• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your unpopular opinions about the anime?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I really, really don't care about if Ash catches Latias. It's a completely new one so there's no past history, and aside from maybe a symbolic capture like Ho-oh (and even that would be pretty iffy), it's way too late for any capture to be meaningful

Krackochu

I really, really don't care about if Ash catches Latias. It's a completely new one so there's no past history, and aside from maybe a symbolic capture like Ho-oh (and even that would be pretty iffy), it's way too late for any capture to be meaningful
Personally coming from someone who deeply enjoyed the Ash and Latias encounter including another episode of Ash and pikachu just chillin I care.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Same.

I feel like people only want Ash to catch Latias so they can say "Ash has a legendary Pokemon, he is so mature and badass!"

Like, Ash is literally leaving after these 11 episodes run out, there's no point in him catching any new Pokemon at this rate.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Meandering plots that wander a bit aren't a bad thing for shows about a journey. Everything doesn't have to be linear and rush right to the end. The first year of Serena's story and Chloe's entire arcs are good examples of this. While they both have their flaws, their arcs are about self-discovery and should show them trying new things even if they don't pick them up. It's OK if those stories meander a bit.

I'm going to go here: It doesn't matter what JN or ATBM do. They will never live up to the grand expectations that come from reading years of fanfiction or theorizing about what a Pokemon Master is or how his journey ends.

Bendicion

Water Master
Give May training episodes, May's pokemon tended not to get much screentime outside of their specific contest battles or the eps leading up to them almost similar to the way Journies handled Ash's Pokémon. Beautifly barely appeared in mid/late Hoenn for example. Skitty was used for a bit then got overshadowed by her Bulbasaur, and then all 3 of her Hoenn pokemon were dropped after Hoenn ended. Munchlax didn't do much till the middle of BF despite being captured before the Hoenn Grand Festival and Eevee hardly did anything of note outside the one contest it had against Brock. And of course Torchic was barely used for the first 80 episodes of Hoenn till it evolved.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh for Chloe I say her first year is good, since back then she was treated as a side character so her lack of focus didn't hurt much. The issue was once she got Eevee and everything was entirely focused on mostly formulaic episodes about the other eeveelutions, and she kinda went on a limbo between main and side character.

Gingertail24

Tbh for Chloe I say her first year is good, since back then she was treated as a side character so her lack of focus didn't hurt much. The issue was once she got Eevee and everything was entirely focused on mostly formulaic episodes about the other eeveelutions, and she kinda went on a limbo between main and side character.
The issue with Chloe is that she is boring. Wether she is a main character or side character
Her personality was a little bit interesting at the start, with how much she contrast the boys in her apathy and rudeness towards Ash and Pokemon

But then that basically is gone and eh. She really can't hold an episode on her own. I find myself being way more interested in the cotd within her episodes than Chloe herself. Heck her evee is more interesting than her

Barely has chemistry with Ash or GOH doesn't help. Her best relationship is with dawn, another side character

Bendicion

Water Master
Even though Munchlax eventually became one of May's most beloved pokemon, her reasoning for keeping him was absolutely weak. Between her terrible Pokéblocks and Munchlax deserving better, it's a pretty disappointing catch tbh.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Krackochu

The issue with Chloe is that she is boring. Wether she is a main character or side character
Her personality was a little bit interesting at the start, with how much she contrast the boys in her apathy and rudeness towards Ash and Pokemon

But then that basically is gone and eh. She really can't hold an episode on her own. I find myself being way more interested in the cotd within her episodes than Chloe herself. Heck her evee is more interesting than her

Barely has chemistry with Ash or GOH doesn't help. Her best relationship is with dawn, another side character
I feel vindicated

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mine would be that Satoshi's new attack training sessions that happened during Haruka's Contests in AG were unnecessary. At least half of the saga was made up of filler episodes and he could've trained in those exclusively, yet instead the writers had a very irritating habit of making Satoshi miss out on Haruka's Contests just so that he could do his own thing. To me it always seemed incredibly rude considering that Haruka never missed any of Satoshi's Gym battles if memory serves.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Mine would be that Satoshi's new attack training sessions that happened during Haruka's Contests in AG were unnecessary. At least half of the saga was made up of filler episodes and he could've trained in those exclusively, yet instead the writers had a very irritating habit of making Satoshi miss out on Haruka's Contests just so that he could do his own thing. To me it always seemed incredibly rude considering that Haruka never missed any of Satoshi's Gym battles if memory serves.
And like 80% of those sessions were Snorunt failing to learn ice beam.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh all Z moves Ash gets after the Rockium (except for Firium) have some wonky stuff.

Solgalium feels unnecessary, but eh I'll chalk it up to USUM promotion

Pikashunium....I get what they were trying to do, literally solidifying Ash and Pikachu's bond, but the timing whenever it appeared was weird (like for example why wasn't it on the parallel universe episode but was on the Mimikyu one). In general I feel it needed more plot focus

Lycanium was barely used, and even less in an effective way

Steelium was literally used twice, and the second time it was for training, despite it never being used again.

Morax

King of heroes
Tbh all Z moves Ash gets after the Rockium (except for Firium) have some wonky stuff.

Solgalium feels unnecessary, but eh I'll chalk it up to USUM promotion

Pikashunium....I get what they were trying to do, literally solidifying Ash and Pikachu's bond, but the timing whenever it appeared was weird (like for example why wasn't it on the parallel universe episode but was on the Mimikyu one). In general I feel it needed more plot focus

Lycanium was barely used, and even less in an effective way

Steelium was literally used twice, and the second time it was for training, despite it never being used again.
What about copium Z?