• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you like most about 1st. Gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariki

I have to say the simplicity of the first gen is what makes it better than gen 3. The Pokemon that originated in gen 1 and 2 are better than those that originated in gen 3. I think gen 3 spoilt it all for me...

GT4GTR

Ice Type Master
I like the music, reminds me of when i was about 5 years old. :)

Kites

Champ In The Making
The music and fresh, new feeling of experiencing it the first time.

aerisLana

i cannot believe
The only feature in Yellow that other games didn't have, and that's having a Pokemon that's following you, haha! It was really cool to see that. I wonder why the 4th generation didn't include that (except in Amity Park). It would have been cool if it's available throughout the whole game.

i liked the glitches
especially when i got heaps of rare candies out of it
but one day i used all my rare candies and i duplicated HM03

oops :p

the gym leader music was awesome too

manoflego

Pretty much the glitches, like the mew trick

Raccario

I liked alot of things about the first generation.

First of all I liked the Pokemon, and the starters were some of the best.
Second like many other people I enjoyed the glitches, especailly the Mew trick from Nugget Bridge.
Third I like the good memories it gives me.
Fourth I liked the storyline, and even though they have FireRed and LeafGreen out now I still play my Blue version every now and then.

Scizor5000

Explorer of Time
I liked how Pikachu follows you constantly in Yellow, and the things you can do with Pikachu, like have him dance by jumping down a ledge and leaving him on top, or have him think of fish by fishing and then talking to him. :p I don't have Red or Blue, so I can't get unlimited Rare Candies, but Yellow is cool anyway.

--wishmaker

I think it was just that everything was so new. Working out everything for the first time was a lot of fun and seeing Pokemon appear that you didn't even know existed and stuff.

iamnotiangibson

EV Trainer
The simplicity.

also the glitches were fun.

Enheritance

Dragon Trainer
The pokemon. The first 151 will always be special to me, even if I do think some are ugly(xD). And the fact that it was the first game, you didnt know what was going to happen; it was just a whole new learning experience for the series ^^

Valorous

It (pokemon Red) would have been my first game (also first pokemon game) but it was sold out... So it became my second.. I liked it because of the poor graphics that keeped attracting me to play it a bit more.. Although the gen 2 till the gen 4 at date have better graphics gen 1 will always remain at a special place...

Tyler99

When i think of Pokemon Red i think of the good times in Elementary school battling with my friends on our gameboy colors. Good times...

Status
Not open for further replies.