• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What attacks should they be given?

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
How exactly would that make sense that Zoroak could learn rough play?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm curious to hear your reasons.

I am not a person who does the battling or even considers it to be the main selling point of Pokémon for me, so I understand if it's pointless in Zoroark having "Play Rough" (Esp. considering it wouldn't benefit from STAB and it's more a Sp. Attacker anyways).

At the same time, I find "Play Rough" to be the best* Fairy type, if not new move in general, move and would have gladly taught it to my Zoroark. Besides, Zoroark's moveset is a bit...bleak for me. I mean I have four moves (which reminds me...) but it's because I don't like any of the other options much...
Not only that but a fox pokémon with the Illusion ability would imply they are playful (you know, Trickster status and all that jazz) so a dark one would naturally play rough**. ;P

*I mean I love Moonblast too but...Play Rough is so amusing and unexpected IMHO
**I still want a cute/amazing Dark/Fairy line. :'(

Last edited:

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I am not a person who does the battling or even considers it to be the main selling point of Pokémon for me, so I understand if it's pointless in Zoroark having "Play Rough" (Esp. considering it wouldn't benefit from STAB and it's more a Sp. Attacker anyways).

At the same time, I find "Play Rough" to be the best* Fairy type, if not new move in general, move and would have gladly taught it to my Zoroark. Besides, Zoroark's moveset is a bit...bleak for me. I mean I have four moves (which reminds me...) but it's because I don't like any of the other options much...
Not only that but a fox pokémon with the Illusion ability would imply they are playful (you know, Trickster status and all that jazz) so a dark one would naturally play rough**. ;P

*I mean I like Moonblast too but...Play Rough is so amusing and unexpected IMHO
**I still want a cute/amazing Dark/Fairy line. :'(

Just to clarify I was not talking about how it makes sense competitively. I meant how dose it make sense that the Pokémon can learn it?

For example, it makes sense that Salamence can use flamethrower because it's a powerful fire-breathing dragon.

I mean based on what a Pokémon is able to do.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Conkeldurr should be able to learn Wood Hammer as a prevo move from Timburr....I mean Timburr carries around a giant thing of wood...and 'hammers' things with it....

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Conkeldurr should be able to learn Wood Hammer as a prevo move from Timburr....I mean Timburr carries around a giant thing of wood...and 'hammers' things with it....

But the issue here is the plank isn't part of its body. While it does come from the bodies of the Pokémon using it.

Also, there is already a move for the Conkeldurr evolutionary line where they use the heavy objects they're holding. It's called hammer arm.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
Aerodactyl should be able to learn Rock Head, and maybe Brave Bird.
Also, anything that learns Stone Edge (like Cobalion) should be able to learn Rock Slide. I don't see the logic of giving the former but not the latter.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Aerodactyl should be able to learn Rock Head, and maybe Brave Bird.
Also, anything that learns Stone Edge (like Cobalion) should be able to learn Rock Slide. I don't see the logic of giving the former but not the latter.

The same can apply to the fact that some Pokémon able to learn flamethrower are unable to learn fire blast and vice versa.

If a Pokémon can learn flamethrower, it should be able to learn fire blast as well.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
The same can apply to the fact that some Pokémon able to learn flamethrower are unable to learn fire blast and vice versa.

If a Pokémon can learn flamethrower, it should be able to learn fire blast as well.
One could argue that Fire Blast requires more expertise than Flamethrower, though.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
But the issue here is the plank isn't part of its body. While it does come from the bodies of the Pokémon using it.

That hasn't stopped farfetch'd from being able to use slash presumably with its sword, despite the move's being described as scratching with claws. Unless farfetch'd uses its barely-existent toenails when using slash, which would imply it didn't have any moves utilizing its onion sword in the first gen.

Though a wood-hammering timburr would beg the question of how timburr would injure itself clobbering someone with a plank.

Sprinter1988

How about Charizard being able to learn Dragon Pulse through the use of a Heart Scale rather than through breeding? I know its not difficult to breed for the move but damnit I want to have it on the Charizard I got from Professor Sycamore in Y version. I raised it well to be a special attacker but if I want to round off his moves with a Dragon Pulse attack so it can deal front damage against all those dragons you see in WiFi battles then the only way I can do it is to breed from him until I get a Charmander that knows the move and raise it all over again.

Sprinter1988

I'd like Venusaur to be able to learn Power Whip through level up. Although many pokemon can have vine whip the Bulbasaur line is quite heavily associated with the move, especially in the anime and artwork and Power Whip is in essence a powered up version of vine whip. I know how it can get through breeding, but power whip on Venusaur just strikes me as one of those moves that should just be learned anyway without having to jump through hoops to get it.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I'd like Venusaur to be able to learn Power Whip through level up. Although many pokemon can have vine whip the Bulbasaur line is quite heavily associated with the move, especially in the anime and artwork and Power Whip is in essence a powered up version of vine whip. I know how it can get through breeding, but power whip on Venusaur just strikes me as one of those moves that should just be learned anyway without having to jump through hoops to get it.

That's a very interesting point.

Out of all Pokémon capable of learning power whip it'd make most sense for Venusaur being able to learn it.

Sure, in regular form it wouldn't be able to do much with it because of its semi-decent attack stat.

But in the mega form it would be able to do stuff with it.

And it makes a lot more sense for a Venusaur being able to use it than Lickitung/Lickilicky.

Rakurai

Hydreigon really ought to be able to learn Nasty Plot.

It's the only Dark type with high special attack that doesn't learn the move, and the lack of a decent boosting move is one of the main things that holds it back from being a competitive staple.

Creeper

om nom nom
Flavor-wise, the Ralts line needs more dance-based moves; Gardevoir is based off a ballroom dancer, and by extension Kirlia. (correct me if I'm wrong.)

Gardevoir gets Quiver Dance at Lv. 50 (eh, is it too bug-typey?)
Gallade gets Dragon DAnce at Lv. 50. (warrior that used to dance --> Dragon Dance)

i'm tired so if this is super dumb please ignore.

and Octoboy, splinters fly off the plank and hit Timburr.

Sprinter1988

Flavor-wise, the Ralts line needs more dance-based moves; Gardevoir is based off a ballroom dancer, and by extension Kirlia. (correct me if I'm wrong.)

Gallade gets Dragon DAnce at Lv. 50. (warrior that used to dance --> Dragon Dance)

Its not dumb - I can entirely see where you are coming from. Personally I think that they should learn Teeter Dance as well, like Lilligant and Meloetta

octoboy

I Crush Everything

Interesting idea with timburr. As for the ralts line, yes it could definitely use more dance moves (I'd say kirlia seems even more like a dancer than the rest of its line, it does ballet poses in Colosseum). Not sure about the ones you suggested as they tend to be relatively type exclusive. Though lilligant can use quiver dance, so maybe kirlia could as well, but dragon dance seems to be pretty exclusive to dragon types and reptiles. Gallade doesn't seem to have much reason to get it.

Sprinter1988

Bubble Beam for Vaporeon. Not the best move going, but Vaporeon is The Bubble Jet Pokemon and cannot use either Bubble or Bubble Beam.

Gampi

ガンピ
I was dissapointed that Hawlucha doesn't get Brave Bird and instead gets the inferior [in my eyes anyway] Sky Attack. I hope Brave Bird is a tutor move in Z/X2/Y2.

I think Bisharp should be able to learn Beat Up. Its Dex entries talk about how it leads a group of Pawniard and whatnot so its fitting.

Delphox should get Focus Blast so people will shut up about it being a terrible Pokémon.