• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Cards do You think Will be Banned? (YGO)

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
As the topic asks, what cards do you think will be banned in Advanced tournament play in upcoming releases from the card game? Personally, I think Satellite Cannon (if they get around to releasing it) will be banned for it's effect.

Satellite Cannon can't be destroyed by monsters that have 7 or less stars in their power level, you have to pay LP in order for it to attack, and it's ATK is practically limitless since the ammount of LP you pay becomes it's ATK.

NEO GOHAN

OVER NINE THOUSAAAND
in NT for the DS, its ATK was 1000 times the number of standby phases you've had, and it resets after each attack. yeah it's broke, but it is hard to play, and it's just asking for a high level monster to kill it...

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
NEO GOHAN said:
in NT for the DS, its ATK was 1000 times the number of standby phases you've had, and it resets after each attack. yeah it's broke, but it is hard to play, and it's just asking for a high level monster to kill it...
Ok, so I was wrong in part of its effect, but it might end up getting banned or at least restricted if it were released.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Nope It's Level 5 and just doesn't work. Smashing Ground anyone?

FireKero!

SWABLR
Sixth Sense
Choose two numbers from 1 to 6. The opponent rolls the dice once. If the result is any one of the numbers choosen, draw that amount of cards from your deck. If not, place the same amount of cards as the result from the top of your deck into the graveyard.

This card was allowed play in Japan for only one day. The next day, it was banned. With so many different play styles, can anyone say broken?

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
But it sounds like that card is nothing but a game of chance. Still, it is a bad card that would probably end up getting restricted to one-per-deck here in the States.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Satillite Cannon will NEVER be restricted, due to it's little playability.

However, I'm still saying that Smashing Grounds, Wodespread Ruin, and Sak deserve their day in the restricted zone. I mean, in this format, it's pretty broken.

Sixth Sense= awesome draw power or mad deck-thinning. Which do you prefer?

Neji Hyuuga

Airceus + Groudon
Sak?! As in, Sakuretsu Armor? If they're bringing back its dad, why BAN it (Mirror Force)? I think if Sakuretsu Armor is Restricted to 2 and Mirror Force is Re-Banned, then we have a solution.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
xXDragonXx said:
Sak?! As in, Sakuretsu Armor? If they're bringing back its dad, why BAN it (Mirror Force)? I think if Sakuretsu Armor is Restricted to 2 and Mirror Force is Re-Banned, then we have a solution.
Well, actually, I'd say ban Mirror Force and bring Sak to 1. All I really meant was to have Smashing, Widespread, and Sak be brought to 1 per deck. It would really help the meta here.

FireKero!

SWABLR
Aquadon said:
Well, actually, I'd say ban Mirror Force and bring Sak to 1. All I really meant was to have Smashing, Widespread, and Sak be brought to 1 per deck. It would really help the meta here.

The heck? Sakeratsu doesn't need to be restricted. The same with Smash.

If smash goes down, then Fissure will take it's place, along with Back To Square One, and Hammer Shot. Barely anyone use's Widespread, because of it's cost ($$). Smash isn't even that great. Sakeratsu can be ran over by anything and everything. And for some odd reason, things don't stay dead in our formats.

No reason to restrict 'em. But with Force back, that's just loney!

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
Ok, but I'm asking what cards that are currently in Japan that have not been released here in the states yet.

Skrusti

WaterTrainer243 said:
Ok, but I'm asking what cards that are currently in Japan that have not been released here in the states yet.

Alot. Like. ALOT. :/ Trying to list them would be pointless because

A) You probably won't understand what they are

B) There's a whole damn lot to list

C) You can go Google it.

As to the guy who said Sakuretsu can be run over by anything and everything...

The 1600 ATK monsters that don't allow your opponent to activate a trap during the battle phase. 'Nuff said in agreement. :p

then Fissure will take it's place

...wha? o0 Fissure destroys the LOWEST ATK monster, whilst Smashing Ground destroys the lowest DEF monster, IIRC. Why would Fissure take Smashing Ground's place?

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Skrutsi said:
...wha? o0 Fissure destroys the LOWEST ATK monster, whilst Smashing Ground destroys the lowest DEF monster, IIRC. Why would Fissure take Smashing Ground's place?
1. Smashing is highest DEF.

2. Fissure is still one for one removal no matter how you look at it.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
WaterTrainer243 said:
You mean that will be banned when they hit here? WEll, Sixth Sense and Victory Dragon, seein ghow they are the only cards we don't have here that's on the Ban List there.

People, remember that we have the same Ban List as Japan. WE can see the OCG cards that will get the Ban/ Restriction here.

FireKero!

SWABLR
Skrutsi said:
The 1600 ATK monsters that don't allow your opponent to activate a trap during the battle phase. 'Nuff said in agreement. :p

Um...what are u saying quite? Those are great cards, highly underrated, but they're not common cause of all the 1-for-1 cards out there. And what u said doesn't apply to my post, really.

Example:

Your opponent has a Mobius and Sacred Phoenix on the field. You play Smashing Ground, and Kill Phoenix. It's coming back with a vengence soon, and damn, ain't it gonna hurt.

Now, let's say you plau Fissre instead. Since your opponent has two monsters with 2400 ATK, you get the choice to kill what you want. Mobius would be the obvious choice, unless you have some set up ready.

So, now you understand why Smash will never go on the list? And even if it did, fissure is around to pick up the slack.

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
^Firekero's right. Besides, if you had an even weaker monster face-up on the field than fissure's effect would target it instead. As for those common cards that 'negate' traps as you so put it aren't as good as they appear. In order for them to even have their effects working the owner of the card has to normal summon them successfully. There are plenty of trap, monster, and spell effects that can easily destroy those cards or prevent the card owner to even summon it.

FireKero!

SWABLR
WaterTrainer243 said:
^Firekero's right. Besides, if you had an even weaker monster face-up on the field than fissure's effect would target it instead. As for those common cards that 'negate' traps as you so put it aren't as good as they appear. In order for them to even have their effects working the owner of the card has to normal summon them successfully. There are plenty of trap, monster, and spell effects that can easily destroy those cards or prevent the card owner to even summon it.

Book Of Moon, BTH, Trap Hole, Exiled Force, D.D Warrior Lady, hell, even Royal Decree stops 'em. The list goes on.