• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What could happen Between Poni Island and the League?

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Sorry if this is a stupid thread, but once I get really curious, I just have to ask.

The Poni Island arc starts Januray 13th. It'll likely last about 5 episodes meaning it'll be done in mid- or late Februray, or perhaps early March. SM will finish in, oh...early November or late October (perhaps a little earlier)

So what I'm wondering about is what we'll do during the 6 months or so between Poni and the League.

Here are some ideas

-Team Rainbow Rocket, or at least a big move from TR
-Team Skull arc with Guzma & Plumeria
-New captures & evolutions for the cast
-Meltan/Melmetal arc
-A field trip to another region, or another trip back to Kanto (to further promote LG)
-lots and lots of busy work filler (the most likely option -_-)
-For all we know the League could happen early and we'll have a filler area like with the Orange Islands and *shudder* Decalore Archipelago (though with the way SM does filler how could ya tell? o_O)

Please forgive me my indulgence, but my curiosity has been greatly piqued... <_<

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What I'm hoping is for Ash to lose and be unable to go right back to trying as they need to go back. Returning to Poni later for a rematch against Hapu and let his team develop some through training

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
An arc for more Lillie and Snowy development and focus, possibly starting some time during the Poni arc.

Evolutions and possible captures for the main cast.

Decidueye23

I think at this point most people want a team skull arc with guzma and plumeria, so on poni i would like to see that and a lillie-hapu story line leading to some form of development for lillie and finally ash conpleting his team.

PS. It would be nice to see each of the main cast get an episode on poni.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'm going for 8 episodes in poni max, which would be about early march. The league could be anywhere from july to september, maybe even october if gen 8 is released on december, depending if there's any big arc afterwards. That leaves us with most of march, all of april and may, and most of june (there's bound to be at least 1 break around that time for m22) at the very least. There's enough to fit some team and rivalry development for ash, a few fillers maybe, the other 2 UBs, pikashunium-z explanation, and maybe a 3-parter team skull arc (I hope guzma is introduced beforehand though). Sadly, aside from lillie's z-ring and MAYBE ninetales, I just can't see any of the classmates getting anything big pokemon or character-wise, this will most likely be an ash-focused year, so IDK

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Hopefully some focus for the girls, especially Mallow because if anyone needs the spotlight, it’s her. Still holding out hope for Lillie and Mallow to catch another Pokemon, like Lana did.

I personslly would love it if Lillie had her own arc, focused On her getting a Z-Ring and uses the Z crystal she recieved from Alolan Sandslash back in episode 80. Maybe somewhere in there, Snowy will evolve as well.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
I think/want:
Popplio evolution :)
Chargabug evolution :)
Shiron evolution :D
Lillie's Z-ring (and maybe a new capture) :D
poipole returns/evolves o_O
Ash catches a Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o :D

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think/want:
Popplio evolution :)
Chargabug evolution :)
Shiron evolution :D
Lillie's Z-ring (and maybe a new capture) :D
poipole returns/evolves o_O
Ash catches a Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o :D

Filler
Poipole's return
The last two UBs
Lillie's Z ring
Rainbow Rocket
Meltan

There's plenty to keep the anime occupied until the League.

Implying that doesn't happen on Poni
How long it's been it is a bit obvious they're doing what they did with the TRio and giving Lillie one from Hapu. (Guessing it'll be pink to differentiate from all the others)

I also expect Brionne to happen if they meet the Seafolk while they're there, and Vikavolt too if they end up using the SM method of it evolving over USM's. Those two aren't a necessity during the arc but are obviously happening soon so they might be..... I really want Jangmo-o/Hawkomo-o caught before they leave though, so at least one of Ash's Alola squad weren't caught on Melemele.... in the same town too

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Team skull arc should happen. Plus I would like to see rainbow rocket arc too and return of poipole. The evolution and capture episodes along with some fillers could happen between them!

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Ash needs two more capture and the only way to do it without it feeling rushed is to bring an older pokemon back (Kanto for LGPE and we all know who it will be as much as it pains me to admit) and catch a Gen 8 pokemon in Alola to bring over to Gen 8.

Watch gen 8 be released faster than we think making EVERYTHING feel so rushed. I'd laugh so hard if it is coming out July-September and GF and the anime starting rush the rest of SM and game reveals. Looking at past new generations only two have come out in November so yeah. (Gen 3 and Gen 7) would love a Gen release in summer personally.

But yeah if the anime has less time than most thing I'd like all canon stuff till they run out of stuff only to toss in fillers AFTER everything is done. If this means Ash focus only for months on end and using the classmates for filler stuff I'm ok with it.

As or people talking about classmates on Poni do we know if they are even going?

Watch Lillie get a Z ring when SM is over like a special or the last 5 mins of the final episode

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
who else thinks ash has a VERY slim chance of winning the league this time? Dia is in his world and zeraora isn't his, so he's most likely not joining, gladion is an early rival, and hau is way less experienced than him, leaving only kukui, who he has chances of beating (and he only has 2 pokemon that we know of, but he may reveal more), so unless they bring in a random guy, I think he has a little bit of opportunity to win
Ash needs two more capture and the only way to do it without it feeling rushed is to bring an older pokemon back (Kanto for LGPE and we all know who it will be as much as it pains me to admit) and catch a Gen 8 pokemon in Alola to bring over to Gen 8.

Watch gen 8 be released faster than we think making EVERYTHING feel so rushed. I'd laugh so hard if it is coming out July-September and GF and the anime starting rush the rest of SM and game reveals. Looking at past new generations only two have come out in November so yeah. (Gen 3 and Gen 7) would love a Gen release in summer personally.

But yeah if the anime has less time than most thing I'd like all canon stuff till they run out of stuff only to toss in fillers AFTER everything is done. If this means Ash focus only for months on end and using the classmates for filler stuff I'm ok with it.

As or people talking about classmates on Poni do we know if they are even going?

Watch Lillie get a Z ring when SM is over like a special or the last 5 mins of the final episode
IIRC it's already been confirmed that gen 8 is releasing late 2019, so it'll be september at the earliest, also, look at the summary for sm104, that confirms the classmates are going to poni

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'd say something involving either Team Skull Rainbow Rocket and/or some closure to Ultra Guardians stuff.

Any of that could involve Meltan/Melmetal as well as each other.