• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you catch Mewtwo in?

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Ultraball... wasted so many just to catch it XD
It was the ideal ball at the time <.>

Flamer

Masterball. Was SRing for a shiny one so was hardly going to risk anything else

Cutty

Forever now
I used masterball in my last games. But I restarted again and plan to use ultraball this time.

Infernape4ever

Experianced Trainer
well i almost lost it against him buti caught bunch of pokemon and i used glooms sleep powder to make him fall fast a sleep(very low hp) and i used great ball 4 times and 5 time he cought

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
I caught Mewtwo in a Poke Ball for Starter Legendary means. I would've caught Mewtwo with the Master Ball considering how strong he is and how low his catch rate is, but I wanted to wait to catch my legendary beast with my Master Ball so it wouldn't keep running from me.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Ultra Ball. Got him down to minimal health, Paralyzed him and Ultra Ball spammed until BAM.

psychonerderer

well, once in LG i caught him in pokeball. took awhile, but it worked. the on i have now is in a duskball.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I once caught Mewtwo in blue when he was either asleep or paralyzed in Blue with a Pokeball. I went nuts cuz I was immature at the time lol. But usually I use Ultra Balls, I never use Master Balls on legendary's you can save in front of.

Mitzi

L'Etat c'est moi
If I recall correctly, it was either my saved Master Ball or an Ultra Ball. I -- for the life of me -- could not catch such a Pokémon with a mere Pokéball, or even a Great Ball for that matter.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I always use Ultra Balls because I need my Master Ball for the dog

Porygonk

I used timer balls, if you get the catch rate up to 4x after about twenty balls it works great, just the thing that sucks is that it has an attack that restores its hp

Lareon

I really don't know how. But i think i was really lucky. I've played leafgreen six times. The first time i reached cerulean cave, i didn't know that there was mewtwo. So i was unprepared. I just had 6 ultra balls and 2 great balls. I paralysed it and used false swipe until it was left with 1hp. Then i used all my ultra balls. And then a great ball. And i got him.