• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What attacks should they be given?

thunder2910

Loves pizza
in my opinion greninja should be able to learn aqua jet, I mean it is a ninja and aqua jet has first priority....

Tonguetyd

But the issue here is that they aren't in shells (or evolve from a Pokémon who is in shells) so it wouldn't make sense for them to learn that move.

With maybe the exception of the last two.

Neither are Torkoal and Carracosta.

Sprinter1988

I miss the BubbleBeam TM. I know its not the absolute best of moves (let's face it though, not all TM's are) but it was decent enough with plenty of pokemon able to learn it as a coverage move. Also there are some pokemon who should learn it but don't. Vaporeon, for example, is the "Bubble Jet Pokemon" and yet it learns neither Bubble nor BubbleBeam. What the hell?!
I feel like Squirtle and Froakie should be able to learn BubbleBeam as well, as they both learn Bubble via Level Up.

Also there's one other thing I miss not being able to do. In Crystal it was possible for Phanpy to get the move Water Gun as an egg move by having Wooper, Quagsire or Vaporeon as its father. I'll admit that Water Gun is far from a good move and there is absolutely no reason to have it on Phanpy other than I don't like that I can't! I get why TM's come and go, as do Move Tutors, but surely if a pokemon can learn a move through level up or through breeding once it should be able to always do so!

Tonguetyd

How about this: Dunsparce gets Crush Claw. With Serene Grace, it'll lower the opponent's defense always.
Dunsparce, of course doesn't have claws, but Gastly can learn the Elemental Punches with no arms.

Sprinter1988

How about allowing Pinsir to learn a flying type move. That way at least some good will come from it's mega-evo being yet another bug/flying type!

Hidden Power

How about allowing Pinsir to learn a flying type move. That way at least some good will come from it's mega-evo being yet another bug/flying type!

Do you even know what mega pinsir's ability does in battle...?

Tonguetyd

How about looking at Mega Pinsir's ability?

Sprinter1988

Do you even know what mega pinsir's ability does in battle...?

How about looking at Mega Pinsir's ability?

Oh yeah. Whoops. I haven't bothered training my Pinsir yet, so that kind of stuff isn't tattoo'd into my brain.

And at the top of that it wouldn't make sense if regular Pinsir could learn flying type moves.

I mean think about it, how would regular Pinsir be able to use brave bird or wing attack without any wings?

It could still learn Aerial Ace like Typhlosion, Drapion, Stoutland, Arcanine, Tyrantrum, Dedenne, Sandslash, Leafeon, Gallade, Serperior, Samurott, Liepard Krookodile, Garchomp, Heracross, Armaldo, Absol, Gogoat, Kecleon, Kricketune, Ambipom, Purugly, Aegislash, Zangoose, Crawdaunt, Heatmor, Durant, Nidoqueen, Greninja, Chesnaught, Malamar, Barbaracle, Persian, Tyranitar, Bisharp, Feraligatr, Mienshao, Bouffalant, Sableye, Parasect, Ursaring, Beartic, Pangoro, Aggron, Weavile, Slaking, Marowak, Ferrothorn, Haxorus, Primeape, Excadrill, Golduck, Leavanny, Crustle, Zoroark and all those other pokemon that learn it with no wings, no other mode of flight and are not of the flying type.

Also, Blaziken can use Brave Bird and it neither has wings nor can fly (ok, this doesn't give a reason for Pinsir to learn it, but I just thought that I'd point out that little flaw!)

Tonguetyd

It could still learn Aerial Ace like Typhlosion, Drapion, Stoutland, Arcanine, Tyrantrum, Dedenne, Sandslash, Leafeon, Gallade, Serperior, Samurott, Liepard Krookodile, Garchomp, Heracross, Armaldo, Absol, Gogoat, Kecleon, Kricketune, Ambipom, Purugly, Aegislash, Zangoose, Crawdaunt, Heatmor, Durant, Nidoqueen, Greninja, Chesnaught, Malamar, Barbaracle, Persian, Tyranitar, Bisharp, Feraligatr, Mienshao, Bouffalant, Sableye, Parasect, Ursaring, Beartic, Pangoro, Aggron, Weavile, Slaking, Marowak, Ferrothorn, Haxorus, Primeape, Excadrill, Golduck, Leavanny, Crustle, Zoroark and all those other pokemon that learn it with no wings, no other mode of flight and are not of the flying type.

Well apparently Aerial Ace is based on a sword technique made by some guy called Sasaki Kojiro, so pokemon that have claws or other sharp body parts can learn the move.

Hidden Power

Hence my original point - Pinsir should learn it.

And then have absolutely no use for it. It's a redundant addition. Even the usual Flying type Pokemon don't use it competitively despite getting STAB, much less a normal, STABless Pinsir. A mega Pinsir only boost Aerial Ace to 90 base power, whereas an aerilated Return is 130 base power.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe you guys can find a good reason other than "because it is so" but I find it odd that Zoroark can't be bred to have Play Rough.

Certainly you'd expect rough play from Zorua/Zoroark moreso than Skrelp!

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Maybe you guys can find a good reason other than "because it is so" but I find it odd that Zoroark can't be bred to have Play Rough.

Certainly you'd expect rough play from Zorua/Zoroark moreso than Skrelp!

How exactly would that make sense that Zoroak could learn rough play?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm curious to hear your reasons.