• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did Best Wishes do better than any other saga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Better animation:
Got to the point without pointless filler (Sinnoh taking to you!)
No old Pokemon until the second story arc which was nice.

N...

The animation in BW is crisp which I like and I might be the only one who prefers the Unova team over the Sinnoh team

TR. They used to be my least favourite part of the anime. I liked the TRio themselves just not being shoved where they were not needed, like gym battles..

Best wishes definitely did them better

The animation in BW is crisp which I like and I might be the only one who prefers the Unova team over the Sinnoh team

You're not the only one. I like the Unova team, they get too much flak.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
TR. They used to be my least favourite part of the anime. I liked the TRio themselves just not being shoved where they were not needed, like gym battles..

Best wishes definitely did them better

OMG I know right?? I didn't mind if they acted like they did in the 3rd gym of Kanto, but in gyms like Roark (the first one in Sinnoh) it was just painful to watch...

pokemon fan 132

At least in Sinnoh training happened... Johto was just Ash and Pikachu helping the Cotd

Not quite, there were several episodes which focused on TR, Misty or Brock focusing on their dreams and story as well. Or recurring pokemon like Delibird and Snubull, competitions like grass, fishing and bug tournament etc. Johto had many enjoyable things about it and there were more to it than just "fillers", but i wont go into that not being time and place.

Although ill readily admit how BW has some of most enjoyable fillers imo so far. Such as "Baffling the Bouffalant", "Four Seasons of Sawsbuck", "Scare at LItwick Mansion" etc.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
What did Best Wishes do better? What is Best Wishes trying to do better? If N and Team Plasma is an issue, then it would be just that.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
As for my views on what's been done better than any other saga:

- Animation. This is the best animated saga to date.

- Villains. I agree with Pokemaniac24; Unova!Team Rocket is the best evil team the anime has done.

- The pace. It's got an even better pace than Kanto and Battle Frontier had.

Other than that, I've got nothing. BW does alot better than Johto, Hoenn, and all of D/P, but Kanto, Orange Islands, and Battle Frontier have also done these good things, and sometimes better. And please note that this is in no way a slam against BW, since I love it, and I shall eternally shake my head at all the people in this fandom who don't.

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
New animation, that's all to be honest.

The music in best wishes is a huge downgrade, it actually make's the show unwatchable

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
And please note that this is in no way a slam against BW, since I love it, and I shall eternally shake my head at all the people in this fandom who don't.
I guess I won't be gaining your approval then. But oh well, enjoy what I feel is a mediocre season at best.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did it do good things? Few and far between. Is it a good as certain people say? Not to me. are they free to like whatever they want? Yup and I congratulate them for it

Rohanator

New animation, that's all to be honest.

The music in best wishes is a huge downgrade, it actually make's the show unwatchable
I..I..can't..wha..h-HELLO???

The only reason I could see someone saying that is because they miss the older tracks. The BW music is perfectly fine(read: as amazing as all of the other music in Pokemon so far<3333)

I guess I won't be gaining your approval then. But oh well, enjoy what I feel is a mediocre season at best.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did it do good things? Few and far between. Is it a good as certain people say? Not to me. are they free to like whatever they want? Yup and I congratulate them for it

Thanks for the congratulation, feels good man.

BW did so many nice things for me. Well, first of all it actually seemed interesting enough for me to start watching Pokemon again. I love DP too and all, but it'd really seem boring for me at first unless I immideatly happened to catch something amazing like Ash vs Paul. With Best Wishes it was pretty much: Good lord the animation looks nice. Wait...TEAM ROCKET IS SERIOUS?? Ok I'm getting in on this ride REAL quick. I love the team as well, to be completely honest, Pokemon development was something I never really thought of that much before reading the countless complaints about it here. DP gets me real good with its deeper stuff but Best Wishes is just...COOL. I enjoy watching it from an entertainment standpoint + it's pleasant to follow because of it's pace. Watching through DP after it was already finished was no problem, but watching that one episode a week? UGH, my heart.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Best Wishes pacing was good. I think the anime works better with shorter sagas, both Johto and Sinnoh especially were criticized for going on too long.

The Unova saga technically ends with the league, so it'll only be roughly 20 episodes shorter than Hoenn was, which ended around 130 episodes. Although given there was no Contest arc I feel Unova could have ended around 100 episodes instead.

The Unova saga technically ends with the league, so it'll only be roughly 20 episodes shorter than Hoenn was, which ended around 130 episodes. Although given there was no Contest arc I feel Unova could have ended around 100 episodes instead.

Not sure if you heard Cyber, but the dub title for the 16th season is "Pokemon Black and White: Adventures in Unova" and this season will start with the Iris vs. Drayden battle. That means everything post-league is still part of the Unova Saga.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I'd say the good thing was Team Rocket actually successfully completed some of their missions. It was getting annoying to see them fail every time. Nice to see some professional criminals in the anime but i wonder if they will return after what happened with the Therian pokémon and Giovanni...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Not sure if you heard Cyber, but the dub title for the 16th season is "Pokemon Black and White: Adventures in Unova" and this season will start with the Iris vs. Drayden battle. That means everything post-league is still part of the Unova Saga.

Even if they stay in Unova, the whole original Unova arc, the 8 Gyms and league...ends when the league does.

Whatever happens next will be something Ash does unrelated to those 8 badges, so its a new arc even if they stay in Unova. Its not like Battle Frontier would have been any different if they stayed in Hoenn instead of Kanto.

Rohanator

Even if they stay in Unova, the whole original Unova arc, the 8 Gyms and league...ends when the league does.

Whatever happens next will be something Ash does unrelated to those 8 badges, so its a new arc even if they stay in Unova. Its not like Battle Frontier would have been any different if they stayed in Hoenn instead of Kanto.
Region wise the BF saga felt really weird to me. There were so many wild Hoenn Pokes, I feel like the only reason they did it in Kanto was to have more Contests for May since it might seem weird if a new Grand Festival run would be started in Hoenn right after the previous ending. And I guess to slightly promote FRLG even though there were no Kanto like features what so ever IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.