• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your unpopular opinions about the anime?

DatsRight

Nah, the worst was in the Johto-Sinnoh days where nearly every conflict was solved by Team Rocket stealing the pokemon of the day
Also XY, which really didn't have an excuse since the TR every episode mandate was gone, and some of their showdowns in that series were pretty bland. BW, SM and Journeys at least tried not using them as a crutch more often and just letting the protagonists hold a story.

Really I think a big problem with TR was that they were too often used as cheap plot devices whenever they couldn't bothered to write a third act or just have the heroes do something innovative. You could get behind it if TR and the twerps were at least FUNNY together, like in the earlier episodes, but their chemistry just fizzled out after a while and they were usually at their blandest when pit against each other. They were clearly using them because it was bare bones writing.

Curious on how she is even remotely mature in Showcases. Just seems like some of you want to throw shade at Serena at any chance you get lol.
I mean she did at least reign in her temper by the end of them, ending the finals a graceful loser. She scored high runner up and kept some professionalism about it too. There's some hope for her I guess.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I mean she did at least reign in her temper by the end of them, ending the finals a graceful loser. She scored high runner up and kept some professionalism about it too. There's some hope for her I guess.
Eh I guess but feels like a reach as that's only the final Showcase.

Snewed119

"In the episode "Come what May" May wins her first ribbon against Grace, a COTD. However, I feel like May was extremely overpowered. I don't have a problem with May winning against people who are more experienced than she is. That's to be expected in shows like this. I have a problem with the fact that there was NOTHING showing that May had reached this level as a trainer and that she suddenly gained the skilled required to do so for no reason. There was no point where May had displayed sufficient enough skill to teach those moves nor was there a point when Beautifly had shown enough training to pull off those moves without a problem. 50 episodes into AG, and the writers still have made NO solid progress on May as a Pokemon Coordinator and never actually showed her improving her skills to the point where she could accomplish feats like she did in this contest. Apparently there are some people that believe this to be the "best" contest in AG, but I just have to disagree. Not saying it was a bad battle, but the outcome didn't make sense to me. For her first ribbon, it was NOT well deserved.
What do you mean exactly? How was it unbelievable when May was always shown using Beautify's Silver Wind.

Bendicion

Water Master
What do you mean exactly? How was it unbelievable when May was always shown using Beautify's Silver Wind.
Silver Wind does not mean that Beautfily could use Silver Wind, Tackle, and Gust in a coordinated manner all at the same time. In just the previous episode, Beautifly couldn't use Gust, Tackle, and String Shot at the same time. There was no training after that point and absolutely nothing to suggest that Beautifly could do three moves at the same time.

Bendicion

Water Master
A lot of early AG was experimental so I can't fault it too much, but it really did seem like the writers had no interest in Torchic at all. It wasn't just Beautifly, but also Skitty and her Bulbasaur got more sceentime than it during the same time too. So bizarre since Blaziken was the first Gen 3 starter debuted in the anime in the Johto league and they didn't take advantage of that in AG at all. Besides May having a really slow start in general, it feels like May was the Serena before Serena existed.

Pokeshipper_

Ash deserved to lose against Alain during the Kalos League, Alain was stronger than Ash at that time and his Charizard was stronger and more skilled than Ash Greninja.

People saying otherwise and praising Greninja are intoxicated from the shonen pollution of the serie.

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
People saying otherwise and praising Greninja are intoxicated from the shonen pollution of the serie.
I cannot speak for others but beinig intoxicated in any way has nothing to do with anything. It is called "waiting almost 20 years of your limited lifetime on Earth and getting a promising looking buildup".