• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you like most about 1st. Gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiigon

I liek mudkipz
8-bit graphics, 8-bit music, 8-bit Pokés. 8-bit games are the best :)

Magmar Master

I'm going to answer the question as if you asked what DO you like.

Yellow's sprites.
That every pokemon can be obtained with one game. (yay mew glitch)
That even without glitches you can get machamp without trading with another person.
The surfing image, I'm still not completely sure what it is. (I think it's a fairly fat seel)
When after completing (or nearly completing) you realize you left a pokemon at day care early in the game.
mewtwo's overpoweredness (lets pretend that's a word.)

Last edited:

Cioger

Glitchemon Trainer
8-bit graphics, 8-bit music, 8-bit Pokés. 8-bit games are the best :)

You REALLY like 8-Bit don't you. I guess this is another reason why I like them.

Mewten150

The glitchs and rumours made it more interesting, the sprites are hilarious/ugly, and it was what made pokemon what it is today. they are amazing in general anyway

The fact that there were only 150 Pokemon to catch. D:

thelostpokemon

It was the start of the pokemon craze.... i remember playing it with my mates ... i owned them all :p, i never knew what i was doing

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
I only like the first geration when it was new because it was the only way to play pokemon but now there alot, even fan made ones, but i'd rather play nintendo\gamefreak made ones.

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
Just being the first Pokemon game was good enough for me. I was a little kid so I didn't know about the glitches yet. >.>

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
In comparison to GSC/RSE/DPPt, I love it because there is no gender/nature so I have to keep hunting for the right one, I can just catch any random pokemon and not have to worry.

Cullen

I like the first Pokemon games the best because I get to choose Squirtle as my first Pokemon since I like turtles a lot.

squlicky4

the thing i like about first gen is that nmw you can get all three starters

Calarus

Fierce Kanto King
Memories

Hello, I did not care about the glitches nor the poorly drawn sprites. I just loved the feel of having a Pokemon game. I felt so cool. I stayed up for nights just to play and battle my brother and our friends. Man all those fun memories truly make you feel like your the reason why Pokemon is around. And if you've played since RED/BLUE tap your self on the back cause your one of the first trainers, to see Pokemon from the beginning, I salute (you) fellow trainers. Calarus

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.