• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What attacks should they be given?

Hydreigon needs his Nasty Plot, and Chestnaught needs his Drain Punch.

That's all I care about.

As long as they don't do something like give Mega Swampert Sap Sipper, though...

It wouldn't make much sense if it did. . .

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Many of Serperiors attacks involve using its long body and tail in some way (Slam, Wrap, Leaf Blade, Wring Out, Coil) so you'd think it'd get something like Dragon Tail or Iron Tail in there, maybe Aqua Tail.

It gets all of those, just not via level-up.

As long as they don't do something like give Mega Swampert Sap Sipper, though...

Honestly, that's the kind of thing that sounds more broken than it would actually be.

Though, I guess it'd kinda depend on how its stat increase is distributed.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
The only other move that I'd want to see on Delphox is Dazzling Gleam. Because Fairy Magic. Other than that...

Flygon w/ Bug Buzz should've already happened.

And Blastoise should have Lock-On. For the design's sake if nothing else.

Last edited:

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
How about giving Hypno baton pass?

Currently it isn't very useful since all psychic types from Gen I are better than it is, and even a lot of Pokémon from future generations surpass it. (though I will admit that there DO exist worse fully evolved psychic types in other generations.)

With baton pass it can become a better supporter Pokémon. It has access to several stat-boosting moves, so why not give it access to baton pass so it can help other Pokémon that need the stat boots who don't have access to these moves?
Hypno would be even better if it were easier to access Wish with it, but at this time it is event-exclusive. Which is a shame because I have been wanting to use a Wish Hypno for quite some time now.

Sprinter1988

Because Blaziken is by far the most popular of the Hoenn starters, and GF was going for popularity when deciding Megas for better or worse. And I don't know if Swampert and Sceptile are really that popular or if their fans are just a small vocal minority/Hoenn fanboys/both.

But if they ever do a Hoenn remake then this creates a massive imbalance between the three starters.

Actually due to the anime, Sceptile is pretty popular. It may not be the best competitively but, newsflash, Blaziken sucked competitively at one point too! A Mega-Sceptile with a good new ability could completely change it playability, same with Swampert.

Also as for popular pokemon - were Mawile, Kangaskhan or Pinsir ever really that popular? Especially when compared to so many others that do what they used to do better than them?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Keldeo and Ice Beam since Icy Wind can be a bit underwhelming despite the Speed drops it gives to opponents imo. Oh and Hurricane Zapdos too.

But if they ever do a Hoenn remake then this creates a massive imbalance between the three starters.

Actually due to the anime, Sceptile is pretty popular. It may not be the best competitively but, newsflash, Blaziken sucked competitively at one point too! A Mega-Sceptile with a good new ability could completely change it playability, same with Swampert.

Also as for popular pokemon - were Mawile, Kangaskhan or Pinsir ever really that popular? Especially when compared to so many others that do what they used to do better than them?

To be fair, none of the starters have ever been equal.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I mentioned this in another thread so I might as well mention it here as it's more relevant here.

I don't get why Magmortar can't learn sludge bomb. I mean it has a ........ cannon for arms, how can he NOT use sludge bomb.

Also, it's capable of learning smog. What sense does that make it can learn smog and not sludge bomb?

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I just assumed that Smog is supposed to allude to the smoke that comes from fires, or something similar...

But if Infernape can learn Gunk Shot...

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Well, alright, I guess that makes sense. But my second reason as to why Magmortar should be able to use sludge bomb still stands.

Its arms are literally cannons. So it should be able to learn sludge bomb because of that.

Sprinter1988

To be fair, none of the starters have ever been equal.

True, but there's a difference between facing a Venusaur with a Wartortle and facing a Venusaur with a Blastoise, if you get my meaning!

I mentioned this in another thread so I might as well mention it here as it's more relevant here.

I don't get why Magmortar can't learn sludge bomb. I mean it has a ........ cannon for arms, how can he NOT use sludge bomb.

Also, it's capable of learning smog. What sense does that make it can learn smog and not sludge bomb?

It can't learn Sludge Bomb? (checks) Damn, you're right. I could have sworn that it could... that makes no sense at all!

Wait, Magcargo can't learn it either? What the hell?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Yes, they could learn it by TM, but that's not the point. At the very least, Sandshrew should have always been able to learn Dig through level up since that is exactly what the pokedex always said it does. Same goes for Onix. Having to use a TM to make your Ground Type pokemon learn any kind of ground type move is wrong. You don't use a TM for Thunderbolt on a Pikachu that will learn the move via level up, instead you give it to something else as a coverage move, and you should be able to do the same with your Earthquake TM (yes, I know TM's gained unlimited use in Gen 5, but before then it was a terrible waste.)

The point is that it was a good thing that Sandshrew and Sandslash could now learn Dig and Earthquake via level up.

I actually forgot past generation didn't have infinite use of the TMs. My bad. ^^' But we have to agree, it's not like Sandshrew and Sandslash couldn't learn those moves by any means. :p But I don't know why we're actually talking about this since they do learn it by level up, now.

I do think Gyarados should at least be able to learn Aerial Ace via TM. Many Pokémon can learn this move because there is a part of their body that allows them to do so. Gyarados's body seems sharp enough to use Aerial Ace, or heck even its tail could slash through the air. Its Flying type just makes it even more logical, yet Pokémon like Mr. Mime, Misdreavus and Tangrowth can learn Aerial Ace while Gyarados cannot.

Last edited:

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I actually forgot past generation didn't have infinite use of the TMs. My bad. ^^' But we have to agree, it's not like Sandshrew and Sandslash couldn't learn those moves by any means. :p But I don't know why we're actually talking about this since they do learn it by level up, now.

Speaking of moves by level up, I never understood why Feraligatr couldn't learn crunch by level up until two generations after it was introduced.

I mean look at it. It's clearly a Pokémon with a huge mouth, strong teeth and big jaws.

It makes absolutely no sense that it couldn't learn crunch by level up in the beginning.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I wish Goodra can learn Earth power.

Or how about Giving Machamp/ Conkeldurr Sucker Punch?

How about giving Nasty Plot to Reuniclus?

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Or how about Giving Machamp/ Conkeldurr Sucker Punch?

Well, the thing about sucker punch is that despite the fact it has punch in its name, the Pokémon using it isn't really using its hands. That explains why Mightyena, Dugtrio, and many others who don't have hands have access to that move.

I'd love to see Machamp and Conkeldurr being able to use Shadow Punch though. And Hitmonchan as well. It's the only elemental punch they can't learn.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Well, the thing about sucker punch is that despite the fact it has punch in its name, the Pokémon using it isn't really using its hands. That explains why Mightyena, Dugtrio, and many others who don't have hands have access to that move.

I'd love to see Machamp and Conkeldurr being able to use Shadow Punch though. And Hitmonchan as well. It's the only elemental punch they can't learn.

If this is the case I want to see Gourgiest learn it. Or in that case I want to see many ghost types learn that move. It's pretty self explanatory why.

Murder Doll

Button Presser

In regards to Sucker Punch I hear it's japanese name more or so translates to surprise attack (and as such isn't specified to be a punch)

alejandrawr

Pangoro & Hariyama should get Drain Punch, especially the former design-wise, and the latter battle-wise. I tried to make them pseudo "Conkeldurr"s for the lower tiers, but their lack of any form of recover really hurts. Same with Gothitelle and Hypnosis (it gets Dream Eater, but no move to actually put things to sleep IIRC). Pangoro also really needs elemental punches to make the most of it's Iron Fist ability.

Blastoise with Shell Smash would be pretty sick, especially in it's mega form with pseudo-STAB Dark and Fighting in addition to Water. So would Slack Off for (Mega) Aggron :p

Blaziken was always good competitively. In DP, he was the top tier wall breaker in UU. Same with ADV, as he beat the Skarm Bliss core that defined stall back then.

I wanna see Metagross get Shift Gear. He needs it.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Meh. I give you the comment about popular Pokemon. I forgot about stuff like Mega Mawile and need to remember that there are no patterns for who gets Megas.

But GF has never cared about keeping the starters balanced. If they did, Chesnaught and especially Delphox would have been given better HAs to balance them out with Greninja. Serperior and Samurott would have been dual typed like Emboar, as would Blastoise and Sceptile since their fellow starters were all dual typed. etc. etc.

Tonguetyd

Shell Smash for Samurott, Lapras, Torterra, Escavalier and Shelmet.