• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did Gou do? (Read the last post. Let's all be a bit more civil regarding Go)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Also to answer this thread, Goh gets valid criticism due to his goal existing thanks to Pokemon go. His goal to many is boring. To me personally i dont mind the concept of his goal, just how its executed. He should catch mons with more variety of balls and do more battling imo, use other skills to help him catch the mons instead of throwing a pokeball. Yes some of his mons are weak route 1 fodder so makes sense for only pokeballs to work but there are very glaring examples like Darmanitan. Plus it gets boring after a while to just see him chuck pokeballs.
However he does get a lot of unprecedented hate coz some toxic ash fans see him as *stealing* spotlight and mons from Ash which is completely untrue, and want Ash to have the glory, also some just like to have a character as a punching bag to hate every season and Goh fits for them. These are the main reasons Ive seen

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
If you wanna do a character observation or whatever, it'd be far easier to just compare him to the average hoarder but trying to use the same argument to justify people angrily screaming "disgusting psychopath" all over PAD is quite frankly dancing around notable toxicity just because you're personally okay with it.

We do moderate posts that devolve into pure character bashing, and we do pay attention to what people are saying. It's also not true that people are constantly screaming insults all over - if anything, we actually have a bigger problem with people getting outright attacked for having an issue with how Go is written.

Again: Allow people to have opinions, and debate them. Don't attack others for their opinions. And don't drag in random things unrelated people with similar opinions said in a less polite way on Twitter or whatever, which seems to be the real issue here. There's no massive, crazy anti-Go faction on these forums running around attacking others for their opinions. There are people that attack others for having opinions on Go they don't like.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
From what I've seen, it's mostly because people feel the entire "catch every Pokemon" thing goes so against the way the anime has always portrayed Pokemon as individual creatures rather than battle tools to collect, with the way Go is acting being at such absurd odds with how the anime has been telling us for 20+ years is not how people should act. It's a very understandable reaction to have to the direction they seem to be going on with him, and there's nothing wrong with expressing that.

What there IS something wrong with is attacking people for having such opinions. Case in point,

It's perfectly okay to not like radical changes to the norms that have been around for 20+ years. No really, it is. Acting like people are insane for having negative reactions to such changes is ridiculous.

Also, it's completely irrelevant what dumb drama goes on on other forums. Go to those forums if you care about that. Keep it out of here. And if you actually think it's okay to attack people for having a certain opinion on a character because someone else with a similar opinion was rude to you somewhere else, then just drop that thought right now.
Paul did the same thing 14 years ago going against everything the anime constantly preached about showing kindness and compassion toward your Pokemon by abusing them and yet was consistently treated as a strong Trainer whose methods were acceptable by the anime and to this day is constantly brought up as a good Trainer by the fans who call Goh a psychopath.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Paul did the same thing 14 years ago going against everything the anime constantly preached about showing kindness and compassion toward your Pokemon by abusing them and yet was consistently treated as a strong Trainer whose methods were acceptable by the anime

And people criticized that too. I was there. I remember it.

and to this day is constantly beought up as a good Trainer by the fans who call Goh a psychopath.

Again, there is no massive hivemind of anti-Go pro-Shinji people running around on this forum attacking people for liking Go. If there is, then report them. But it's fairly clear you're referencing some kind of Twitter drama or the like, and that's not relevant here. Debate people on this forum and respond to the posts they say here, don't act like you have the "right" to be rude because they have an opinion that reminds you of someone you don't like on Twitter.

Play nice, debate post and not person, and accept a difference in opinions.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
I, for one, wouldn't know anything happening on Twitter, actually. In fact, the only thing I could link to Twitter in this thread is a strong resemblance of "calling people out is harassment" to "hurr cancel culture is bad when it doesn't benefit people I like" chuds that are everywhere on that hellhole of an app.

Also, note that "people" doesn't mean an army, it could just mean a select few people. Of course there's not an army on this forum, we don't have the activity for that anymore. Doesn't mean the select few don't exist.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I, for one, wouldn't know anything happening on Twitter, actually. In fact, the only thing I could link to Twitter in this thread is a strong resemblance of "calling people out is harassment" to "hurr cancel culture is bad when it doesn't benefit people I like" chuds that are everywhere on that hellhole of an app.

Also, note that "people" doesn't mean an army, it could just mean a select few people. Of course there's not an army on this forum, we don't have the activity for that anymore. Doesn't mean the select few don't exist.
Cancel culture is bad because it assumes any accusation is true and that any attempts at defending oneself are proof of guilt.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Ok, let's just sum this up:

1) It's completely okay to have an issue with how Go is being written, and feel that the way the anime is treating it is completely at odds with what the anime presented as how you should act for the past 20 years. It's a very understandable reaction and people are allowed to have it.
2) There is no massive anti-Go sentiment on this forum, and people are not being attacked for liking Go and being okay with how he's written. On the contrary, there's a number of Go fans that attack others for having issues with how he comes across. This is not a big problem either, but it's a thing.
3) Let people have opinions. Accept that others have different opinions than you. Discuss people's commentary and explain why you feel differently. Debate, don't attack. Realize that Go is a somewhat controversial character. And try to play nice, whether you like the way he's written or not. That goes for both sides of this.

Everyone okay with that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.