1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What book (fiction) are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by shoz999, May 2, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Youngster Joey!

What work of fiction are you currently reading? For me, I'm reading Brandon Sanderson's Words of Radiance, a fantasy set on a single super continent ravaged by continual storms that has forced society, magic and wildlife, from plants to animals, to adapt to this world of storms.

2. LadyTriox

LadyTriox SHE'S SO KAWAII NEEEEEEE

I still haven't completed my second read of anne of green gables yet lol

I love that book a lot so even the second time reading it, I started procrastinating as i reached the end xD I don't want that story to end again :p Its one of the best books i've ever read. :D I got my copy in 2017, I think. I found the book in a thrift store lol probably was a lucky find xD I've heard its a real classic, this story! In general, I relate to Anne Sherly a lot 'cuz she's a total girly girl like I am. I also think her active imagination is cool and fun.

I have no idea what book i'll be reading next in terms of novels after i finish it. In general, I think I like reading my mangas more? :p If mangas count for this thread, i'll probably be re-reading books 2 and 3 of my cinnamoroll ones again soon. I'll probably re-read one of my pokemon adventures mangas, too. Some of my pokemon manga i've already re-read a bunch of times....like my "best of yellow", i've read about 5 times now I think? And my first black and white manga, I read about 8-9 times :p Yeah. A lot of my other manga I haven't read that many times yet. But, in general, I haven't owned any of my pokemon mangas for very long yet (i only got most of them last year. but i have pokemon chapter books i used to re-read a lot in the past waaay before i got the mangas xD i've lost count of how many times i've re-read "Pokemon: I Choose You!" lol).

shoz999 likes this.
  3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Last fiction book I read was Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill. It was pretty good, and very creepy.

shoz999 likes this.
  4. LadyTriox

LadyTriox SHE'S SO KAWAII NEEEEEEE

Might as well post here again to say I started re-reading book 2 of Fluffy Fluffy Cinnamoroll (which is a manga btw) last night after i woke up from a nasty nightmare xD;

The first two chapters with the talking flowers were soooo cute....x3; tehehe

BTS_fan and shoz999 like this.
  5. Peter Harrison

Peter Harrison Well-Known Member

The 3rd Hunger Games book

shoz999 and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  6. oarfish

oarfish #1 Lanturn Owner

Oddly enough, I have gotten into a fiction reading kick lately. I almost always read nonfiction, but as it so happens, I am reading some fiction currently.
    I recently finished Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment, as well as Kafka's The Metamorphosis. I am now reading Dostoevsky's The Possessed, and I am finding it highly enjoyable. I am almost 200 pages into it, and I bought it (and therefore started reading it) less than two days ago. Of course, I did read Crime and Punishment in about three and a half days, so I am not surprised on my reading of The Possessed so far.

As for my nonfiction reading, I am reading probably over a dozen different books in a serious manner at this time. This thread seems focused on fiction, so I will refrain from going into more detail here.

7. GrizzlyB

GrizzlyB Confused and Dazed

The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. It's actually kind of garbage so far, probably because the author is apparently a historian and seems keen on just stuffing in as many obscure mythological/historical references as he can, and overlaying them on a threadbare and overused plot. I've lost interest in it almost completely.

shoz999 likes this.
  8. Hydrangea

Hydrangea 風に吹き Staff Member

I've been rereading the Warriors series.

... you know, those books for young adults about the cats in the forest that fight and stuff? I've been really attached to the series since I was eleven and now that there's a new series coming out (which, by the way, the first book of the new arc was fantastic) I figured it was a good time to start at the beginning and read them all again.

BTS_fan, WishIhadaManafi5 and shoz999 like this.
  9. mariopepper

mariopepper Member

Steven King's books are the best in this genre I suppose. I am not sure there are a lot of his followers but I am one of them. I used to write essays by his books and some help of Paidpaper.net as a best essay writing service reviews and I did well. I thinkg this genre is most interesting to read cause it helps to expand your mind borders..

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  10. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Starting to re read The Stand by Stephen King.

shoz999 likes this.
  11. mariopepper

mariopepper Member

oh.. I heard about this book. When you will finish share your thoughts :)

12. wolf jani

wolf jani Cutting down lolicons

I started reading We Were Liars by e.Lockhart today (got it as a christmas gift). (took a while eh.) I read the first 50 pages & loved it. I will read more later today.

Edit. Finished it now. Loved it it's definitely one of my all time favorite books.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019