• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you do during the power outage?

pokeaaron3

Shiny Collector
Yesterday at around 3:30 PM PCT their was a major power outage in the United States. It started in Arizona effected many states. The power is being restored but not all places have been restored yet.

So my question to you is what did you do during the power outage or is their some funny story that happened when the power went out?

I just tried doing my homework before it got dark but had to do some in the dark.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Well my brother's school is in OC, so I had to hear him scream at me "OMG THE POWER WENT OUT, SO SCHOOL WAS CANCELLED YEAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" for a little while. But I'm in LA, so I was unaffected. And then like 30 minutes later, I got another call from him screaming "DAMMIT, THAT MEANS I CAN'T GO SOMEWHERE TO GET FOOD BECAUSE THE POWER IS OUT NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Yeah, he's insane. I usually just hang up on him at that point.

John Madden

resident policy guy
Wasn't affected by it at all.

(It actually seems to only have affected southern California, Arizona and Baja California.)

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
eBay Huckster said:
(It actually seems to only have affected southern California, Arizona and Baja California.)

But you must understand, this is exactly what Californians mean when they say something has "effected [sic] many states".

I, like the minority of America, knew of no such power outage until this thread.

kochoupink

butts lol
But you must understand, this is exactly what Californians mean when they say something has "effected [sic] many states".

I, like the minority of America, knew of no such power outage until this thread.

Spoken like a true Coloradan.
Dear California,
you are not the West, and you are not the US.
Sorry about your power outage.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Power outages in my area aren't uncommon. We're a heavily wooded area and lines get snapped all the time.

Anyone who freaks out for a power outage that is under 3 days is a pussy.

Cobalt_Latios

When it does happen, and it's not an actual "flicker":

- turn my computer off.
- wait it out.

'CL

Buchou

filch some swag
I had no idea this even happened. I live on the East Coast so it didn't bother me.

Usually when the power goes out I draw or try to play my DSi until the battery dies. Then I result to waiting it out.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
My power didn't go out at that time, but once my power was out for an entire day, so I just sat around looking out the window. The Internet was my main form of entertainment, so I had nothing else to do.

pokeaaron3

Shiny Collector
yea it only affected a some of the west coast. It was however pretty big in that it affected multiple states and some of Mexico.

Atari

Did it on 'em
Nothing. Although reading about it on the internet makes me wish I lived on the west coast rather than the east.

The power went out, and I went to check if my toast in the toaster was okay. Thankfully, it was.

Josiah

is your favorite
Yesterday at around 3:30 PM PCT their was a major power outage in the United States. It started in Arizona effected many states. The power is being restored but not all places have been restored yet.

So my question to you is what did you do during the power outage or is their some funny story that happened when the power went out?

I just tried doing my homework before it got dark but had to do some in the dark.
Many states? Ha.

Yeah, so in Nebraska we still have plenty of power. Electricity from Arizona must take a long time to reach here. Maybe the outage will hit us sometime here soon.

Loreni333

Taking Over Serebii
Bah, dude, it wasn't that bad, I just played with my dogs and drew some stuff. I agree, you have to be insane to not be fine with a little power outage. But I understand if like, you had computer homework, or something...