• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What city or town would you live in?

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Harsh? Is that what I said sounded like. Nope. I was thinking more of it could get boring after a while. On a side note, what do you think of that lake view! Is it beautiful! Or is it beautiful!

Y5mGXhq.png

I don't know about you but I can see myself walking to the Lake Acuity and just paint or sketch the winter frozen landscape.

This part here makes it sound like you're saying it wouldn't be hospitable;

The actual Snowpoint city in the games is nothing like the Christmas-like one in the anime. It's not a fairy-esque city but an ancient cold port city sitting in-between the oceans, the lakes and the almost white snowy hills.

Are you a painter? Send me some of your work, I wanna see.

Maylene, Dawn and Candice have some serious bravery to bare some skin in all that snow. :eek:

I always thought Candice's outfit was super weird... Why is a summer uniformed school girl the gym leader for a snow town???

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This part here makes it sound like you're saying it wouldn't be hospitable;

Are you a painter? Send me some of your work, I wanna see.

I always thought Candice's outfit was super weird... Why is a summer uniformed school girl the gym leader for a snow town???
I don't know about harsh but it really is an ancient cold port city that's nothing like it's Scandinavian-esque counterpart. Snowpoint City always had this stony, concrete, construction-feel to it in the middle of an ocean of snow. As for painting, I don't really do that anymore. Seeing pretty pictures like Pokemon Adventures own artwork makes me wonder if I should go back but I haven't done that in a long while. The last artistic thing I've ever done was some graphite drawing two years ago I believe. Also I thought the same thing about Candice's outfit. It was kind of weird. The color-tones fit the ice-theme but her choice of clothing doesn't.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I don't know about harsh but it really is an ancient cold port city that's nothing like it's Scandinavian-esque counterpart. Snowpoint City always had this stony, concrete, construction-feel to it in the middle of an ocean of snow. As for painting, I don't really do that anymore. Seeing pretty pictures like Pokemon Adventures own artwork makes me wonder if I should go back but I haven't done that in a long while. The last artistic thing I've ever done was some graphite drawing two years ago I believe. Also I thought the same thing about Candice's outfit. It was kind of weird. The color-tones fit the ice-theme but her choice of clothing doesn't.

Snowpoint is pretty accurate to it's Hokkaido roots honestly. I never went that far north while living in Japan but from pictures I've seen it fits the aesthetic perfectly.

Send me your older stuff. I'm an artist myself so I love looking at other people's art.

Candice's outfit is actually pretty similar to Wulfric's weirdly enough.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Snowpoint is pretty accurate to it's Hokkaido roots honestly. I never went that far north while living in Japan but from pictures I've seen it fits the aesthetic perfectly.

Send me your older stuff. I'm an artist myself so I love looking at other people's art.

Candice's outfit is actually pretty similar to Wulfric's weirdly enough.
According to Kusaka, the writer of Pokemon Adventures, he found the country-atmosphere of Hokkaido to be beautiful during his research. Also I think Wulfric wears his jacket like a cape though. As for my older pieces of art, I have no idea where they are. Their pretty average actually so it's not that of a biggie.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

Maybe the developers didn’t want to conform to stereotypes of Ice-type trainers? That’s why Candice is cheery and outgoing rather than cold (pun!) and aloof.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
41d.jpg

I wonder what the Let's Go take on Ecruteak City would look like?

I'm not really sure if Johto will be getting another remake for a while, as HG/SS are still pretty recent (despite coming out in 2010). FR/LG came out in 2004, so Kanto would be getting a remake sooner or later.

When you think about it, Kanto has appeared in more main-series games than any other region, including remakes and the Gen 2 games. Kalos has appeared the least times, with only two appearances (X and Y).

So here's all the regions by frequency of appearance in the main series (including third versions):

• Kanto - 13 (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Gold, Silver, Crystal, FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Let's Go Pikachu, Let's Go Eevee)
  • Johto - Five (G, S, C, HG, SS)
  • Hoenn - Five (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire)
  • Sinnoh - Three (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum)
  • Unova - Four (Black, White, Black 2, White 2)
  • Kalos - Two (X and Y)
  • Alola - Four (Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon)

Last edited:
Kanto:
• Celadon City: I frequently visit this city just because to restock on various items!

Johto:
• Goldenrod City: That city is freaking huge! I guess that’s why it makes it so adventurous to explore because you can end up anywhere, haha.

•Olivine City: The vibe there is pretty peaceful. Maybe because one day I would love to live by the sea...

Hoenn:
• Verdanturf Town: It’s so small and so many flowers! I like the fact they mention that the town have clean air, so that would definitely would be good benefit for me since I have Asthma.

•Lilycove City: Shopping Department Store, Pokémon Contest Hall... West of the Lilycove there’s a Safari Zone... Did I mention I love Mt. Pyre?! Ghost pokémon are the best! So i’m like (somewhat) close to it.

Sinnoh:
•Floaroma Town: Flowers, flowers, flowers!

Unova:
•Undella Town: It definitely feels like home to me!

Peter Harrison

I would choose Ecruteak City. Great designs and would likely have some interesting structures.

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
Kanto:
Honestly probably Pewter? It has a museum, which is pretty cool. And if I wanted to go to a forest to hike for an afternoon, I could go down one route to Viridian Forest and if for some weird reason I wanted to hang out in a cave, I could head down another route to Mt. Moon.

Johto:
Olivine is pretty, being by the ocean and having the lighthouse. Ecruteak is also gorgeous with its fall colors.

Hoenn:
Fortree cuz it's awesome or Lilycove because ocean.

Sinnoh:
Hearthome cuz I like how quaint it feels or Sunyshore because I may or may not have a crush on Volkner lol.

I don't remember Unova enough to pick ^^;

Kalos:
Laverre City because I love the fall foliage here too.

Alola:
Probably Hao'oli City so I could be around civilization but also go visit some Rockruffs at Ten Carat Hill easily :3

Orphalesion

Hoenn actually has a lot of nice places: Verdanturf seems quiet and nice and probably has a lot of nice greenery, Fortree is jsut cool with the houses in the giant trees, Sootopolis is beautiful and Pacifiidlog is similar to Fortree in the coolness factor.
In Kalos they neglected to adapt my favorite part of France so....nowhere!

In Alola i'd say Iki Town or Seafolk village. Man, looking at the towns again, for being based on a tropical island, the towns and cities are kinda bland...

Xuxuba

images
Laverre city. The aesthetic is beautiful. The climate doesn't seem too hot, but it doesn't seem too cold either. The city is quite in tune with nature. The houses seem quite cozy and the residents are very nice. It's quite near the Pokéball Factory, which means it probably wouldn't be that hard to find a job there.

Most importantly, it's also quite near Lumiose city so i could always just visit there whenever i felt bored of the small city life style.

Last edited:

NeedsAName

I've only played through Alpha Sapphire and Ultra Moon, so I really only know the towns and cities of Hoenn and Alola. My picks would be...

Hoenn: Mauville City. Big, lots of apartments on the second level, and with plenty of things to do. It also connects to several routes, with a bike path really close by.

Alola: Malie City. No doubt about that one. A very large park/garden and a library. It also is on the coast so that's a nice plus. Only problem is a lack of nearby trials, but that's not necessary.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
....masara town in the Pokemon anime/origin is kinda biggest town fit the town like how most Canadian small town been in Canada (my home land).....

TwilightBlade

My favourite region is Hoenn because the environments there are similar to where I live in real life. I would live in either Slateport City or Lilycove City because I like seaside places. Also Pacifidlog Town would probably be a cool place to reside in too.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I wanna live in shalour city so i can be around my lovely korrina.

Nuff said <3

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I would live in accumula town because it’s near my favorite route in unova and is near the proffesors lab