1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What book (nonfiction) are you reading?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by WishIhadaManafi5, May 5, 2019.

1. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Since we have a thread for fiction book reading, why not have one for nonfiction. What nonfiction books are you guys reading?

I'm in the middle of reading Fear by Bob Woodward. Very creepy and concerning, read wise.

shoz999 likes this.
  2. oarfish

oarfish #1 Lanturn Owner

As I said in the fiction thread, I am reading many nonfiction books currently.
    They include (but certainly not limited to):
    From Eternity to Here - Sean Carroll
    Being and Nothingness - Jean-Paul Sartre
    The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays - Albert Camus
    Cicero - Anthony Meritt
    The History of Western Philosophy - Bertrand Russell
    Pragmatism and Other Writings - William James
    The Existentialist's Guide - Gary Cox
    At the Existentialist Café - Sarah Bakewell

I can keep going here, but as I have shown, I have a fondness for philosophy, physics, and history nonfiction books. I also like writing guides, math books, and psychology books. (I have over 250 books in my room, and only 10 are fiction.)

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    shoz999 and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  3. LadyTriox

LadyTriox SHE'S SO KAWAII NEEEEEEE

I'm not really into non fiction books as much anymore. But I read them all the time as a kid :p

If I do look at non fiction books now, it'll mainly be ones with nice pictures in them. Like my book about roses (i actually look at that book for the pictures a lot xD).

shoz999 likes this.
  4. Pterosaurs by Mark P. Witton.

It's a detailed book about Pterosaur evolution, anatomy, flight adaptation, supposed behavior (from the clues you can get from fossilized material) and every somewhat major group of pterosaurs described in detail.

I absolutely love reading this. Aside from dinosaurs, pterosaurs are the extinct animal group that interests me the most, but they're mostly just briefly described as a side note in books about dinosaurs. So it's really nice to finally read a detailed and quite up to date book about them.

Aside from scientific books I rarely read non fiction though.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  5. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Catching up on books over various presidents, sparked by the John Adams documentary. About to start with Jefferson. So far, I enjoyed a book surrounding the life and complicated assassination of President James Garfield. I also really enjoyed War of the Roosevelts, which reveals the drama involving this presidential family

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  6. mariopepper

mariopepper Member

Arch og=f Triumph... really good book

7. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Still in the middle of reading Fear by Bob Woodward.

I'll have to restart it, since I renewed it at the library.

Just finished reading Operation Paperclip (about a secret intelligence program that brought Nazi scientists to America) by Annie Jacobsen.

Very creepy read... and one I've learned more about history from.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019