• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Ash shipping?

What Ash shipping?

• Pokeshipping

Votes: 203 43.7%
  • Advanceshipping

Votes: 109 23.4%
  • Pearlshipping

Votes: 107 23.0%
  • Negaishipping

Votes: 46 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samantha Sparks

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S NO IMAGINATIONSHIPPING!
Bah, its not that Popular anyways. Bianca is a lil' too old for Ash anyways...

I vote, Pearlshipping.

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
I was such a die hard romantic when I was a kid, so I always read Pokeshipping fics and stuff. My cousin and I would talk about it from time to time, the Pokeship hints.

But I wasn't really serious about ships until later on and Advanceshipping became my Pokemon OTP involving Satoshi. (Which is odd since I was all over Hoennshipping since May came in, but I guess the games never involve me with the fandom much.) I think I fell in love with how mature Ash had become and how he was teaching May, even though he doesn't do Contests. Also, can anyone say movie 9?

I know Contestshipping is the big thing but I'm lame and I actually haven't watched a lot of episodes with Drew, probably because I don't like the guy too much. I'd rather ship her with Dawn before I would ship May with Drew.

And Comashipping of course, if anyone could tell by my signature. Also, Collide and Kodak are kind of cute too. >x>

Pearlshipping FTW!
I prefer May with Drew, Misty with Tracey, and Iris with Cilian (is that his name? I'm used to calling him Dento) so that just kind of leaves Dawn. Plus, Ash and Dawn were so close during the DP saga and Pearl was the first shipping I ever truly supported, how could I not love it? It's so cute and IMO, Ash and Dawn are perfect for each other.
So yeah, for me, it's Pearlshipping for me.

Exactly the same here,

KaitxKidnap

Guardian of Altomare
I have to say, even though I'm not a huge fan of Sinnoh, Dawn is super cute. Pearlshipping all the way.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
In order for me, it goes something like this:

1.Pikashipping(unromantically)
2.Advanceshipping(romantically)
3.Negaishipping(romantically)
4.Palletshipping(unromantically)
5.Comashipping(unromantically)
6.Pokeshipping(romantically)
7.Imaginationshipping(unromantically)
8.Collideshipping(unromantically)
9.Abilityshipping(romantically)
10.Bouldershipping(unromantically)
11.Pokeshilvershipping(romantically)
12.Altoshipping(unromantically)

I ship Ash just too much....Satoshi is very shippable:D

Last edited:

Eternal Draconic

Bad mushrooms!
I vote POKESHIPPING.

that ship has a better chance of becoming canon then any other.

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
yeah, Pokeshippping, based on their interactions in the first season, which is by far the one with most storyline and plot

Secret Mew

The Adorable Glitch
I think we all know that Pokeshipping is near enough canon. With the endless hints between Misty and him in the tv series aswell as the romantic songs where Misty actually tells Ash that she loves him (Mistys Song and we can't forget Under The Mistletoe!) and even the fact he still carries her lure! I mean, c'mon! It's just so sweet. Hence why it got my vote. I think the only reason that not much romance was seen between the two was the same reason for not involving those two songs in the tv series (though it's all there on the official CDs) which would be... HELLO! 4Kids!!

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
aswell as the romantic songs where Misty actually tells Ash that she loves him (Mistys Song and we can't forget Under The Mistletoe!)

These are two dub creations of 4kids from back in 1999, which really have no bearing on what the Japanese writers do with the anime. This is the same 4kids who said that Arbok evolves into Seviper, so its not like all those dub alterations 4kids did all those years ago effect the Japanese anime at all. Not to mention that ridiculous Pokemon Live movie where it was implied Giovanni was Ash's father...yeah.

There's not much reason to put stock into dub creations, they don't really have anything to do with the Japanese writers.

Eternal Draconic

Bad mushrooms!
^ Actually, I think there may have been a japan only song, that also supported it.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
^ Actually, I think there may have been a japan only song, that also supported it.

Sorry but there aren't any japanese Pokeshipping songs. Only dub. And Far as I know Spanish dub. Never a Japanese one. As Far as I know to my knowledge.

Last edited:

nikkissippi121

Team Rocket Admin
Out of those, AdvanceShipping. But BoulderShipping is my favorite! ♥

Shooti

Uber Trainer
As far as I know, there aren't any Japanese PokeShipping songs. Only English ones.

I've seen some Pokeshippers claiming that the Pokemon movie 2000 ending song called "Toi Et Moi" is the Japanese song referring to SatoKasu, but this is debatable.

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
I've seen some Pokeshippers claiming that the Pokemon movie 2000 ending song called "Toi Et Moi" is the Japanese song referring to SatoKasu, but this is debatable.

If Pokeshippers want to talk like that, then Sowelu's "Mamoru Beki Mono" in movie 9 is SatoHaru's song. I'm just saying. ._.

Question though, out of the male Satoshi shippings, why is CafeMocha so popular? I would think it was sort of like a Bouldershipping equivalent but Bouldershipping was never as popular. I think CafeMocha has more fans than Negai!

gohan5

Irisboy
If Pokeshippers want to talk like that, then Sowelu's "Mamoru Beki Mono" in movie 9 is SatoHaru's song. I'm just saying. ._.

Question though, out of the male Satoshi shippings, why is CafeMocha so popular? I would think it was sort of like a Bouldershipping equivalent but Bouldershipping was never as popular. I think CafeMocha has more fans than Negai!

Well that has to do mostly with Cilan's popularity. Cilan in my opinion has already exceeded Brock's popularity and Best Wishes is still new. Cilan fits the bishounen apperance that has gained many fans. Brock had a likeability factor but I'm not sure he was a bishounen. Add that with Ash who also may be considered somewhat of a "bishie" and you've got a pretty popular male shipping. I agree it's interesting considering this has never happened before with CafeMocha arguably being more popular than Negai, Wishful, or even BestWishesShipping (AshxIrisxCilan).

UDI

Orange Hero
pearlshipping of course

Status
Not open for further replies.