• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What city or town would you live in?

Janna

stay sweet
tumblr_ob8whq1bng1u3e4cro1_r1_400.gif

The Pokémon world is made up of many regions, each with their own unique cities and towns! Which one would you live in and why?

CapybaraMage

Novice Shiny Hunter
Verdanturf in Hoenn. It’s just so cute and cozy. The air is really clean and the plants look so green. It’s always been a soothing area to me. Plus there’s a Contest Hall so that could make for some interesting free time. Fortree is another cool place I’d like to live, if anything to just have an actual house in a tree.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I’d probably live somewhere on the coast, like Sunnyshore City, Undella Town, Lilycove City or Hau’oli City. I’ve always wanted to live next to an actual beach, so in the summertime I can always run down to the sea. Plus Lilycove and Hau’oli have shopping malls, so when I’ve been having loads of fun on the beach, I can let myself go with some retail therapy. :D

Nimbasa City could also be a cool place to live in, because of all the stadiums (stadia?), theatres and of course, the amusement park. Maybe I could even catch a glimpse of Elesa while riding on the Ferris wheel? ;)

Last edited:

Yureishi

The strong love I have towards Johto makes me say Goldenrod City, the place where Normal-type Pokémon are pretty much worshipped. I've always found that city to be peaceful, elegant yet at the same time complete plus, my favourite character (Whitney the gym leader) is there... Pretty close to the city there also can be found Ilex Forest, another location I really like so, yeah, Goldenrod City is my definitive answer.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
That's a really hard question actually. I'm honestly kind of lost on this question. There's so many good locations to choose from, really makes the idea that ever-lasting peace and happiness ain't as boring as people make it sound it to be. I guess, and I could change my opinion later, I would choose either Nimbasa City because of the amount of entertainment there or probably Lumiose City.

Cat's Eye Draco

Kanto: Probably Cerulean (mostly for Cerulean Cape, to be honest).

Johto: Ecruteak. I've always liked the history of the place, and the Burned Tower, Bell Tower, and Dance Theater are some of my favorite locations.

Hoenn: Fortree. I'd get to live in a treehouse. 'Nuff said.

Sinnoh: Snowpoint. I like the isolation and the constant snow (though I'd probably vacation in Sunyshore from time to time to get away from those things). xD

Unova: Aspertia. I like its lookout and a lot of the surrounding area.

Kalos: Probably Couriway, as I like its waterfalls and smaller size, but Snowbelle and Laverre would be definite possibilities, too.

Alola: As much as I like Poni Island, I would probably live in Malie City. I like its design and most of Ula'ula's locations. Paniola Town would be cool, too.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Going to use @Cat's Eye Draco format as I couldn’t choose just one:

Kanto: Celadon (mainly for its Department Store) or Saffron (mainly for Silph Co). Maybe even Cinnabar because I love volcanoes

Johto: Not really a fan of Johto’s landmarks but I’d probably choose Goldenrod (similar reasoning to Celadon) or Mahogany Town (pretty simplistic without feeling too dreadful.

Hoenn: Mauville (tho ORAS’s version. I like the apartment complex/mall aesthetic) or Lilycove (guess why)

Sinnoh: This is the hard one. You could put me in any town and I’d be satisfied. My favorites are probably Canalave (I like the library, the inn’s connection to Darkrai, Gym, the ports), Veilstone (Departmemt store, Game Corner, Galactic bade, Gym), or Sunnyshore (the futuristic vibe and my favorite Gym Leader lives here. It’s also close to the Pokèmon League)

Unova: Aspertia City (nice feel of serenity), Virbank City (I like the industrial feel), Castelia (I live in NYC: I’d feel right at home), Nimbasa (so many attractions), Driftveil (the market and PWT), Opelucid (Black version I like the futuristic vibe similar to Sunnyshore)

Kalos: Lumiose City (I wouldn’t get bored), Cyllage City (small city by the ocean with biking ramps), Shalour (mainly for the Tower of Mastery), Coumarine (I like monorails), Anistar (the sundial), Snowbelle (nice and quiet plus it’s next to the Pokèmon Village), and Kiloude City (seems like a nice tourist spot)

Alola: Hau’oli City (the mall mainly), Iki Town (feels like a nice small yet close community that has fun with their culture), and Paniola Town (I like how comfy rural areas feel)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Kanto: Pretty dull place, but I'd probably choose Celdaon City for its department store, and it's close proximity to Saffron City which has the Poke Shinkansen. Fuchisia City doesn't sound too bad either.

Johto: Goldenrod City, again for its department store and direct connection to Saffron City. Olivine City sounds nice and calm too, being near the sea.

Hoenn: I really like this region. Verdanturf Town sounds great, with its clean air and environment. It's next to Mauville City anyway, so all my entertainment and shopping needs would be fulfilled. Lilycove City is another consideration, with its department store and overall nice feeling. It also has a harbour.

Sinnoh: Another region I really love. Veilstone catches my attention, with its department store again, and being the headquarters of a bunch of loonies. Sunnyshore is a great city too. Love the futuristic vibe and all the solar panels. Canalave City sounds decent too, with its library, and direct ferry to Iron Island.

Unova: My favorite region yet. I wouldn't mind almost anymore. Aspertia City is beautiful, with its own gym and nice friendly vibe. Castelia City is a massive metropolis, and I'll have everything taken care off. It's also pretty near to Nimbasa, which I can visit for entertainment.

Kalos: A pretty underrated region. Lumiose City is definitely first choice. It might take me ages to memorize where I am, but I'll never get bored, and I'll get everything I need. Dendemille Town sounds nice too.

Alola: My least favorite region by far, so I'd rather not live here at all. But if I really had to choose, it'll have to be Malie City. It's got its own garden, and I like the Johto vibes from this city.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Kanto: Celedon City

Johto: Ecruteak City and Olivine City.

Hoenn: Slateport City & Maulville City.

Sinnoh: Veilstone City, Sunyshore City, and the place near Stark Mountain

Unova: Aspertia City, Castelia City, Nimbasa City, Driftveil City, Opelucid City, Virbank City, and Humilau City.

Kalos: Cyllage City, Courmarine City, and Anistar City.

Alola: Hau’Oli City, Heahea City, Konikoni City, Malie City, Seafolk Village (especially since it’s near one of the biggest non-city locations in Pokemon history!), Ultra Jungle, Ultra Desert, Ultra Forest, and the ULTRA RUINS!

(I’m aware the last four aren’t cities/a destroyed world but ffs they’re amazing)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I say Sootopolis, since I love its backstory and secluded location.

Isn’t Sootopolis kind of based on Greek island towns because of its architecture and overall looks?

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
(Does the music play in the background as you live there lol?)

Hearthome City seems cosy and charming

Undella Town seems a really peaceful place to settle down after a long journey (plus I get to go treasure hunting I think?)

Laverre city gives off a magical vibe (and the anime made it look quite traditional too)

Lumiose and Nimbasa are the 2 big bustling cities I like as there would be a lot of things to do + lots of things to eat (Goldenrod is a good shout too since I'd get flit between 2 regions easily + there's a lovely park nearby)

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I used to be really obsessed with Lilycove as a kid and would spend a lot of time there for some reason. These days it would probably be Floraroma, Snowpoint, Canalave or Castelia.

- Floraroma is just so cute and pretty with flowers everywhere.
- I'm very much a winter person so Snowpoint is kinda a no-brainer. Also rad ruins just up the back? yes please.
- Canalave weirdly enough reminds me of my grandma's old house so it has an homely feel to me. It doesn't really have much in common apart from having the ocean and a bridge that separates but it still hits me with the nostalgia.
- I'm a city boy at heart despite growing up in the country so a huge metropolis like Castelia is the kinda place I love.

I'd say Castelia tops the list despite my... Not-so-fond outlook on Unova just because I love it's appearance.

shoz999

I used to be really obsessed with Lilycove as a kid and would spend a lot of time there for some reason. These days it would probably be Floraroma, Snowpoint, Canalave or Castelia.

- Floraroma is just so cute and pretty with flowers everywhere.
- I'm very much a winter person so Snowpoint is kinda a no-brainer. Also rad ruins just up the back? yes please.
- Canalave weirdly enough reminds me of my grandma's old house so it has an homely feel to me. It doesn't really have much in common apart from having the ocean and a bridge that separates but it still hits me with the nostalgia.
- I'm a city boy at heart despite growing up in the country so a huge metropolis like Castelia is the kinda place I love.

I'd say Castelia tops the list despite my... Not-so-fond outlook on Unova just because I love it's appearance.

5xpFjQg.png

Snowpoint City? A land of isolation and ice, the northernmost point of Sinnoh. The actual Snowpoint city in the games is nothing like the Christmas-like one in the anime. It's not a fairy-esque city but an ancient cold port city sitting in-between the oceans, the lakes and the almost white snowy hills. Would be perfect for a painter though I'd imagine. Although personally I'm a winter person myself too. I freaking love snow but there's not really much to do in Snowpoint City compared to elsewhere. Although there is one interesting activity in the Pokemon Adventures manga lol. Training in the snow without any winter clothes. In Snowpoint City, you don't train with the snow, the snow trains you!

You also gotta ask yourself. The image to the left. Is that perhaps the frozen lake of Lake Acuity... or is it two panels where the characters are seeing off the distance and looking at the snowy white landscape.

Last edited:

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
5xpFjQg.png

Snowpoint City? A land of isolation and ice, the northernmost point of Sinnoh. The actual Snowpoint city in the games is nothing like the Christmas-like one in the anime. It's not a fairy-esque city but an ancient cold port city sitting in-between the oceans, the lakes and the almost white snowy hills. Would be perfect for a painter though I'd imagine. Although personally I'm a winter person myself too. I freaking love snow but there's not really much to do in Snowpoint City compared to elsewhere. Although there is one interesting activity in the Pokemon Adventures manga lol. Training in the snow without any winter clothes. In Snowpoint City, you don't train with the snow, the snow trains you!

You also gotta ask yourself. The image to the left. Is that perhaps the frozen lake of Lake Acuity... or is it two panels where the characters are seeing off the distance and looking at the snowy white landscape.

You do realize the description for the ingame Snowpoint is "A winter wonderland of a city where stout trees and buildings are blanketed in thick snow."? Like it is isolated and cold but it's hardly as harsh as you're making it out to be. There's literally nothing to do where I live now so there wouldn't be any worse. Only difference is I don't need to worry about summer.

shoz999

You do realize the description for the ingame Snowpoint is "A winter wonderland of a city where stout trees and buildings are blanketed in thick snow."? Like it is isolated and cold but it's hardly as harsh as you're making it out to be. There's literally nothing to do where I live now so there wouldn't be any worse. Only difference is I don't need to worry about summer.
Harsh? Is that what I said sounded like. Nope. I was thinking more of it could get boring after a while. On a side note, what do you think of that lake view! Is it beautiful! Or is it beautiful!

Y5mGXhq.png

I don't know about you but I can see myself walking to the Lake Acuity and just paint or sketch the winter frozen landscape.

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Undella Town seems a really peaceful place to settle down after a long journey (plus I get to go treasure hunting I think?)

Yeah, at the Ancient Ruins. :)

Harsh? Is that what I said sounded like. Nope. I was thinking more of it could get boring after a while. On a side note, what do you think of that lake view! Is it beautiful! Or is it beautiful!

Y5mGXhq.png

I don't know about you but I can see myself walking to the Lake Acuity and just paint or sketch the winter frozen landscape.

Maylene, Dawn and Candice have some serious bravery to bare some skin in all that snow. :eek:

Zero1999

Kanto: Most likely Vermilion City, there's the sea and the theme song of the city is so calm (hear the HGSS version).

Johto:Blackthorn City has an interesting theme going there, there's the Dragon's Den which catches my attention.

Hoenn: It's hard choosing but i'm between Slateport due to the Marine Museum alongside the cheerful music or Verdnturf due to how calm it is.

Sinnoh: Snowpoint City, who doesn't like snow?

Unova: Undella Town has lots of meaning to me, the sound of the waves crashing is so nice hearing.

Alola: Ula'Ula island, have no idea which city would choose but i remember that island took me a lot of interest, especially that black-sand beach