• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What attracts you to guys/girls?

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
But I really do think that of their personalities. Sorry I don't think they are airheaded. Not all beautiful girls are stupid.

KickAsh

halted development
A pulse!

I've wasted any semi-serious responses on the last 200 iterations of this thread.

KingWiggins

BackBoobs.jpg
for the lols!

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
A good sense of humor, loyalty, and a nice personality. Also, they must be hygienic.

Starship

I want a cappuccino.
What I look for in a guy: Kindness, sense of humor, loyalty, etc.
I don't worry too much about physical things. But I really like blue eyes.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
What attracts me is their hair and eyes. Also loyal, good sense of humor... overall a nice personality.. maybe a tattoo. An awesome one ^_^ D:

Everybody who says personality is the only thing that matters has never been with someone ugly enough to stop traffic (but they have a nice personality everybody).

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Oh, we're actually taking this topic seriously? =P

Personally, what I strive to find is one single quality. A quality that pretty much encompasses sub-qualities everyone admires (including here).

Open-mindedness.

A word so overused and misunderstood. Usually, when we think of open-minded people, we think of a person who has "moderate" views or has no biased leanings towards most things. Some think of it as accepting any new information no matter what. Lastly, some people even think of it as a person who is indecisive on making opinions.

But it's none of those things. Being open-minded is more about the approach rather than the belief, and I have Pesky Persian to thank for that. ;)

What do I mean by this? Over the past few months, I've pretty much learned this secret. It isn't really that important for someone to have the same political or religious ideologies as you. It isn't even important that you both have the same hobbies and interests. It is true that people who share similar activities and beliefs tend to understand each other better, but it simply isn't necessary that they share any of them. What I feel is necessary is that they approach you as a person in an open-minded way.

Being an open-minded person is really about thinking past first base. It's about having the humility to think above your own background and vision. It is recognizing your natural tendencies and challenging them constantly by looking through the world as both "you" and as a neutral observer. It is recognizing that there are hundreds of philosophies and ideologies in everything; even something as simple as waking up in the morning and getting ready for school or work. Regardless of what you do, believe, and value, you can be open-minded by simply approaching the next person and treating their interests, beliefs, and values as valid. It is even more impressive when it is something completely foreign to you.

Someone may not be as big of a gaming nerd as you, but are they interested in seeing what it's like? Do they ask questions about it? Do they try it out? Actually acknowledge and respect your passion for it? Try to learn something from it? Someone may not also be a Christian, but do they still believe in something higher than themselves? Do they recognize the benefits and positive things that come from it? Do they respect and acknowledge what it's done for you personally? Do they understand the idea behind your belief even though both of you do not agree? Do you both see each other past your beliefs..?

People who tend to approach the world and people around them with this attitude likely have sub-qualities everyone wants. Intelligence, honesty, non-judgmental, kindness, flexibility, listening, .. the list goes on. Just about every good quality we want in a mate can easily involve being open-minded in some way.

Last edited:

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
For a time, it used to be the way they looked for me, but now it is personality and whether I can actually have a conversation with them.
For example there is this one girl who is hilarious and everyone notes that she is a great person because she isn't a ***** like some of the girls in my school. I can have a conversation with her too, that is until I get the nerves :D

That is what pretty much attracts me, though when it happens, it can never be undone or stopped repeating, its so annoying :D

EDIT: Rank Up, bout time, must be a sign off this post :D

Viviphy

Canadian Bacon
Good hygiene, intelligent, confident (not to be confused with cocky), easy-going, doesn't mope/complain too much, overall friendliness, etc. etc.

There are simply tons of little things that attract me to a woman, it'd be silly to list them all.

Physically, I'm really not picky but I do have standards. My preference is dark hair with bright eyes, with an average/slender physique. I find several different face structures appealing but there is a certain "template", if you will, that I prefer to others.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Better delete my history =(

I don't want anyone using my computer to get any ideas.

Don't worry, we already have gotten ideas of you saying that ^^ (I'm using my dad's computer, so...yeah...)

I, if I ever want to be in a relationship, would want a girl who's moderately cute, is kind with a good sense of humor, and enjoys spending time with me. Also, I want one that I can cuddle with a lot :)