• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you like most about 1st. Gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone else liked it but I loved Wrap back then. It was so innocent and weak and useless, just the way i like my pokemon and their moves. I also liked Magikarp for it's sheer strength and ability, when i trained a magikarp i could easily pwn the elite 4 with a tackle attack and a fire type for Agatha. Those were the days.

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
I loved the exp. all. That was such a useful item, and i was crushed when they replaced it in the second gen.

EmeraldLeafBlade

How simple it is. Okay, so the advanced stuff is more fun. But at the same time it's great to relax and play an old game, where there are no EV's, Natures or anything like that.

ShinyPalkia

Some of the sprites were much better than in the newer games, the glitches (especially the Mew one), the rather easy Elite Four, no event-only Pokemons, some TM:s like Bubblebeam and the Cerulean Cave.

Titan

The Fighter
The first generation was probably my favorite mainly because everything was fresh! It was obvious that the makers put thought into each pokemon. Now the makers seem to be slapping random things together just to get another version. Of course there acceptions. Just take a look at Probonose That is an obvious sign of the fact that the makers are running out of ideas. Thats why I loved the first generation. Because there were no bad ideas!:)

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
- The glitches, namely Mew and Missingno., were awesome.

- It was simple. There was no worrying about about E.V.s or natures or shinies or any of that.

- Not that I hate the newer Pokemon, but the original 151 will always hold a special place in my heart.

- Back then, I could freely be a Pokemon fan. Now, if I was to express my love for it, I would get laughed at, because the entire franchise is seen as kiddie.

AstroSaur

just the simplicity of it; very refreshing when i play it nowadays.

and of course i loved the glitches...but, then again, who didn't?

Renami

Benevolence
I think the glitch XDD
And the fact it was the 1st pokemon game. Oh, and the sprite design.

pokewaffles

.:.waffle trainer.:.
The Safari Zone..I remember how excited I was to catch that cute little dratini!! I also love 1st generation pokemon.they are all SOOO cute and strong!!!

mew801

i thought the story line was realy good. and of course it had mew in it!!

Every single glitch found on the games. The massive amount of play time. The fact that the games were basically the only ones where a link cable was a 'nessessity'. All 151 Pokemon and great strategy involved with every single one of them... There's to much to mention. The first Pokemon games single-handedly brought me over to the Nintendo fanclub.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i simply enjoyed playing the game and that's what was the most exciting for me back then, besides that i got my first dragonite in that generation and
i'm using dragonite in my teams eversince.

Jerre

Gogoat!
Mostly the cool music. And the Kanto region of course seeing for the first time.

Never knowned about these glitches after i heard when i got Gold.

Those were good days. ^^

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
The best thing about the 1st gen is that it was the beggining of pokemon. We wouldnt have 493 pokemons if it wasnt for the 1st gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.