• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What can be done for Iris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilroy

Maybe Iris won't do anything, and just train pokemon. And yaknow, don't do anything cliched like contests. Plus, seeing as Dent's gonna be the contest d00d, so Iris won't do anything, 'specially considerin' that it's got far more of a quicker pace, then nothin' will come out of nothin'.

BlueVapor

I'm hoping she's just training to become a Gym Leader. She won't have to actually do anything. Just catch pokemon and ACTUALLY TRAIN THEM. And then by the time they reach the last city, her dad will see her progress and let her take over the gym or something.

Yeah, this is probably the best thing that could happen to her.

The only thing is, say Iris leaves at the end of Isshu then to be gym leader. But Best Wishes continues with a filler saga of some sort, somewhere. Who would the main girl be then?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah, this is probably the best thing that could happen to her.

The only thing is, say Iris leaves at the end of Isshu then to be gym leader. But Best Wishes continues with a filler saga of some sort, somewhere. Who would the main girl be then?

White, maybe?

I don't see Iris staying after Isshu.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What can the writers do about Iris and the lack of a major role for her? Why not watch the anime and find out first-hand? Seriously I mean, it's only been 2 episodes since she was formally introduced in Best Wishes. It took May at least 10 episodes for her to even decide what she wanted to do (which was Contests). I think Iris will be a similar case and her role won't truly be revealed for quite a while. We're barely at episode 3, I say, give it at least another 5 to see where they're going with her character.

TicoPokemonMaster

What can the writers do about Iris and the lack of a major role for her? Why not watch the anime and find out first-hand? Seriously I mean, it's only been 2 episodes since she was formally introduced in Best Wishes. It took May at least 10 episodes for her to even decide what she wanted to do (which was Contests). I think Iris will be a similar case and her role won't truly be revealed for quite a while. We're barely at episode 3, I say, give it at least another 5 to see where they're going with her character.

The thing is everyone in the spoilers section is DP brainwashed. Just because Dawn knew what she wanted to do doesn't mean every trainer other than Ash knows of the bat what they want to do. On top of that Dawn wanted to become a top coordinator like her mom. Had her mom not been a coordinator we would have had a clueless Dawn and an episode to her discovery of contests.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The thing is everyone in the spoilers section is DP brainwashed.

I think you've literally hit the nail on the head; everyone expects Best Wishes to be like Diamond & Pearl. First everyone thought Best Wishes was going to be like Kanto because of the pacing and characters, then because we got that Meguroko episode yesterday I heard people already complaining about Fillers and how Best Wishes would be like Johto, and now we get people who assume that, like Dawn in DP, Iris MUST know what she wants to do with her time the instant she appears. I've also seen Piplup/Mijumaru comparison threads already and people making other comparisons between Best Wishes and Diamond & Pearl. That's ridiculous. It's just way too early to tell for sure what Best Wishes will be like and even earlier still for Iris' role in this saga to come into light.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Iris seems strong and very interesting. But maybe the writers will probably figure out both hers and Dento's role when they meet up with him.

Cobalt_Latios

Exactly. Enjoy the first dozen episodes first, then begin criticizing. At least then we'll have seen at least the first gym battle (probably, at least at the pace they're going), and probably get better insight into the series.

The thing is everyone in the spoilers section is DP brainwashed.
Holy crap, we have a winner.

Just because Dawn knew what she wanted to do doesn't mean every trainer other than Ash knows of the bat what they want to do. On top of that Dawn wanted to become a top coordinator like her mom. Had her mom not been a coordinator we would have had a clueless Dawn and an episode to her discovery of contests.
Furthermore, Iris is not a trainer... per se. Instead, she's a potential gym leader (we don't know which version they plan on using for the 8th gym, but... I'll just toss her there, since it could serve as a good enough build up).

I find it odd Iris hasn't done any real battle yet...
She's not a proper trainer for one; she's not obligated to battle on the whim like Ash.

I think we're just so used to seeing the main girl battle alongside Ash for so long, that we'd forgotten how it wasn't really like that in Kanto.

I honestly do not want to bring a certain other gym leader who was introduced very early into the anime (i.e. Kanto)... she hardly did much of any battling early on. Same goes to Iris; she just seems like she's tagging along for the most part. Until a proper situation presents itself, then maybe we'll see her in action. Until then....

*reads last part of post*

Never in a million years did I honestly expect to type out anything relating to first gen, considering my "forward" approach to things.

C_L

TicoPokemonMaster

Cyber by now with you anything that is not AG or DP is disappointing to you.

pokemon fan 132

Speaking of Iris she probably wont have big as role like May or Dawn for example did but does it really matter?As long her development is being done in satisfactory way playing some role and contributintg to overall series i wont mind.
For good development large focus is not necessary.

Like others said perhaps her role wold have something to do with Dragons or with Team PLasma plot(considering she is connected withnthem in games)doing spome tasks or she could be working toward becoming gym leader.Anyway soon enough we will probably find out what her desire is.

Also people doesnt seem to realize in here how things cant be handled like they were in first season because since than writing has improved alot so when it comes to characters and pokemon etc things are being done differently nowdays.

Yeah, but this isn't Kanto anymore.

If Iris really does turn out to be Misty 2.0, I'll be really disappointed.

I could be wrong but i could swear i heard somewhere how you liked Kanto.In fact noone complained about Mistys role in Kanto and OI days with peple being content with series.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I love Iris and even if she doesn't participate in some kind of competition she'll still be fun and interesting^^...what's weird is that Kibago was just there,it doesn't have much of a personality>.>But I think it's better this way.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
She may be fun now because she's only been in 3 episodes.

Can they keep this up for over 100? Most characters start off interesting in their early eps anyway.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Iris is just going to tag along with Ash. I doubt she will be doing anything important, except for maybe battling Ash in the final gym battle.

Charmander103

"Her specialty is tree climbing, she makes good use of berries for herself, and she is a girl with very wild behavior. For some reason, she is traveling with the Dragon-type Pokemon, Kibago."

This was the information first told to us about Iris and I think they were trying to tell us she is on a mission. Based on what I know about the games I'm wondering if she knows about Team Plasma, she seemed to know about Reshiram during the first episode. I'm hoping that she has a mission to stop Team Plasma; seems a lot better way for her to spend her time than contests or gym battles.

My real question is why is Dent going to go with Ash and Iris?

I'm hoping she's just training to become a Gym Leader. She won't have to actually do anything. Just catch pokemon and ACTUALLY TRAIN THEM. And then by the time they reach the last city, her dad will see her progress and let her take over the gym or something.

^This. When May was in the show, during both good and hard times, she made contests look awesome til the end. Dawn looked as if she was going to be a good replacement but then was a letdown mid and end show.

My real question is why is Dento going to go with Ash and Iris?

Brock liked being a Gym Leader but wanted to travel with Ash because he had a dream of becoming an expert pokemon breeder. Dento's description is him being a pokemon sommelier.
sommelier; a waiter, as in a club or restaurant, who is in charge of wines.
I don't think the show is going to have this guy handing out booze to pokemon on the show. Maybe his dream that has him joining Ash is to learn while traveling to enhance his knowledge of food/drinks/potions/etc. I assume he will be cooking, cleaning, reading Ash bedtime stories. Basically he's New Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.