1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What can WE incorporate into the games to add a spice of difference?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by freddo from sinnoh, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddo from sinnoh

freddo from sinnoh Smexy....

OK. We all want new ways to play Pokemon. We have the D/P scramble challenge, we have chaining for shinies, we have competetive battling. But what more can we do? I made this thread to come up with ideas to incorporate into the games.

we currently have:

-Competetive Battling
    -The Scramble Challenge (etc.)
    -Chaining
    -And a load of other stuff.

Discuss your ideas!

I have one. Contest battling. Basically like competetive battling but your Pokemon needs a Master Ribbon in that category (or something like that, or not at all.) and moves all in that category. You make the EV spread accordingly, and the moves, etc.

Discuss ideas.

2. Concept

Concept Führer of Fun

A few ideas. Credit given where someone else came up with the idea. I'm currently doing gym challenger, it's surprisingly tricky. Another thing I recommend is going into options and changing the battle mode from "shift" to "set". What this does is makes the game no longer give you the option off a free switch when you faint an opponents pokemon; if you want to switch, you gotta switch into your opponents free attack the same as the AI has to. Certainly increases the challenge factor for casual players such as myself, as it deprives you of a rather unfair advantage over the AI, although I'd imagine competitive players are used to it.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  3. freddo from sinnoh

I have seen those, but I want to stray away from 'Challenger runs' for now.

4. WynautQueen

WynautQueen Pokemon Caretaker

Wow, some of these are really interesting. Hardcore mode is scary. o_O Plus, I get too attached to my Pokemon.

I've been meaning to try a speed run sometime though.

5. brandyjay

brandyjay GET IN THE BAG

Not as bad as the limited items would be to only use items you find on the ground. wouldn't be as hard though.

6. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal have a drink on me

Never use a pokemon Center to heal a pokemon. Can only use Berrys and items found on the ground.
    Can not use more than 2 pokemon, unless for HM Slave use.
    Cannot run away from wild pokemon.
    You must battle every trainer you come across.

Some i thought up of.

7. Victreebong

Victreebong Gives 'em the slip..

Now that is insane. Especially no Pokemon Centers, you'd be doing a lot of reseting to avoid sporadic critical hits. Not to mention there's not THAT many potions on the ground, so Pick up should be the first priority. What about PP...?

8. Concept

Concept Führer of Fun

PP is indeed the main issue with a no pokemon centre run. It's been discussed at length, and it's pretty much impossible after a while. It'd be interesting to see how far you could get though.

9. Mankanshoku Mako

Mankanshoku Mako Well-Known Member

Hardcore mode is just stupid.

"Oh no! My shiny level 100 perfectly EVd adamant garchomp fainted! Oh well, I guess I'll have to realese it."

10. Concept

Concept Führer of Fun

Firstly; no-one's forcing you to do it. Secondly; if you have a level 100 perfectly EV'd adamant Garchomp on a playthrough of the game, you have way too much time on your hands. Those challenges were designed for brand new playthroughs of the game, from the beginning; not the game where you keep all your competitive team and whatnot. Obviously you'd trade any pokemon you wanted to keep before restarting for the challenge. And if you then traded your competitive team back to play through the game from the beginning, then there's really no point in doing a challenge for it anyway.

11. Zimiii

Zimiii Keep going, Jack \o/

My idea: Shiny battling. Like your contest battling, but all pokemon have to be shinies. These battles would have less perfect IV/Nature pokemon.

12. Biodragon

Biodragon Well-Known Member

One idea would be to use the first 6 pokemon you catch for the entire game. You can't use any other pokemon so make sure to choose one's that can learn the HM's.

The other idea I once tried is to go thru the game using your starter, a flyer, and the 4 other pokemon chosen either at random, or pokemon that are version exclusive. I remember doing something like this once in red, had my starter, jigglepuff, clefairy, bellsprout, Butterfree and beedrill. I think that was it anyway. So yeah maybe not using a flyer the entire game for an added challenge.

13. freddo from sinnoh

There's that, but on my main forum many people use Pokesav, so you could still do it.

14. emeraldellie

emeraldellie Δ Staff Member Admin

Moved to My DP Games.

15. 11wildy

11wildy Meep

What about you only learn pokemon moves they learn by leveling up? When not using TM's, breeding or tutors you are highly limited. Combine that with a monotype run and it'll become a really hard challenge.

16. Calm PokeMaster

Calm PokeMaster Well-Known Member

Surf races?

I know,its pretty dumb but I think it would go far on the DS system.

17. Beotium

Beotium Mew-Overlord

It's a short challenge but how about getting as fast max money as possible?
    Beat all trainers
    Sell all you items
    no trade of course
    no underground
    no Pickup-ability
    Who's the fastest?

18. icedarkwatertype

icedarkwatertype mwahahahahahahahaha

no ruling the world today I guess

use only a certain gender orno raising them above a certain level like 30. combine the level thing with any challenge, and lo and behold, a challenge worth striving to beat.and if you raise a pokemon above the level, you HAVE to release all pokemon in your party! so whaddya think? ^_^

19. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

Randomly changing forests and caves... or trainer teams.

20. Ammako

Ammako Well-Known Member

Go to any PC in the game, deposit your Pokémon in the box, take it back and voilà. :)

RNG.

No Vs. Seeker either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.