make them stronger can really make her a force to be reckoned with. She has the aptitude of Pokemon battling and i hope that becomes her new goal in the future tbh

Sham

The Guardian of War
I have a chili pepper take but I’m gonna save it since it will cause pages of discussion.

Idk people who complain about the animation in the Lillie return episode are weird. It arguably had a good impactful story being concluded and felt cinematic. The writers haven’t give something that good of quality in a minute.

Half of these people who make discourse on “good development” can’t even discuss something that’s already subjective without sinking in bias and opinions of the character themselves. What qualifies as “good development” is already a matter of subjectivity within itself but once you start adding characteristic traits you didn’t like then it becomes mute.

This thread is about to burn because people have no home training and can’t discuss things like adults but I hope it’s flourishes!

RafaSceptile

OS: Gary is overrated for how few times he appeared in Johto
AG: Ash vs Katie is NOT a great battle
DP: Nando vs Zoey was better than Dawn vs Zoey
BW: Decolora Islands is fine even if it was filler fest, nowhere as annoying as Johto
XY: Outside of battles, the animation for characters is just bad, which is as important as the animation in battles
SM: The Aether Foundation arc is GOOD
JN: It has the best individual Episodes in the entire Pokemon Anime (Lillie's episode and Finals IV)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I have a chili pepper take but I’m gonna save it since it will cause pages of discussion.

Idk people who complain about the animation in the Lillie return episode are weird. It arguably had a good impactful story being concluded and felt cinematic. The writers haven’t give something that good of quality in a minute.
Preach!!
One of the main complaints was JN using good animation and resources here rather than something important, and I wanted to laugh, esp when in hindsight they did use it for the finals anyway, and this WAS an important episode. Just because YOU don't like Lillie or SM's characters doesn't change the fact this is a MAJOR anime plotline of anipoke featuring a main character's story resolution. This was SM Lillie's World champion moment. So yeah obviously proper animation and resources would be prioritised for this episode

DP: Nando vs Zoey was better than Dawn vs Zoey
BW: Decolora Islands is fine even if it was filler fest, nowhere as annoying as Johto
XY: Outside of battles, the animation for characters is just bad, which is as important as the animation in battles
DP: Agree
XY: Disagree

71c2c8f4c7bc9d68847b9b76569cba67.gif

Yeah it does not look well, at all
Science is not so amazing!
And I would take great art style and not great animation over shitty art style and great animation (cough SM)
Ash has shown more romantic interest in Misty versus Serena.
In fact, he's shown no Romantic Interest in Serena.
Haha very funny

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This shouldn't be an 'unpopular' opinion but sadly is
JN did NOT redeem Iris's character by making her a champion
Her being a champion is great , although i wish we got more of her journey. It's nice fanservice, a nice way to move her forward and her goal forward and complete Axew's dream
But it does NOT 'redeem' her because Iris in BW was already a great character. She doesn't need the champion title to be a great character, it's just a nice icing on the cake.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Hotter take. I don’t need to know how much characters have grown off screen. If the material is there and there is some implication that it could go either way then I’m not expecting a 3 part special on what happened. People live their lives after Ash and it’s the same reason why I think Dawn should’ve been Top Coordinator because the material was there since she was a finalist nor do I care that Serena got really popular in Hoenn over night because she did well in diet Contests.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Let's be Real, only Ash and TRio looks weird in that artstyle, and that is because it is a sudden change in artstyle. The rest of the cast looks mostly fine.
Absolutely, everyone else looks really cute. Makes you wonder why they had Ash as that, he's too jarring lol. Even TR are fine after a while but Ash takes major time getting used to