• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your unpopular opinions about the anime?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
After seeing the remaining titles, I can now say Mezase is one of the worst conclusions ever for a main protagonist. I've wanted Ash gone for a while now, but he seriously deserved better than whatever this is. You could've had Mezase episode 11 straight after JN136 and it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Invoking nostalgia for the finale? Sure I get that logic but not at the expense of destroying 26 years worth of legacy and characters by pretending they don't exist and leaving them without any resolution. Some of the many plot points that were built up and will never see any resolution are Pidgeot, Giovanni and the rest of the Rocket Organization, Serena, Dawn (probably one of the worst ones tbh) and more. Knowing this anime, they'll probably try to cram in some scenes during credits to show some characters reaching their goals, but it won't work.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
That Misty and Pokeshipping are overrated as heck. I've never been much of a fan of Misty.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Charmander should've been Ash's starter Pokemon

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
tbh MPM kinda seems like Sonic Forces classic Sonic, where it feels like he was only added in for nostalgia and doesn't even play anywhere near as well as he used to in the classics or even Generations. Made worse in that just a few months prior there was Mania which was a love letter to the classics, like with Distant Blue Sky here

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Is that really an unpopular opinion these days? I see a lot of people with similar views in most places online.
Pokeshipping has a popularity resurgence recently sooo it is an unpopular opinion

Last edited:

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Yeah but I still see people say it and Misty are overrated. And I don't mean just recently, even back when AG and DP were airing
I mean, even after all these years it’s still at the very least the second most popular Ash ship. Amour arguably gets just as much hate if not more, but that doesn’t discount the fanbase that supports it.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Yeah truthfully I don't mind shipping, but people who watch only for that and seem to think Misty had to stay due to her crush on Ash is strange to me. It also reduces Misty's chatacter to token love interest.
Yeah, that’s totally fair. I’m still a Misty fan and PokeShipper, but I’m not going to pretend she’s without her flaws, and I’m also not going to be devastated if her and Ash aren’t endgame or anything. It’s just for fun.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Yeah truthfully I don't mind shipping, but people who watch only for that and seem to think Misty had to stay due to her crush on Ash is strange to me. It also reduces Misty's chatacter to token love interest.
It's funny because that criticism also applies the some amourshippers. If you look at the big picture amour and pokeshippers are basically two sides of the same coin

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
no shot. Shipping will get more toxic than ever with an endless war.
Yeah but this time a lot of angry shippers will unite under one banner

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Yeah they never actually post in the Pokeshiping thread do they? What's weird is that person goes around hating not only on Serena but Bonnie/Clemont as well, also the SM characters, etc. Also if someone says the slightest negative thing about Misty they bash and insult them even if it's an opinion. It's sad there's still people like this out here in 2023.
Basically just an alt version of Jane on the Amour side, tbh.