1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What did you name your FRLG rival?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Dec 30, 2019.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

In FireRed & LeafGreen you could name your rival anything you wanted so what did you call him?

In FireRed I named him Gary because I was a fan of the show and thought that he looked just like him and in LeafGreen I named him Green just because I was too lazy to think of a better name. :p

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

In LeafGreen version I named the rival Blue because I named my in-game character Red, so I thought it was fitting [this was before I found out that the rival's popular fan-made name was Green in Japan]. In FireRed, I named him John I believe for no particular reason.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  3. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

I named him after my best friend

Leonhart likes this.
  4. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

I named him Gary in both Fire Red and Leaf Green too because it's obvious that Gary was based on the Gen 1 rival's sprite.

Leonhart likes this.
  5. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

In FireRed, I nicknamed him Max. In LeafGreen, his name was Marcus.

Leonhart likes this.
  6. LusoTrainer

LusoTrainer Retro Trainer

Green.

Leonhart likes this.
  7. 955561976

955561976 Well-Known Member

I named him "Clare", after my wife! :D

Sakuyamon and RedBlastoise like this.
  8. Sakuyamon

Sakuyamon Active Member

Named him after my neighbor just because I couldn't come up with something more creative. His name was Martin.