• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you like most about 1st. Gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title speaks for it's self. I searched and found nothing as well so there's no need to spazz at me either. :3

So what did you all like about 1st. Gen? I liked the glitches....a whole lot. And that's it really. o_o

Trooper Guy

Lost in history...
Glitches, the fame of the pokes (people who don't like pokemon anymore still know them) and the fact that you actually needed to do in-game trading to get rare pokes. And also back then, there weren't so many, lol. The pace of the game, the memories and the simplicity as well. Oh, and Articuno. :D

Last edited:

Pottsie

I'm Back
I don't like it much now, but back then, these Games were the ones that got me where I am today. And it made me buy all the others.

Captain Brain

It was the first G.B. I wanted. I got Tetris with the handheld. So to me the thought of not putting it in a cupboard when I beat the game was awesome. Trading was a great idea. I never was one for glitches. ;025;

Alluvion

Long-Time Lurker
Well, I'll always love the Pokemon the most. Maybe it's just the nostalgia, but they just have something that the others don't.

The glitches were fun, too. Can't forget those. Those scared me so badly the first time.... (Hey, second grade. Cut me a break.)

Pokemon also had a huge fanbase in our school back then. It was great to have people to trade with and to take you through the hard bits (like the moving floors in the Game Corner... ugh.)

My favourite part about them when looking back would have to be those dumb rumors on the internet. You know, the Pokegods? Talk to the thirsty girl on the roof of the Department Store 100 times and she'll give you a Flareth to get you to go away? I tried that one. It was stupid, but fun.

Comray001

IMMA FIRIN MEH LAZOR
I loved the glitches and Blue was my first EVER video game

Apart from it being my first video game, played to death, and being overall cool, even today when i play it, it feels so... refreshing. Theres no natures, breeding, ivs shinies berries, hold items or anything, its really simple and fun.

Aptenodytes

I loved the look of the sprites, especially the back sprites. They made me laugh then, and they still make me laugh now :D.

water types rule

Yeah the infinite item glitch was fun to use, but the fact that it was the beginning of the Pokemon games is what I like about it the most.

Liam-Kun

My precious!
I'd say I loved the glitches and everything..

Sneasel

Sneasel Master
To be honest, I liked the glitches the best. I didn't think that it would be a common answer, but I thought wrong.

Pearl's Perap

I know it has been said, but glitches, and the not knowing what is going to happen as it's the first games in the series.

With GSC, you know a rough outline with new things, as with RSE, but RBY were the pure originals where you discovered everything about all games to come.

Zak

Status
Not open for further replies.