• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What can be done for Iris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshMayMistyHikarifan

Since they can't do contests...how is she going to battle and how will it be revealed that she is apparantely a gym leader, or maybe she's studying to be a gym leader? Any case, how/why could she be going for gym badges if not going for contests, and think unlike the 'climatic' story, Ash/Iris will be teamed up to stop 'Team Plasma is it?'
Though I can't talk about dubs, I did watch the Iris episode and I'm still laughing about how she talked. I actually liked it how she scolded Ash for throwing the Pokeball at her head like that. It almost looked as if he was trying to catch Butterfree the way they draw Iris' hair, or a Mothim even!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I doubt she's studying. In my opinion she will be just with Ash to see how's the pokemon world.

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Since they can't do contests...how is she going to battle and how will it be revealed that she is apparantely a gym leader, or maybe she's studying to be a gym leader? Any case, how/why could she be going for gym badges if not going for contests, and think unlike the 'climatic' story, Ash/Iris will be teamed up to stop 'Team Plasma is it?'
Though I can't talk about dubs, I did watch the Iris episode and I'm still laughing about how she talked. I actually liked it how she scolded Ash for throwing the Pokeball at her head like that. It almost looked as if he was trying to catch Butterfree the way they draw Iris' hair, or a Mothim even!

If you even payed attention to the episode which you obviously didnt, Ash saw the hair and used the PokeDex, revealing it was a Kibago. Ash said it sure doesnt look like a Kibago and throws the ball anyway. Iris going for gym badges? What universe did you come out of???

Sayho1234

If you even payed attention to the episode which you obviously didnt, Ash saw the hair and used the PokeDex, revealing it was a Kibago. Ash said it sure doesnt look like a Kibago and throws the ball anyway. Iris going for gym badges? What universe did you come out of???

Ouch!

10char

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
Ash may find out when they meet Dento, he must know of the gym leaders and tells Ash when he reveals he did not know.
But i dont know what she could do, like you said she could be studying to be the gym leader.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
For all you guys know Iris could be doing gyms don't say she isn't till it's confirmed.

Darkxninga

Iris is not likely to do gyms battles (going around for badges) since Ash is doing that o_o IMO. Shes said to be a GL in the games! Since nothing is confirmed, anything can happen though. Maybe she can try musicials although I'd think it'd be better if Dento were to do them instead of Iris (he looks like the musicial type, i mean...just look at his bow tie now all he needs is a black show hat!! Although I'd like to see Iris in a musicial for one time or so). Iris will be doing something ^_^, but its too early ._. to tell now kinda...

Last edited:

Ace Trainer Star

The Lazy Trainer
For all you guys know Iris could be doing gyms don't say she isn't till it's confirmed.

I actually thought she might hen she was irst announced. The two reasons I don't think that now are:
  1. she's a gym leader
  2. If we had 2 badge quests going at the same time we would need to have 2 episodes set to fighting one person, excluding rematches

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I don't think she has to "do" anything. I really would prefer for her not to do Contests... I can buy them (Ash, Iris, Dent) just being a group of battlers who are out to explore the world. If the writers are imaginative enough, they can come up with good plots for episodes without resorting to another quest.

thunderblade12

I'm hoping she's just training to become a Gym Leader. She won't have to actually do anything. Just catch pokemon and ACTUALLY TRAIN THEM. And then by the time they reach the last city, her dad will see her progress and let her take over the gym or something.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Iris doesn't need to be going after any particular goal to battle. I'd be surprised if she didn't have her first formal battle by the tenth episode even with it being more " Ash Centric ". Surely she may capture a Pokemon or two by battling them on her journey, at least, if not something more noteworthy.

They'll probably keep her involvement to just moving the Plasma Plot forward and assisting Ash whenever needed. Her 'home life' may not be covered until they actually get to her hometown as it was for previous recurring cast members ... so Ash might have finished almost the entire length of his journey before it's revealed.

She isn't.

I mean sure you can wait for the 5th Episode for 100% but ... no.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Well that's just your opinion against mine. She could be like misty and do nothing or she could do something interesting.

TicoPokemonMaster

Ash may find out when they meet Dento, he must know of the gym leaders and tells Ash when he reveals he did not know.
But i dont know what she could do, like you said she could be studying to be the gym leader.

Brock never told Ash that misty was part of a gym leader family. Sure Brock might have known but he didn't want to ruin it for Ash. Same goes for Dento he may not but opt not to tell Ash.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I think she'll be like Misty - there to give support and so-on, but other than that not actually doing much at all. I would say Musicals, but I can see Dento doing that, hopefully.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I can see Iris doing musicals and/or training to be a gym leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.