• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What book (fiction) are you currently reading?

Zuriel Robinson

I start reading Ulysses by Irish writer James Joyce. I tried to read this modernist novel several times already, but the maximum reached the third chapter. This time I want to read to the end, no matter how long it takes me.

SummerHaze

F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby - a beautiful metaphor of the illusory American Dream. I'm writing an essay about this book. I found service to write college essays for me and hep me with all my writings. These guys are pro in writing and proofreading. Great option for working students.

Last edited:

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
It's non-fiction, but I'm currently reading Can't Knock the Hustle: Inside the Season of Protest, Pandemic, and Progress with the Brooklyn Nets' Superstars of Tomorrow by Matt Sullivan. I enjoy the NBA quite a bit so the premise of this book was intriguing. Sullivan isn't a sports reporter but an investigative journalist and he went and befriended the inner group of the NBA elite. So far it's been a really compelling read.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
As usual, I'm reading multiple books at once, including more than one fiction book. At this time, the fiction books that I am focusing on are the following:
The Plague by Albert Camus - I swear, if I picked up this book without knowing the geographic and historical contexts, I might think it was written about the current real-world pandemic. It's THAT close to what's happening now, both in the literal storyline and the allegorical perspectives. Camus wrote it over half a century ago, and it's almost as if he predicted society's behavior during the covid pandemic.
August 1914 by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn - Given that the third volume of March 1917 of Solzhenitsyn's The Red Wheel series was recently published in English for the first time (and it's on my Christmas list), I thought I'd try reading the first book in his The Red Wheel series. It's great so far, as I expected it would be. This series is a blend of historical non-fiction and fiction (a personal favorite sort of writing - I have many books that use this sort of storytelling), and reading about the fictional characters experiencing these monumental real-life events adds a lot to the understanding of both the characters and the history.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Haven't read books for years after the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. After that i just lost interest in books. Most of my old Harry Potter books were in bad shape and were held together with translucent duct-tape.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
hopefully i can start reading 1984 by George Orwell. its a rather realistic story of what is trying to start in USA these days.

im reading a true documentary story on a wolf/god names Holo on how she found a traveling merchant and later marries him after many years of dangerous and complicated business deals.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just got done reading Johnny got his gun by Dalton Trumbo. Good book, but a very relevant and sad one about the horrors of war.

Madison M

Nothing, but I did buy Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour (the 6th and last volume in the series) and Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley, and I plan on reading both soon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just got done reading The Count of Monte Cristo. Pretty good book.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Ready Player One. Reading it on audio. Actually, the first time ever reading a book on audio. Good read so far!

Mirai

Began reading the Hunger Games series this weekend. Shame there's only 3 main books and 1 spin-off. Wish the series were longer.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I bought Pokemon Adventures manga set for gen 1, I don't really remember what happened to the ones I read when I was young but I was so delighted to score this on Ebay. When I get close to finishing, I'll purchase the GSC and RSE collections
I've been rereading the Warriors series.

... you know, those books for young adults about the cats in the forest that fight and stuff? I've been really attached to the series since I was eleven and now that there's a new series coming out (which, by the way, the first book of the new arc was fantastic) I figured it was a good time to start at the beginning and read them all again.
I remember reading those obsessively throughout middle school and high school then I just dropped them after graduating... ten years ago.

There's a lot of reading to catch up on(On top of re-reading to refresh my mind) so I'll probably never get back into it unless it goes to Audible or something. Could listen to it while on the road

AVTMaven

As usual, I'm reading multiple books at once, including more than one fiction book. At this time, the fiction books that I am focusing on are the following:
The Plague by Albert Camus - I swear, if I picked up this book without knowing the geographic and historical contexts, I might think it was written about the current real-world pandemic. It's THAT close to what's happening now, both in the literal storyline and the allegorical perspectives. Camus wrote it over half a century ago, and it's almost as if he predicted society's behavior during the covid pandemic.
August 1914 by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn - Given that the third volume of March 1917 of Solzhenitsyn's The Red Wheel series was recently published in English for the first time (and it's on my Christmas list), I thought I'd try reading the first book in his The Red Wheel series. It's great so far, as I expected it would be. This series is a blend of historical non-fiction and fiction (a personal favorite sort of writing - I have many books that use this sort of storytelling), and reading about the fictional characters experiencing these monumental real-life events adds a lot to the understanding of both the characters and the history.
I like the work of Solzhenitsyn. I think his work is underestimated.

urrutiap

couple of books im reading for now this start of 2023

Star Wars New Hope From a Certain Point of View
Wheel of Time Crown of Swords
Haunting of Ashburn House

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I'm currently reading Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King. It's pretty good.