• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your unpopular opinions about the anime?

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
I get it. In some ways I'd actually want a competent/threatening TR again, but I'd rather they try with others. Maybe Team Star could be this in the next series?
Biff and Cassidy were supposed to be that before they became TRio 2.0

Lucario and Ash have a greater connection than Ash and Greninja do (and arguably Ash and Pikachu) because of their Aura.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Here's an opinion that should be more popular:

It's great if you're enjoying this mini-series (I know I am), BUT you should respect that some people are disappointed with what they've seen so far, and you don't have to take it as a personal attack against you.
Yeah it's weird to me that people are getting so defensive and being condescending towards others because they expected a little more.

ShuckFam

It's great if you're enjoying this mini-series (I know I am), BUT you should respect that some people are disappointed with what they've seen so far, and you don't have to take it as a personal attack against you.
This comment is offensive to those who belong in the easily offended community. For this provocation, we will now wage war on you!

Get him guys! @Ragnarok4 @cricketlaxwolvesbandy @janejane6178 @SatoSereFan224888 @CyberCubed

XY Pikachu is the most underrated Pikachu because it’s overshadowed by Ash Greninja who is dogshit
XY Pika KL: 4-2 (carried against Sawyer and Alain)
XY Greninja: 1-0
XY Ash-Greninja: 2-1 (jobbed against Alain’s MCX)

Why do you hate Amourshipping?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Probably one of the best openings they anime ever put out
Sad this version of the song never got a full size release :(

As someone who hates most of the mini-series so far, I agree

Pokeshipper_

XY is a shonen serie at all, with no development for the characters involved, Team Rocket was at its worst if not for some episodes, and the serie itself wasn't related to the Pokémon serie spirit, that shaped the serie since OS to BW and from SM to JN and beyond. Ash wasn't Ash at all, and other characters are pretty forgettable. Anime directors tried to retconnect the serie, because Paris-Kalos, at all, isn't in the Pokémon world and they understood the serie was really bad, except for some battles. Also the controversial and (bad in my opinion, it's my taste, maybe not a objective fact) SM was more "Pokémon spirit" than XY-shonen fake serie.
People seeing XY like their first Pokémon serie are obsessed with it only because they can't comprehend the real meaning of the serie is so far from there. Ash wasn't a shonen protagonist and Pokémon isn't a shonen anime. Deal with it or choose another anime.

Krackochu

Why do you hate Amourshipping?
Amourshipping's basis isn't good to start with.

1. Ash and Serena only had one interaction; this interaction stuck with serena but Ash didn't care. This was trying to give serena history with Ash, the problem is Ash legit forgot.

2.barely any chemistry the ship is carried by the fact Serena likes Ash. Ash and Serena don't really play off eachother in a entertaining way.

3. The hints are very one sided. While yes Ash does compliment Serena and etc he does all the same things to his other friends. He also helps out Serena, but ash helps out everyone.

What Ash X Cilan because ash decided to get Cilans point across in the Skyla battle. Ash x Lana because he assisted her in getting waterium z.

4. To me overall it comes off like Serena likes this idealized version of Ash. Once again the Summer camp scene was her only interaction with Ash before XY that we know of. Of course the Ash sad arc for the eighth gym was her standing by him even if it was pretty mid. But overall the ship to me has always just kinda felt one sided.

Wouldn't say I hate Amourshipping but then again I barely care for any shipping so might as well go with it.

1. Ash and Serena only had one interaction; this interaction stuck with serena but Ash didn't care. This was trying to give serena history with Ash, the problem is Ash legit forgot.

2.barely any chemistry the ship is carried by the fact Serena likes Ash. Ash and Serena don't really play off eachother in a entertaining way.

3. The hints are very one sided. While yes Ash does compliment Serena and etc he does all the same things to his other friends. He also helps out Serena, but ash helps out everyone.

What Ash X Cilan because ash decided to get Cilans point across in the Skyla battle. Ash x Lana because he assisted her in getting waterium z.

4. To me overall it comes off like Serena likes this idealized version of Ash. Once again the Summer camp scene was her only interaction with Ash before XY that we know of. Of course the Ash sad arc for the eighth gym was her standing by him even if it was pretty mid. But overall the ship to me has always just kinda felt one sided.

Wouldn't say I hate Amourshipping but then again I barely care for any shipping so might as well go with it.
Respect your opinion.

XY is a shonen serie at all, with no development for the characters involved, Team Rocket was at its worst if not for some episodes, and the serie itself wasn't related to the Pokémon serie spirit, that shaped the serie since OS to BW and from SM to JN and beyond. Ash wasn't Ash at all, and other characters are pretty forgettable. Anime directors tried to retconnect the serie, because Paris-Kalos, at all, isn't in the Pokémon world and they understood the serie was really bad, except for some battles. Also the controversial and (bad in my opinion, it's my taste, maybe not a objective fact) SM was more "Pokémon spirit" than XY-shonen fake serie.
People seeing XY like their first Pokémon serie are obsessed with it only because they can't comprehend the real meaning of the serie is so far from there. Ash wasn't a shonen protagonist and Pokémon isn't a shonen anime. Deal with it or choose another anime.
Everyone on the main cast got development in XY lmao

ShuckFam

Are you a Pokeshipper???

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
How the hell does Clemont and Serena come under characters who had no development???
Even Bonnie did with Zygarde, she was literally Max if he was endearing and well written and relevant
There's a reason they are used for supplementing character arcs in JN