• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What attacks should they be given?

Grei

not the color
I really think Samurott and Torterra should learn Shell Smash. They're decent Starters on their own, but both have subpar Speed stats (one more understandably than the other) and would benefit greatly from Shell Smash.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Ferrothorn should get Spiky Shield, honestly. And Solrock should get Moonblast. The fact that he gets power from the sun, and sun provides the moon all its brightness... But that's me and my Oddish. Still, I think it should.

Tonguetyd

Ferrothorn should get Spiky Shield, honestly. And Solrock should get Moonblast.

Solrock doesn't have any use for Moonblast. I say it should get Zen Headbutt and Flare Blitz. And Morning Sun naturally.

Aurorus and Lunatone both need Power Gem, while Zapdos and Articuno need Air Slash.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Aurorus and Lunatone both need Power Gem, while Zapdos and Articuno need Air Slash.

I see where you're coming from with Aurorus, but most Pokémon able to learn the move have a gem or something related to that somewhere on their bodies. I don't see anything like that on Lunatone. So how would that make sense?

thunder2910

Loves pizza
I think that ninetales should be able to learn psychic, its pokedex entry says it puts a curse on anyone who pulls its tail, making it sound like it has some psychic powers, i know it can learn psyshock but psychic would be even better

MrMixer28

Umbreon learning Dark Pulse through level up would be amazing. The strongest dark type move he learns is Faint Attack (Gen 6 did make Assurance base power 60, which is the same as Faint Attack) and I think if he learned Dark Pulse he would be a real threat since his highest stats are Defense and Special Defense and he would have a good STAB move.

Sprinter1988

Gyarados should learn Giga Impact and Dragon Tail through level up instead of Hyper Beam and Twister as it relies on Attack rather than Special Attack.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Gyarados should learn Giga Impact and Dragon Tail through level up instead of Hyper Beam and Twister as it relies on Attack rather than Special Attack.

Come to think of it, it makes no sense that Gyarados STILL learns hyper beam through level up even after the special attack/attack split.

I mean Snorlax can no longer learn hyper beam by level up and learns giga impact instead. So why isn't it the same for Gyarados?

And even Pokémon released AFTER the split like Klingklang who doesn't have very good special attack STILL learns it via level up, what the heck?

Umbreon learning Dark Pulse through level up would be amazing. The strongest dark type move he learns is Faint Attack (Gen 6 did make Assurance base power 60, which is the same as Faint Attack) and I think if he learned Dark Pulse he would be a real threat since his highest stats are Defense and Special Defense and he would have a good STAB move.

Learning more attacking moves won't help it in the long run since both its attack and special attack stats are so poor it can barely do enough damage. Which is ok since it's meant to be a defensive Pokémon, not an attacker.

Tonguetyd

Dark Pulse is a TM...

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
How about making pokemon from the Wish-event actually learn Wish as an Egg Move. I would really like to use a Wish Hypno.

Interesting idea with timburr. As for the ralts line, yes it could definitely use more dance moves (I'd say kirlia seems even more like a dancer than the rest of its line, it does ballet poses in Colosseum). Not sure about the ones you suggested as they tend to be relatively type exclusive. Though lilligant can use quiver dance, so maybe kirlia could as well, but dragon dance seems to be pretty exclusive to dragon types and reptiles. Gallade doesn't seem to have much reason to get it.

Than explain to me how a Whiscash, Tropius, Crawdaunt, and Scrafty using Dragon Dance makes sense?

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
How about making pokemon from the Wish-event actually learn Wish as an Egg Move. I would really like to use a Wish Hypno.

Than explain to me how a Whiscash, Tropius, Crawdaunt, and Scrafty using Dragon Dance makes sense?

Whisash is based upon a catfish, a gag/recurring thing in draconic tales.
Tropius because Draconic or something.
Crawduant is based off of a lobster. Lobsters are known as dragon shrimp in Japan.
Scrafty is lizard.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I always felt that Samurott should at least get Shell Smash just for the stat boost... I mean, its shown that pokemon using Shell Smash (crustle and dwebble) Doesn't entirely lose their shell, but rather a thin layer. And some pokemon (I'm looking at you Gorebyss and Huntail) can use it and they don't have much shell on them. Roar would've been good on him as well

Natural

How about recycle on tarous an milktank. It's more of a flavor aspect. Cows...use "recycle" all the time on earth to leech more nutrients from there food

I think Lucario should get Water Pulse.
I mean, it learns all the other pulse-based moves.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
As another logic-based case. Isn't it a bit ironic that darumaka, the zen charm pokémon can't learn, yannow, charm?

Though maybe that's only something that's funny post-translation.

Sprinter1988

As another logic-based case. Isn't it a bit ironic that darumaka, the zen charm pokémon can't learn, yannow, charm?

Though maybe that's only something that's funny post-translation.

The Japanese name for charm is "spoiled pout" which is why it is mostly learned by pokemon that would get pampered a lot by their trainers cute(ish) ones like Snubble and Buneary or baby ones like Pichu or Azurill so that might prevent Darumaka from getting it.

Then again, they let Tyrunt have it, so what do I know?

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
The Japanese name for charm is "spoiled pout" which is why it is mostly learned by pokemon that would get pampered a lot by their trainers cute(ish) ones like Snubble and Buneary or baby ones like Pichu or Azurill so that might prevent Darumaka from getting it.

Then again, they let Tyrunt have it, so what do I know?
Tyrunt has it because Tyrunt is selfish and throws tantrums when it doesn't like something, so basically it's a spoiled little brat.