• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What career do you want to have.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
So as of right now what do you want to do when you "grow up" what career or job do you want to do. If you have one already what is it. I want to open up my own store and sell t-shirts and other clothing with my artwork printed on it.
I graduated from college with a bachelors in Media Arts & Animation, but that career is going no where so I'm leaning towards Graphic Design stuff.

Last edited:

No. 1 Machop Fan

I'm considering either animation or game programming. At the moment I'm doing a course for the former.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Isn't this what the Misc. Polls are for?

Well, given my major in Electrical Engineering, something along the lines of that. Honestly though, if I'm doing serious Math work in a job, no matter what it is, I'll be happy.

I'm a culinary student, but I sort of want to get into some kind of local environmental work with lakes and wetlands. It's sort of a toss-up between what I know I can do well and where I have a better shot at getting a job, and what I've been passionate about since childhood.

natie

Mr. F
IT. I have already taught myself some programming languages, like Python, TI-Basic, Java and C++.

GreenDay4ever

bye!, i had a blast
I want to be a medic or an engineer... and then maybe later ill be a heavy!

but in a more serious matter, probably like a geneticist since that is very interesting and stuff...

Mealou

Banned
I wanted to be a graphic designer a couple years ago but then I thought realistically about it and realized that I couldn't possibly earn enough money by being one, especially since the field is overcrowded. I then realized that another easy job would be being a high school/middle school history teacher. So that's what I'll probably attempt to become, with graphic designing be a side job or even just a hobby.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
A career that lets me sleep around and do nothing.

Like, say, a forum admin.

Zing!

Just kidding. I'd be fine with a job as a butler I guess.

The vocational test told me that I should become a computer programmer, but I said fuck it, I wanna be a medic.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
"Something with computers, because I'm a nerd which means I'm naturally going to be awesome at computer-related work...right?" count: 3.

The career I want to have is "heiress to a rich multinational corporate empire." Or possibly "previously forgotten relation to a now-dead rich man who put me in his will." Once I have acquired heaping gobs of money, I will change careers to "the world's richest pizza delivery lady." (look man, would you turn down a job whose benefits included free pizza? Didn't think so)

The career I'm actually aiming for is "clinical lab scientist? medical research? I dunno. At least I'll have a job(and one that I'll give a damn about, to boot) since it's healthcare."

Ethan

Banned
I'm not sure. So far the plan is to major in history, but I'm not sure I can get a decent paying job with that field. Unless I planned on being a history professor teaching at a university. In order for that to happen I'd have to bite the bullet and stay in school for ages to receive my doctorate. People will tell you that it's only your passion that should count when it comes to looking for a career, but realistically that's just not feasible. I'm very interested in theology and cultural anthropology, but once again finding a job in those particular fields (Specifically a job that's well paying enough in order for you to live comfortably) is rather low.

It seems as though all the careers that I would seem to have a passion for are in low demand, or the jobs in place wouldn't offer the kind of living standard that I would want. Being realistic also changes the way you view your career approach. An example would be that I wanted to be a paleontologist at one point in my life. I thought dinosaurs and old bones were fascinating, and I still do. Then I thought to myself "Wait..." It's like in the discovery channel where they discover something fascinating every excursion. Often, you're out in the middle of the desert for ten or eleven hours plus, with a pick digging and you don't even know whether you'll find something.

Other careers that I think I would love to do, I don't think I have the kind of material or character type to perform. I've always had a very strong sense of justice, and being a detective or federal prosecutor would be a great way to make a difference in the world, and get payed for it to boot. But then...law school...sixty hour work week...bringing your work home... With every career choice I ponder there's always that wrench that manages to throw itself in that somewhat turns off of that particular path. Either way, I'm sure I'll be able to figure out something.

kochoupink

butts lol
"Something with computers, because I'm a nerd which means I'm naturally going to be awesome at computer-related work...right?" count: 3.

The career I want to have is "heiress to a rich multinational corporate empire." Or possibly "previously forgotten relation to a now-dead rich man who put me in his will." Once I have acquired heaping gobs of money, I will change careers to "the world's richest pizza delivery lady." (look man, would you turn down a job whose benefits included free pizza? Didn't think so)

The career I'm actually aiming for is "clinical lab scientist? medical research? I dunno. At least I'll have a job(and one that I'll give a damn about, to boot) since it's healthcare."

You're a girl? This changes so much.

I'm gon' be a gee-ah-low-gist and chase rocks for the rest of my life until I retire to a life of quiet professordom. Happy happy.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I want to be a doctor, and have wanted to be a doctor since I was four. I've been studying a little medicine here and there since third grade, and I'm now well on my way, what with college and all.

Hooray for Emergency Medicine!

When I retire, though, I'd like to open my own guitar and record store. I'd (If the arthritis didn't spread to my hands) make left handed guitars myself and sell them in there, since there is such a dearth of lefty guitars. (And the ones you can find are higher than hell) (Of course, I wouldn't just sell my southpaw guitars in there, I'd also sell other guitars.)

~Nemmeh ;107;

Profesco

gone gently
I'm gon' be a gee-ah-low-gist and chase rocks for the rest of my life until I retire to a life of quiet professordom. Happy happy.

Huh, similar here. I'm going to be a psychologist and chase repressed Oedipal urges for the rest of my life, while professing a bit on the side.