• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you like most about 1st. Gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikou_fan

Everything. 1st gen was awesome! It started off the pkmn franchise in the U.S., therefore also making them the most important games.

MorseCoder

Pokemon Champion
I loved the Music, The Gyms and The Elite Music.. and Probably the Oldest game in Pokemon to count...

spacialrend_palkia

Deity of Space
the simplicity of the game makes it still interesting. the newest versions had Ev's, natures,trick room, and a lot of new items. not to mention hidden power.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
I liked the fact that it was tough for me to play. Since I started off in G2, the E4 characters were low leveled and easy. My friend gave me his yellow and It took about two weeks for me to beat the full game.

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
The primitive graphics left a lot to the imagination - Thus perfect for the wee version of myself.

Red831

PKMN Champion
What I like the most about the originals is that they were classic. Not a single kid in America wasn't obsessed with it

fugthimble

i'm old now
(America and Europe, plz.)

I remember playing that game every single day of my life until I lost it. I cried so bad that day D:
The new games are awesome and stuff, but they will never be so awesome as the originals. I can't find any words to express the time I spent playing Pokémons when I didn't know anything about it, and just pressed A and ran around. One of my best friendships started with "Oh, you have Yellow? That's awesome!" and it still lasts today, thank you very much.
:)

Astus

How Alakazam was the absolute shiz :p
And how it provided tons of fun.
Can never be truly emulated.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
How it was the 1st game in the series.

How it portrayed the world of Pokemon, bringing life to those strange creatures. How the music sounded amazing, even though it was only a Game Boy game.

And how the Pikachu sprite was so much cuter than it is now... ;)

GeneralHannibal

Professor Chaos
I liked the much less complicated IV/EV system. Granted i never worried about them, but now that there is more emphasis on them i can't even prepare a team without at least two IVs on every pokemon being 31. The missing no replicating items was awesome too.

scrapbook

My Emo Friend
the glitches and all of the other things that were messed up. I liked when one of the missingno was at level, 0, so that i can evolve into kangaskan

Status
Not open for further replies.