• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you learn today?

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Pretty self-explanatory. It could be anything from school-related or news-related or whatever you learned. We got the 'What are you listening to' thread, and now there's this.

As for me, I just learned the art of binaries (you know, the 1001010101011 part). Now I can convert Base 10's to Base 2's. If anyone cares (which I doubt), I'd be happy to demonstrate an example.

One-liners are fine...after all, it's a poll. Anyway, thread's away!

religion crap we should've learned in grade 7 about morals and stuff. laame. :rolleyes:

and in my applied maths class, we learned about conversion..like from metric to imperial..sorta. i was writing my test so i heard bits of what they were talking bout. :p

RaiBlade

ɾαρτυɾε
What I learned today at school is that a class room IS a torture room and I mean it seriously! It's so boring! especially chemistry!

I learned today that group work with ugly Russian girls is not a fun experience as they like to complain.
A LOT...

facetious

facetious
What I learned today at school is that a class room IS a torture room and I mean it seriously! It's so boring! especially chemistry!
Tough it up or quit school. Complaining on a Pokemon forum where nobody gives two shits about your opinion won't solve anything. :rolleyes:

smeelyboo

STFU ZUCCHINI!
I learned how to solve proofs with SAS and ASA, it wasn't very fun.
I also learned that presenting a poem in English is harder than it seems :(

Mawile412

Problem
i learned that when writing you need to make the paper sound delicious.......thats what this guest speaker said :p

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I learned nothing
What did you do today?
I did nothing
What did you learn at school?
I didn't go
Why didn't you go to school?
I don't know
It's cool to know nothing
etc

In all seriousness, without quoting lyrics, I learned that making a database of the birds present in a country park is about as glamourous as it sounds.

Last edited:

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
I learned about Rigor Mortis, Algor Mortis, and Livor mortis, and the stages of body decay in my forensics class. I love it.
Also learned about the ocean's currents in my oceanography class... i cant believe no-one else new about the gulf stream...the teacher took forever to ask me!

I learned nothing
What did you do today?
I did nothing
What did you learn at school?
I didn't go
Why didn't you go to school?
I don't know
etc

In all seriousness, without quoting lyrics, I learned that making a database of the birds present in a country park is about as glamorous as it sounds.
I'm impressed with the Kaiser Chiefs situation. Glad to see somebody knows good music around here...

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
Well, we have started reading the Illiad and I learned the someone lolled. We knew it wasn't you know "LOL" lol, but still, it created a fun atmosphere in the class :p
I practiced for Thriller... and nothing else.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
I learned about chloroplasts.
And the Enlightenment. And conjunctions, interjections, etc. And Algebra 2 crap.
And where Modern Dance derived from. And more Spanish.
Wheeeee, awesome stuff eh?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I learned about Rigor Mortis, Algor Mortis, and Livor mortis, and the stages of body decay in my forensics class. I love it.
Also learned about the ocean's currents in my oceanography class... i cant believe no-one else new about the gulf stream...the teacher took forever to ask me!

Nice. I wanna learn that.

I learned my 3D animation project is due at the end of class tomorrow, and I'm not close to being finished >>. Oh well.

I also learned that I need season three of X-Files, or I'm going to end up memorizing all the episodes we have thus far. (It doesn't get old, but still, I want different episodes.)

smeelyboo

STFU ZUCCHINI!
^
I have seasons 1-9 on DVD, my favorite episodes are "Squeeze" and "Tooms". I just love that guy!

Today I learned that my 16 year old guy friend didn't know what "jayjay" stands for.
I politely informed him. :>

Rave

Banned
I learned how to strengthen my hip muscles for some tough kicks in karate today.

I learned about National Barcode Day.

Cobalt_Latios

I've learned that it's not a smart idea to procrastinate on assignments that are due the day of. Granted, the whole class got an extension due to a sick day of our teacher, but still.

Won't do that no more.

On a different note, I've also learned a few extra techniques that'll be beneficial on improving said assignment.

<C_L>