• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What book (nonfiction) are you reading?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Since we have a thread for fiction book reading, why not have one for nonfiction. What nonfiction books are you guys reading?

I'm in the middle of reading Fear by Bob Woodward. Very creepy and concerning, read wise.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
As I said in the fiction thread, I am reading many nonfiction books currently.
They include (but certainly not limited to):
From Eternity to Here - Sean Carroll
Being and Nothingness - Jean-Paul Sartre
The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays - Albert Camus
Cicero - Anthony Meritt
The History of Western Philosophy - Bertrand Russell
Pragmatism and Other Writings - William James
The Existentialist's Guide - Gary Cox
At the Existentialist Café - Sarah Bakewell

I can keep going here, but as I have shown, I have a fondness for philosophy, physics, and history nonfiction books. I also like writing guides, math books, and psychology books. (I have over 250 books in my room, and only 10 are fiction.)

Last edited:

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I'm not really into non fiction books as much anymore. But I read them all the time as a kid :p

If I do look at non fiction books now, it'll mainly be ones with nice pictures in them. Like my book about roses (i actually look at that book for the pictures a lot xD).

Pterosaurs by Mark P. Witton.

It's a detailed book about Pterosaur evolution, anatomy, flight adaptation, supposed behavior (from the clues you can get from fossilized material) and every somewhat major group of pterosaurs described in detail.

I absolutely love reading this. Aside from dinosaurs, pterosaurs are the extinct animal group that interests me the most, but they're mostly just briefly described as a side note in books about dinosaurs. So it's really nice to finally read a detailed and quite up to date book about them.

Aside from scientific books I rarely read non fiction though.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Catching up on books over various presidents, sparked by the John Adams documentary. About to start with Jefferson. So far, I enjoyed a book surrounding the life and complicated assassination of President James Garfield. I also really enjoyed War of the Roosevelts, which reveals the drama involving this presidential family

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Still in the middle of reading Fear by Bob Woodward.

I'll have to restart it, since I renewed it at the library.

Just finished reading Operation Paperclip (about a secret intelligence program that brought Nazi scientists to America) by Annie Jacobsen.

Very creepy read... and one I've learned more about history from.

Last edited: