• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What attracts you to guys/girls?

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen

Rezzo

Occasionally
Did you read below that?

I did indeed. It's just that you don't see very many people in the world today who aren't judgemental to some point. Usually those who are non judgemental have became so because of a lack of confidence of some sort. While I am not accusing every single open-minded person of lacking confidence, I am trying to point out that it's very hard to find someone in this state of mind that isn't smothered in attention, if not lacking confidence.
But in all seriousness, intelligence is a must. Someone who is a good orator and has the ability to cheer people up.

Intelligence is attractive in every meaning of the word, but in no way is it a must. Arrogance tends to follow with intelligence in most people.

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
I have a really hard time believing the people that they are not attracted by appearance at all

•raises hand•

Of course personality matters to me like everyone else, along with moral character and values that are similar to my own. Intelligence is also something that's a given, along with the ability to think critically and objectively

But honestly, I can't find out any of those traits about a person unless I get to know them. And the only reason why I approach a potential significant other to strike up a conversation is if I'm physically attracted to them. I mean, I'm getting married in October, and if something happened to my wife to leave her disfigured, I would stay with her; but we would not have even started are life altering relationship if I hadn't gone and asked her out. And that would not have happened if I didn't find her attractive when I met her

Zwitter™

Surhomme
My sexuality happens to make me feel attracted to other guys.

Nothing wrong with that at all mate.

Intelligence is attractive in every meaning of the word, but in no way is it a must. Arrogance tends to follow with intelligence in most people.

I find an arrogance in someone who actually has a right to be easier to deal with than someone who is arrogant because they are oblivious to the fat that they are thick. Also, intelligence tends to lead to social awkwardness in earlier years and it takes a while for that to disappear. To be honest I find the social awkwardness quite cute in itself.

NO $aints

used 2 be darkkyurem
Needs to be a blonde or a brunette, have a nice figure/body, big boobs, doesnt laugh like a man(i hate that when theres a good looking girl then she laughs and she sounds like a man laughing that just turns u off), good looks, and a great personality.(and doesn't mind me playing video games)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I've started to notice that showing signs of any positive feelings towards me is a major contributing factor to a crush. It happens when you give women's opinions such authority and have a poor self image that makes you starved for validation. So if you have anything nice to say about me, you've pretty much got my heart in your hand in an instant.

And yeah, I can't say I don't have a preference for pretty things. Not proud of it, but I figure having eyesight as my strongest sense makes that hard to not be a thing.

has to have a pretty face, good body, and just able to take a joke. can't have a serious girl, i don't like that(especially when i'm always sarcastic xD).and i think a nice smile puts the icing on the cake.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I did indeed. It's just that you don't see very many people in the world today who aren't judgemental to some point. Usually those who are non judgemental have became so because of a lack of confidence of some sort. While I am not accusing every single open-minded person of lacking confidence, I am trying to point out that it's very hard to find someone in this state of mind that isn't smothered in attention, if not lacking confidence.
It wouldn't be attractive if most people had it. =)

Rezzo

Occasionally
I find an arrogance in someone who actually has a right to be easier to deal with than someone who is arrogant because they are oblivious to the fat that they are thick.

It's still unattractive. Even though I'm arrogant myself half the time

Also, intelligence tends to lead to social awkwardness in earlier years and it takes a while for that to disappear. To be honest I find the social awkwardness quite cute in itself.

You're probably alone on that one. Many people regardless of sexuality and interests turn a blind eye to those with poor social skills, normally because it's hard to tell if the person is either passing off as uninterested, or uninteresting.

It wouldn't be attractive if most people had it. =)

Good point, sir.

Pansy :]

anustart
I'm not going to say that looks don't matter to me, because honestly they do. I mean, I mean, they probably matter to me significantly less than most girls my age, and I am definitely more likely to date an attractive guy, but I wouldn't date a guy purely because he was attractive, but im pretty shallow when it comes to being attracted to unatractive guys :p

I'm not going to say that I flat out "like nerds best" because the majority of the time when I girl says that she doesn't have a full understanding of how guys will take it... I like guys with a nerdy side, hell, it's probably the number one thing I find attractive in a guy, but just saying "I like nerds" is a horrible statement made by girls who take pictures of themselves in 3D glasses and call themselves nerds...

Lucas!

Real Talk Keisha.
For girls, I'm 100% attracted to girls that aren't Caucasian. If you're Asian or African, I'll be even more attracted to you. I don't know why this is but it's what I enjoy the most. I also love people with humor and intelligence.

For guys, I like them Caucasian, not skinny but not huge either, and they have to have some type of body hair. It's the same thing personality wise with the girls.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Oh, we're actually taking this topic seriously? =P

Personally, what I strive to find is one single quality. A quality that pretty much encompasses sub-qualities everyone admires (including here).

Open-mindedness.

A word so overused and misunderstood. Usually, when we think of open-minded people, we think of a person who has "moderate" views or has no biased leanings towards most things. Some think of it as accepting any new information no matter what. Lastly, some people even think of it as a person who is indecisive on making opinions.

But it's none of those things. Being open-minded is more about the approach rather than the belief, and I have Pesky Persian to thank for that. ;)

What do I mean by this? Over the past few months, I've pretty much learned this secret. It isn't really that important for someone to have the same political or religious ideologies as you. It isn't even important that you both have the same hobbies and interests. It is true that people who share similar activities and beliefs tend to understand each other better, but it simply isn't necessary that they share any of them. What I feel is necessary is that they approach you as a person in an open-minded way.

Being an open-minded person is really about thinking past first base. It's about having the humility to think above your own background and vision. It is recognizing your natural tendencies and challenging them constantly by looking through the world as both "you" and as a neutral observer. It is recognizing that there are hundreds of philosophies and ideologies in everything; even something as simple as waking up in the morning and getting ready for school or work. Regardless of what you do, believe, and value, you can be open-minded by simply approaching the next person and treating their interests, beliefs, and values as valid. It is even more impressive when it is something completely foreign to you.

Someone may not be as big of a gaming nerd as you, but are they interested in seeing what it's like? Do they ask questions about it? Do they try it out? Actually acknowledge and respect your passion for it? Try to learn something from it? Someone may not also be a Christian, but do they still believe in something higher than themselves? Do they recognize the benefits and positive things that come from it? Do they respect and acknowledge what it's done for you personally? Do they understand the idea behind your belief even though both of you do not agree? Do you both see each other past your beliefs..?

People who tend to approach the world and people around them with this attitude likely have sub-qualities everyone wants. Intelligence, honesty, non-judgmental, kindness, flexibility, listening, .. the list goes on. Just about every good quality we want in a mate can easily involve being open-minded in some way.

You know, it's almost in poor taste to write this up in a thread about attraction, because it's simply not an ideology that should be limited to something you look for in a partner, but something every person everywhere should strive for. I've always been of the same opinion regarding this as you, though I've never been able to (nor attempted to) articulate it so well. Kudos to you, good sir. Kudos. I've tried to always live my life looking through the perspectives of other people, and though I still think that I can do that quite well, bearing those perspectives in mind while I do whatever the hell it is I'm going to do is something I've noticed myself getting worse at over the years. But reading these words here has inspired me. I'm going to redouble my effort in actually trying to live this way again.

Anywho, girls... I dunno, as in every iteration of this thread, I'm going to have to stick with my tried-and-true answer of having a really great sense of humor and being funny as the number one trait. Of course, I like hilarious people in general, especially those who are funnier than me, but eh. If we're going by physical features... ah, hell, I don't know. Saying anything seems really limiting. I guess I'd have to say that in general, I'd go more for a cute face than a hot body, though.

MonoclePenguin

First of May
Her eyes and the way she keeps her hair. Can tell alot about a woman by just her hair :p

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
^ No you can't.

Cool, I inspire people!

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Things that attract me to guys are blue sapphire clear eyes, jet black hair with curls and most Italian guys like Al Pachino or someone like those. Super sexy!!