• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you name your rival in G/S/C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crob8

Crobat Kid
I was younger at the time, and thought youwere meant to name him ??? like his name was in the battles. My friend named him Ziggy after his pet parrot, that's how I found out you could name him but I didn't want to bother restarting.

Queen_Lugia

The Soul of Silver
Like most of you, on my first file, I named my rival ???. I honestly thought that that was his name! :redface: On later files, I named him Ash and James. On the file I named him Ash, my character's name was James, after James of the anime. (What? I have a crush on him! Ask Kojinka if you don't believe me!)
On the file that I named him James, my character's name was Ash. (Yes, I have a crush on him too!) Plus, James and Ash are kinda like rivals in the anime, considering James is a villain and Ash is the hero. I know, kinda lame. I never called my rival a bad word, although if my Silver battery hadn't died, I might call him one in a new file,considering his behavior towards you and his Pokemon. >:) That is, if I ever get the battery replaced. And my parents aren't watching. ;) (I've been through a LOT with this cartridge, and I'm NOT replacing it with a used one! I once lost it at the Sac City Public Library lawn during a rainstorm. :rambles: )

Xhizors

Banned
I was a soccer fan when I was very young, so I'd always call him Beckham because he had long hair like him.

.VALO.

Well when I first ever played the game (Silver) I named him ??? because like most people have posted, that's what it said. I'm playing Crystal on my phone this time around and named him Prick because I was pretty annoyed when I named him and it's a bit of a giggle when it says on the screen:

Prick wants to battle!

Not the funniest but each to their own as it were!

SelenaluvsDylan22

Goodbye Rebellion
Jake is what i named mine

Firehawk10590

Never lost a randbat
I named mine Markus.

6NoNo9

Girlpowershipping <3
Ok, so, in Silver, I named him Bababutt. After, I got Gold, still Bababutt. Finally, I got Crystal and guess how I named him? BABABUTT. Last week, I began a new game in Crystal and, to continue this "tradition", I kept his name. I really don't know where it came from, but oh well! xD

pichu96

I simply named mine after the games, so like crystal, silver, and gold! LOL

Vycksta

I called him Darren because he looked a lot like my then boyfriend... and even now i'll occasionally refer to him as Darren instead of Kamon/Silver. It just seems to fit him. xD

Blazamane

Slow Match Master
I called him ??? to keep the mystery going - In hindsight; Not that creative

Status
Not open for further replies.