• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What console(s) did you grow up with?

What console(s) did you grow up with?

• Nintendo (Entertainment system, Super, 64, Gamecube, Wii)

Votes: 37 80.4%
  • SEGA

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Playstation (1, 2, 3)

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Xbox (/360)

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Sorry if I have not posted this in the correct forum, or if another thread already exists.

But I'm eager to discuss, what platform everybody had in their childhood.

For example, I'm 18 years old, and when I was around 4 or 5 my parents bought a Nintendo 64 for Christmas, my first games were Diddy Kong Racing and Bomberman 64. Then we expanded from there with other games like Banjo Kazooie, Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Pokemon Snap, Super Mario 64 and Banjo Tooie. Not long after that we got given Pokemon Stadium and Super Smash Bros from my brother's friend who sold his N64 for a PS2. Then we got an Xbox for Christmas, I think sometime between 2002-2004, and our favorite game was then Halo/2.

2 years ago, I made a "mistake" by choosing to buy a Wii. It was awesome for the first few weeks because I had Brawl, then I bought Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Party 8. I haven't bought a Wii game since, I regret buying it, but I enjoy playing Brawl, Mario Kart and Galaxy when I can, but I would still prefer to have an Xbox 360 like all my friends have.

Well enough about me.

Discuss?

Slick

Banned
Dreamcast.

Was my first true love.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
NES, SNES, GB pocket, PS2. those were the gamesystems i frequently played when i was younger. i had acces to more but they were mostly one time used while being at visits and stuff.

Zazie

So 1991
Super Nintendo, bought it in 1999 last year of production. I was 9 at the time (I started playing video games much older than most people). Me and my younger brother had some money saved up and decided to buy a console, it was between SNES and Genesis because they were much cheaper than N64/PSX. I wanted both but my mom said I could only get one so I picked SNES. Best decision I ever made, I managed to aqquire a lot of great games on the cheap, really quickly.

If you can't tell I have very fond memories with my SNES, and I still play it today.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Bloody Swamp. Oh how I hated that level

Pretty much grew up with the Sega Mega Drive with games such as Kid Chameleon, Sonic 2 and Streets of Rage I and II until one day a Playstation was brought for me and the world of gaming opened up for me and got me even more hooked to it.

I got an NES when I was four, and a Gamebrick when I was about 7, so probably those. :X Didn't get an N64 until the price severely deflated when I was about 9/10.

I didn`t get a non-Nintendo system until I was about...13/14 when I bought my PS1.
:V

Oh yeah, PC, too. We had the old 386, if you know what that is. Ahh, Jazz Jackrabbit, Jill of the Jungle, Duke Nukem...good times, good times. Though I believe Jazz and Duke were AFTER our 386...eh.

Last edited:

Gibbers

None. I grew up on the PC, playing the early Wizardrys, Ultimas and Elder Scrolls, just to name a few. If I remember correctly my first home console was the PS1, so I was pretty late to the console party.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Mine was the PS one had that quite awhile then brought a Game Cube for £70 in 2005 although I did have fond memory playing some Atari on the PC when I was younger I least think they were Atari games.

Penguinist Trainer

My 1st system was the NES. But I grew up with all the systems. If it wasn't a system I owned, it was a system my friends owned.

We typically alternated houses and playing games until we got stuck. The best part about having friends with different systems, if you couldn't spring the money for the system, you could always just buy the game.

It was so much fun being a gamer as a kid.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
I grew up with mainly Nintendo and Sony systems. I had an N64, GBA, GBC, GBA SP, GCN, PS2, and PS1 throughout my childhood. (Note: I didn't have those all at once.) I also played The Sims games on the PC and I remember playing GTA: Vice City at one point on the PC.

Mimori Kiryu

I grew up with an Atari (my father's) at my house. Duck Hunt was awesome.

When I was three, my grandmother got all of us grandkids a SNES to play at her house because we were there all the time. Yay for Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros., DOOM, (Super) Street Fighter II (Turbo), and Doom Troopers.

^_^ After awhile we got a SNES at my house, and got the same things at home but also got Tetris Attack. Such a GREAT game. I still play it even now. It took me so long to beat my mother too. LOL She kicked my butt until I was about 10 or 11 years old and ever since she can't beat me.

Dattebayo

Banned
I grew up the N64, then the SNES, and finally, if it counts, the Gamecube.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
I was a Sega Mega Drive ish person back in the day. Great times.

Many days of my life were wasted on the Playstation, and they still are. Funny isn't it, how modern consoles break at the drop of a hat, and yet my Playstation is still going.

Wolf

I grew up with NES, GB and SNES for the most part. That was when I was 4 or so.
Then I got N64, PS1 and GBC when I was 8 and spent most of my time playing those while still playing the other two occasionally.