• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Aren't You Excited For?

insanityhand

Choosing to start this thread to see how universal (or non universal) dislikes in entertainment fall. I'd like to ask that you not flame anyone for their choice(s). On my part I am not excited for:
1. Pacific Rim: I've seen advertising everywhere but it seems like the same generic block buster we've all seen every year.
2. Smurfs 2: I am a firm believer that the first film should have never been made, that it was terrible and that this will be even worse.
3. Ender's Game: While this one is a ways off and the book is good on its first read through, Orson Scott Card's continual insistence to write homophobic material and have endless exposition based entirely on Mormonism turns me off.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Enders Game. I read the books, liked them, then I realized they weren't all that great. But now I see everyone (including people older than me) absolutely raving about them. Now they're making a movie, and it's just the Hunger Games all over again.

Planes! The latest Disneytoons studio concotion following Monsters University ( which i actually want to see).
Its like cars, except its planes! How original! The planes look silly too. I dont expect this to be a huge success.

Last edited:

MrsHoran

Eevee Lover
The end of the summer hols. :( waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ;133;

Shadow Caster

Plasma Executive
Like 90% of action movies nowadays can be considered generic blockbusters...

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Anything.

**** the music, film, video game, etc. industry. Let them all die a painful, fiery, penniless death.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Planes! The latest Disneytoons studio concotion following Monsters University ( which i actually want to see).
Its like cars, except its planes! How original! The planes look silly too. I dont expect this to be a huge success.
Now you know damn well that Pixar movies (especially if it's in the same world as a previous film which did pretty good) is going to do well.
Kids eat up animated movies regardless of quality. It's going to do well in the box office, but will be rated poorly.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Enders Game. I read the books, liked them, then I realized they weren't all that great. But now I see everyone (including people older than me) absolutely raving about them. Now they're making a movie, and it's just the Hunger Games all over again.

I have to admit, I read the first Ender's Game book. I thought it was really good. But from what I've heard, the others weren't nearly as good, even having a letdown of a finale at the end of the saga (kind of like the Hunger Games trilogy, though I did hear they might have to change part of the ending of Mockingjay due to sensitive issues in it).

Let's see. For me, it would probably be Pacific Rim. I know the movie's already out in theatres, but I haven't seen it yet, and I'm definitely not excited for it. Not only is it yet another robot movie (groan), but I really hate how movies have these titles nowadays that have nothing to do with the premise.

It's like if I made a movie about a zombie outbreak, where a half-zombie, half-vampire becomes a masked vigilante and fights crime while trying to stop the zombie apocalypse, and called the movie, Plastic.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
Has anyone brought up Catching Fire? Of course, I've read the hunger games like just about everyone else, and I watched the first movie to see what they were doing with the series. But to be completely honest, there were huge holes in the movie because the book is written almost in Katniss' stream of thought. So all the places where it was her making observations, all her mental dialogue, there was just nothing. And I feel like Catching Fire will be worse because in general I thought the book was worse.