• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What can I expect from reformating my game card

blueorangecar1

Running on N2O
Well today at my friends house We were going to play with my games which are on my game card for the gamecube but what i notice it wouldent let me play.So I reformated(which told me to)So I did but it said I couldnt play it so I tried switching slots and it worked for slot b but not for a.I did it again for a but it did not work for a.Now im afraid to play with it again or I would loose my data from the games so do I just try it again or do I get a new gamecard?

BCVM22

If it was a third-party model, those are never recommended to begin with. Junk it and find yourself a Nintendo model.

If it was a Nintendo model, reformat it completely and test it with some low-importance games for a while.

Azure Flame

Well, basically, when you reformat something, you're erasing everything from it. Are you by any chance using it on the Wii?

blueorangecar1

Running on N2O
its not official gamecube one D:I got to save my data so so I think I could never save on any game again.Can I transfer the data to another one?I dont want to loose my data D:

BCVM22

You can transfer data from one card to another - the GameCube and Wii both have interfaces for managing data on a memory card - but if you reformatted the card like you said you did, anything originally on it is gone forever and can't be recovered.