1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What did you catch Mewtwo in?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Greatemboar, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Greatemboar

Greatemboar The White Warrior

We all know Mewtwo is a hard capture in Fire red and Leaf green. The question is what type of pokeball did you catch Mewtwo in? I caught it in a great ball.

2. Swagsire

Swagsire Well-Known Member

Managed to bring myself into catching all the legendaries with a pokeball. Yup. It worked on mewtwo 23 pokeballs later Qwaa ;195;

3. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

It varied, I think I got it in an Ultra or Timer Ball at least once, and then one time I just used my Master Ball to get it.

4. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I caught the one in LeafGreen with an Ultra Ball, but the Mewtwo really put up a struggle and it took me like 15 minutes to succeed. I used a Master Ball on the one in FireRed.

5. BIG MIKE

BIG MIKE FIERCE DEITY

I used a Pokeball to catch Mewtwo, I never use Masterballs.

6. latios reborn

latios reborn Well-Known Member

I was being lazy so I just used the Masterball

7. WastingLight

WastingLight Well-Known Member

I used a Timer ball to catch it.

8. SoulMuse

SoulMuse Shadow of nothing

Well 50 pokeballs and something like a 150 ultra's later, I got him in an Ultra ball.

9. Bananarama

Bananarama Another trophy

I used an Ultra Ball.

I was saving the Master Ball for Raikou.

10. LimeSoda

LimeSoda Well-Known Member

Ultraball first time, second time a master ball because I wanted to SR for nature and perfect Sp Att IV.

11. P-body

P-body Aperture TestSubject

Took over 100 Poké Balls for me.

12. VaironGod

VaironGod Dunsparce>Arceus

About a million tries with ultra ball. I was even putting it to sleep and I still had to reset so many times cause I only had around 50 ultra balls and was too lazy to leave Cerulean Cave and buy more.

13. Titan500

Titan500 Solar Panels

Wow, it's been a while since I played my LeafGreen, but I caught Mewtwo in a Timer Ball. If I remember correctly, I was pretty much throwing everything I had at the guy.

14. Infernobat.

Infernobat. Negative

Being a lazy person I caught it in a master ball.

15. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Master Ball in LeafGreen.
    Ultra Ball in my current FireRed file since I traded or Pal Parked that game's Master Ball a long time ago.

16. Cheez Puf

Cheez Puf Just lurking.

It took me forever to get Mewtwo in FireRed... I went through a ton of Ultra Balls and Timer Balls, but I got it in a Timer Ball.

17. Greatemboar

Greatemboar The White Warrior

If any 1 wants to know I only had 11 Ultra balls and 1 Great ball

18. Gloryus

Gloryus Where's Wally?

I used also used a Masterball because I wasn't bothered to battle Mewtwo.

19. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

I caught it in an Ultra Ball after thousand of tries. I saved the Master Ball for the legendary beast.

20. Ninjask120

Ninjask120 Loving the Bug

Used snorlax. got to a tiny sliver in one hit. spazed for a few minutes. threw quick ball. win. have second spasm fit.
    It was a fun day.