• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you like most about 1st. Gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
I now miss the simplicity. Back in the day, I used a beedrill who wasn't outclassed by anything.

Celabby

Co-ordinator
Of course the glitches were fun, but I also liked how advanced were for being so old!

MainEvent

I'd have to say being new to the games and not knowing what to expect. Discovering things for the first time was probably the most enjoyable. Don't really feel the same with the games that come out nowadays since the format hasn't changed much.

Euphoria

Soul Salsa
Not knowing anything was the most fun for me. Sometimes I'd wish I could forget everything I know about a game so I could start over and fully enjoy it.

the fact that we knew nothing about pokemon and we used to get excited when we caught zubat and weedle!

Igloo

PinsirUsedGroundTime
I enjoyed playing Pokémon Yellow after being influenced by the anime, naming my character Ash and my rival Gary. I remember the not-so-pleasant surprise of learning that Pikachu couldn't do any damage to Brock's Pokémon, and trying to follow the anime episode, I wondered just exactly HOW to activate the gym's sprinkler system in order to defeat Onix... lol.
I even thought that Brock and Misty would eventually follow me around.

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
The simplicity. A day where I didn't care what IVs were used, where there were no EVs, no shinies, so battle frontiers, EQ could kill Gengar and Weezing, and Mewtwo was unstoppable.
*sigh*
Luckily, I still have both Red and Blue.

Saph

Rapscallion
I liked the mystery. Being my (and everyone else's) first Pokemon game, there were so many things to discover. Coupled with the vast amount of glitches, there was a lot of mystery to them. I always wanted to explore the grass on the outside of Pallet Town. I've had dreams where I stumble across hidden cities in the game.

I liked the originality of the game, the simpleness (none of this contest or nature rubbish). I also liked the glitches as i caught a level 400 snorlax and a missingno, they were so cool! :p
The best bit was probably the mew cheat though. That glitch town was pretty cool too...
In these newer games, there are too many pkmn, i can't keep track of them all!
There are too many unobtainable ones aswell, i hate the gaps in the national pokedex.

Last edited:

TysonKO

CHARIZARD!!! He might not be legendary but i have never seen such exitment for another pokemon ever. especially the charizard card, i mean it was crazy..

jolteon

Amante de Jolteon
There were a lot of things I liked about First Gen.
But most?

Jolteon was one of the fastest and strongest pokemon in the game ^_^

Evil Genius

Glitches. Definitely.

Guy

I don't know!
tons of things, but I'd have to say gltiches

Shiny Rokon

All of the above, it was new, going through the game for the first time, learning about the world and pokemon in general. I don't think anything can compare to that first year, the game, anime, cards ... everything, it was all that I thought of, and it was fun. Catching and training your favourites despite weakness and loving them for who they are :)

A Local Guy

the simplicity of it all. no-one cared about stats. no-one cared about movesets. you won with attacks you liked, on pokemon you liked. there were no tiers, and missingno was the best way to level
now it's too complex.

mew..

What do you want?
i liked ow everyone didnt care about ev's. natures, stats,
all they cared about ws training. to reach the top!
now in diamond its like: oh i spent 13 days trying to breed a adamant tyranitar with 31 attack iv's....anyway. i still dont care bout nature, stats, i care about playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.