• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Ash shipping?

What Ash shipping?

• Pokeshipping

Votes: 203 43.7%
  • Advanceshipping

Votes: 109 23.4%
  • Pearlshipping

Votes: 107 23.0%
  • Negaishipping

Votes: 46 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Master Sean!

Doctor Frankenstein
PokéShipping, definitely. They had the best chemistry ever and it was really sad to see Misty go. Second would be PearlShipping or AdvanceShipping. Not too keen on NegaiShipping as of yet.

I think I actually cried a little when Misty left.

Flame Mistress

I'm a definite pokeshipper, because Ash and Misty seem to be the perfect couple, as they are both hot-headed and that. Second place goes to pearlshipping, and I prefer May with Drew and Iris with Cilan.

Trainer_Kay

Pokeshipping would be my first choice, due to the fact that I have been watching the show since the beginning and have always pictured them together. They just seem perfect for each other. I'd like to go on with the many reasons why I support Pokeshipping, but i"ll keep it simple for now.

Since Misty isn't on the show anymore (though I am one of those few who will always hope that she makes a return) Negaishipping is my second choice. Iris reminds me of Misty and it seems like the writers gave her some of the old characteristics for nostalgic purposes.

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
ash and misty definatly
they had the best chemistry
ash is more mature round may,dawn and iris
ash was a show off in the original seris and it kinda died after misty left, but when she came back for a episode it returned for a while

they are realy flirty around each other even if they didnt know it , they over argue like a normal couple

and they realy care for each other you can tell ash realy misses her and you can tell how much she loves him.

im sick of people saying they ship ash with the other girls and they never watched the original seris, i mean how can you say they love ash if you havnt wached season 1-5. you realy dont know how much you've missed!

my 10yr old cousin said to me once that ash loves dawn and i was like "he does'nt" an i know for a fact he's only watched the dp saga and a few movies

i think its down to who ash loves at the end of the day--and i think he loves misty!

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤
For me, it's none of the pairings listed. I'm a big fan of PokeSilverShipping, which is Ash/Lyra.
But if had to choose from the pairings listed on the poll, I'd say Pearl. Ash and Dawn had the best chemistry out of all of the girls he traveled and they were just so close. If PokeSilver didn't happen, my next choice would definitely be Pearl.
I prefer May with Drew, Iris with Cilian, and Misty with Tracey. Plus, I only see Pokeshipping as a brother/sister relation and Advance as a student/teacher relationship.

blondekid15

Pokéshipper
Plus, I only see Pokeshipping as a brother/sister relation and Advance as a student/teacher relationship.

I can see Pokeshipping being a sort of sibling relationship with the way they argue, but whenever I think of that I remember how Ash looked at Misty during the Ghost At Maiden's Peak episode when she's in her kimono and I think, "I don't think my brother would look at me like that" lol xD I find it to be a relationship where Misty's waiting for Ash to realize she likes him but he's too stupid to figure it out

EifieChan

Cold *** Honky
I think Pokeshipping is best for Satoshi. Kasumi helped him more than any other girl he's traveled with. Iris is just rude Hakura was more of a ibling relationship. the way they always bickered was different from the way Kasumi did it. Hikari, well, she and Satoshi are friends, through and through. They could never be any more than that. Ikarishipping Forever

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤
I can see Pokeshipping being a sort of sibling relationship with the way they argue, but whenever I think of that I remember how Ash looked at Misty during the Ghost At Maiden's Peak episode when she's in her kimono and I think, "I don't think my brother would look at me like that" lol xD I find it to be a relationship where Misty's waiting for Ash to realize she likes him but he's too stupid to figure it out

I can see what you mean by that. If my brother ever looked at me like that, I'd shoot him. lol xDD sorry, I just had to say that.

But I just honestly can't see them as anything other then friends. That's just me for you though.

blondekid15

Pokéshipper
I can see what you mean by that. If my brother ever looked at me like that, I'd shoot him. lol xDD sorry, I just had to say that.

But I just honestly can't see them as anything other then friends. That's just me for you though.

Haha yeah I would too xD

That's fine, that's your opinion ^^ As for me i think it's a classic waiting love story since Ash is just...way too stupid, lol. although other shippers could say that with a different girl, I just think the AshxMisty pairing has a lot of potential that never happened :( Oh well, I can always just re-watch the first 2 seasons and I'll be a happy pokeshipper xD

Minryu

Unova Trainer
I was a definite Pokeshipper... But something about Iris really strikes me. She and Ash just seem to have a great love/hate just like he and Misty used to have. If I remember correctly she's also blushed a few times around Ash. It's going to be fun watching both Ash and Iris mature as this series goes on. When I first saw Iris' design I didn't like her too much, but watching her in the anime has made her my favorite female to date.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Of them all, I chose Pokeshipping...however! Now that I've been through so much in the series, I'm not so keen on Ash shippings in general. He is oblivious to the notion of romance, and it's just no fun to ship him because his canon reactions are far from what a shipper'd like to see. Fanfics of Ash ships aren't any fun to read either for the same reason.
The only shipping I like here is Pokeshipping because the fanart is still cute. But given the circumstances in canon, Ash is more into Pikachu than any of the girls. XD

Ren the Ryoko

Rendering
Pallet. Simply Pallet. What can I say? I'm a sucker for it.

As far as gen 5 goes: CafeMocha. Ash/Dento already has awesome fan art.

Felix Thunderheart

Pokemon Breeder J.L.
I am not going to vote but so far I like Ash and May and Ash and Dawn.

I don't know about negaishipping right now. But I like Ash and Dawn the most right now.

I simply adore Pokeshipping. Though... Negai shipping is worming its way in as a close second. I love interaction between Ash & Iris, It reminds me a lot of Ash & Misty... If those two were ever to meet... I could see a decent rivalry between the two... whilst ash is perfectly oblivious, as always ;D

Kirthey

Happiness is a Beautifly
Negaishipping, I guess. I hope we get more interaction between the two in the future.

Teshub

Banned
Pokeshipping was going to get most votes because the majority of the users here are oldschool type fans who saw the OS first hand, so nostalgia memories are imprinted on them. Even so, Pearlshipping is holding steady considering it doesnt have the nostalgia factor and its not on the current series.

BlueDragonfangirl

I like how many Negaishippers we have here, tons and we are still just in the beginingXD

Mylotic

Pokeshipping is the real and the best. Anyone who Pearlships usually never has watched seasons 1-5. As far as advancedshippers you know good and well it was all about May and Drew through the entire series. He was always gifting her with roses. She almost confessed feelings for him and him for her. He was always trying to save her and she always blushed later on in there relationship when there was interaction. Drew and May are going to marry...seriously.

Back to Pearl -I really really love Dawn but I feel like Dawn and Ash are friends. Ash actually showed reciprocal feelings for Misty especially at the end of the Johto league. He was brokenhearted when they split as oppose to when he left Dawn in twinleaf town and was like ok on to the next. My second place ship and I never thought there would ever be one is Negaishipping. I agree that in some ways Iris is reminiscent of Misty just a little though. Misty was a firecracker true to her red hair. She was a fierce competitor and very outspoken...Iris not so much. However I'm all over this Negaiship. I really like it. It can't replace my Pokeship but I welcome it as a distant 2nd.

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username
I like how many Negaishippers we have here, tons and we are still just in the beginingXD

No one wants to belong to a dead community. Ever since Dawn left, the Pearlshipping forums have been practically dead and those people have been appearing in the Negaishipping thread. Not saying that they only like the ship because it's currently airing, but that's what I'm seeing.
And since Pokeshipping is the most popular apparently, older fans would probably be more likely support and follow it compared to Pearl/Advance due to its similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.