• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Ash shipping?

What Ash shipping?

• Pokeshipping

Votes: 203 43.7%
  • Advanceshipping

Votes: 109 23.4%
  • Pearlshipping

Votes: 107 23.0%
  • Negaishipping

Votes: 46 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Aker

Jesus, Misty is massacring this poll.

I am going to say no shipping at this point. Misty may never appear in an episode ever again and the other girls all have their supporting ships. I think Takeshi Shudo said he gave up on shipping mid Johto.

He might have given up shipping, but it was certaintly a big point in May's storyline after he left.

Dawn has a supporting ship since when? She seemed platonic with everyone. Though, they tried to force some crap with Kenny at the very last minute.

I don't really ship Ash with anyone, or ship much in general. But, I can admit when a pairing looks nice. Ash, and all the main girls individually have their own charms I suppose.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
He might have given up shipping, but it was certaintly a big point in May's storyline after he left.

Shudo was the main writer of the original series, he said he gave up on shipping early into Johto because he didn't want the anime to be about love.

This is why Pokeshipping hints came to a halt during the Johto days, and barely appeared at all besides a few episodes.

As for May's storyline, the Contests were easily to put a romance subplot into since they were aimed at girls.

blondekid15

Pokéshipper
Shudo was the main writer of the original series, he said he gave up on shipping early into Johto because he didn't want the anime to be about love.

This is why Pokeshipping hints came to a halt during the Johto days, and barely appeared at all besides a few episodes.

As for May's storyline, the Contests were easily to put a romance subplot into since they were aimed at girls.

That makes sense now, lol, i was gonna say earlier that it wouldnt make any sense if shipping was supposed to be gone entirely and then they have this guy who constantly gives may roses and they're blushing about each other all the time...so yeah that makes sense now xD

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Advanceshipping- Ash and May learned quite a bit from each other, and the Manaphy Movie was PURE advanceshipping (Luvdisc scene, when Ash puts May into the capsule), and Ash and May, no matter how much they fight, always seem to make up. Misty bullies Ash a lot, she seems to fall more into the older sister category, Dawn into the "Best Friend, Sister" category. May seems to be the only different one, and Iris looks a lot like Misty- constantly bagging on Ash's decisions, ect..I always found pairing Dawn with an OC was the way to go, and I despise ContestShipping, and IkariShipping, so all the better! (No offence)

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Had to go with pokeshipping because Ash and Misty just felt so close. Dawn also seemed to have a close bond with Ash but not quite like Misty did. As for May, it just seemed to me that she forgot Ash was there half the time, and she was obviously more into Drew. For now it's too early to tell what kind of relationship Ash will have with Iris so no opinion on that. Pokeshipping FTW.

rioT6296

a girl who dreams (:
I went with Pearlshipping. I don't know, I just feel like there was something special between Dawn and Ash that wasn't in the other girls' relationships with him.
Idk, it's just my opinion.

Pearlshipping. :)

Even though it didn't go far with the romance, I still find it to be the most simple, cute and inspirational of all the other Ash centered ships. It's their bond I value the most.

Poke and Negai are fun with the bickering, and Advance didn't really have much going for it other than the few hints here and there (besides, May had Drew).

I'm generally OK with all Ash ships, but Pearl seems so...right. :)

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
SatoKasu.

Pretty much the only TachiShipping I ever supported in the anime. Kasumi's a cute tsundere and Satoshi looks like Red. I foresee perfectly bred babies. Now make them.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence on all Ash/Satoshi ships. So, I'm kinda in need of informed recommendation.

Should I really choose one and get with a fandom to make up my mind? Or should I just continue going back and forth every time a new female companion appears, never to settle on anything?

Each have their particular, strong pros and cons...

PokeShipping: Pro - First to travel together, have saved each others lives at one point or another.
Con - First male/female dynamic in the series, giving the writers excuse to work them over as much as they could with the short amount of time they thought they had until the series' original end.

AdvanceShipping: Pro - First female to need Ash/Satoshi in her journey development, both the first to go through a region collecting badges/ribbons in their respective competitions.
Con - Their time as student-teacher (the strongest bond they shared) would have eventually ended, and the (first) rival ship is strongest in terms of overall support and evidence.

PearlShipping: Pro - Both have very similar personalities in their determination and aspirations, both have shared and gained several competitive skills in learning from each other.
Con - A rival ship has been made near-canon (in dub), and their final goodbye was not as strong as it could've been.

NegaiShipping, however, has barely begun. Comparisons have been made between Iris and Misty/Kasumi, but that could be counted as a pro or con. That's a matter of opinion.

...Someone wanna help me? Before this thing may be taken down...

Last edited:

Graham Aker

PearlShipping: Pro - Both have very similar personalities in their determination and aspirations, both have shared and gained several competitive skills in learning from each other.
Con - A rival ship has been made near-canon (in dub), and their final goodbye was not as strong as it could've been.

What rival ship has been made "near Cannon"? I hope you're not referring to Kenny. Just because in the dub she called him handsome ( or cool, in the jap version.) doesn't mean she is suddenly in love with him or anything. It's pretty one-sided on Kenny's part. Unless proven otherwise. All we have to go on is her "cool" comment. People call others "cool" all the time, so I don't really see any signs of her being interested in him. Most of his appearances she seemed annoyed, or just friendly with him. Dawn didn't have a romantic interest in him, or anybody else really.

At any rate, May has been shown to be interested in Drew. Misty did show a interest in Ash, but it didn't amount to anything in the 13+ years of this show. Iris, is really too soon to tell.

Last edited:

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Everyone pretty much compliments each other with the word kakkoii in the Japanese version. It really doesn't mean anything. Guys do it with each other, people do it to their Pokemon.

And lol, someone edited my post even though I was just joking. Wouldn't purposely offend fellow shippers of my anime OTP. >_>

blondekid15

Pokéshipper
Kasumi's a cute tsundere and Satoshi looks like Red. I foresee perfectly bred babies. Now make them.

Lol, yes, Kasumi is an adorable tsundere, and Satoshi is so dense it makes the couple all the cuter (the fact that one won't admit their feelings and the other is oblivious to it makes the couple happening all the more desirable). Although Red is a flirt in the manga, right?

Anyways, I just wish Satoshi and Kasumi ended up together, they were the cliche best friends who would get together at the end of the series, since there was only supposed to be one season and movie, and at that point Kasumi was Satoshi's only love interest...After that their hints only increased in the 2nd season which could lead to the belief that they were still going to have them end up together but then as someone said before, one of the writers gave up on shipping during the Jhoto series, unfortunately :(

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Lol, yes, Kasumi is an adorable tsundere, and Satoshi is so dense it makes the couple all the cuter (the fact that one won't admit their feelings and the other is oblivious to it makes the couple happening all the more desirable). Although Red is a flirt in the manga, right?
Red's Electric Tale of Pikachu counterpart, Satoshi, is a sort of a flirt, but Red from Pokemon Special is more similar to Satoshi from the anime when it comes to love. He has two girls on him (arguably three, which includes Kasumi, Yellow, and maybe Blue) and he doesn't do anything about it. He's not as oblivious to love as Satoshi is, but he's just as incompetent and uncaring as Satoshi. Heck, Manga PokeShipping is pretty much the same as PokeShipping, only Kasumi's feelings for Red are stated outright internally and she doesn't get angry at Red like she does with Satoshi in the anime (since her manga counterpart isn't a tsundere).

However, Red from the games is too cool to flirt with girls. They flirt with him.

Anyways, I just wish Satoshi and Kasumi ended up together, they were the cliche best friends who would get together at the end of the series, since there was only supposed to be one season and movie, and at that point Kasumi was Satoshi's only love interest...After that their hints only increased in the 2nd season which could lead to the belief that they were still going to have them end up together but then as someone said before, one of the writers gave up on shipping during the Jhoto series, unfortunately :(
Well, at least people won't be disappointed when another ship comes true and the one they prefer doesn't. :p I think it works out better that way.

The first movie thing is debatable, but it does seem that way from the trailer, depending on how you view it.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
What do we call AshXJessie?

SnowyPiplup

Aren't I ADORABLE?
Advanceshipping. I hate Dawn and Iris, and Misty and Ash seem to cliche for some reason.

ADV all the way!!!! I have loved this pairing ever since I saw the first episode with May in it. They just click for me, I really don't know why.

This is coming from a girl who grew up thinking Ash and Misty would make the best couple (before I knew shippings existed). But when I watched the AG I just love their little moments.

Ash and May look perfect for each other and the teacher/student relationship was also a great add. Ash actually knew more then someone at the beginning of a journey- and could use that knowledge to help them. The fact that he helped change May's total opinion about Pokemon pushed this pair on me too.

I DISLIKE with a PASSION Contestshiupping- Drew just seems too harsh, if I was in May's position I would hate it if he insulted me on a back-to-back basis then handed me a rose. It doesn't make up for anything that would have come out of his mouth minutes/hours/days before or after I get that rose.

I can support Poke/Pearl/Negai because I can see how these pairings are represented- I mean there isn't much I can argue with anyway, I DO NOT want any fights. But on ther other hand- like other people, clearly, I don't take other shipping hints as seriosuly (a few maybe, but not a lot at all)

That's it...I didn't need this much info in here...I don't think...but anyway, that's my opinion.

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
POKESHIPPING of course!

Ash and Misty, together forever.

Anyway I also beleive in

Contestshipping (May and Drew)

WishfulShipping (Iris and Cilan)

and whatever Dawn and Kenny are.

Status
Not open for further replies.