• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you name your rivals?

zozo

SLIMED!
The last playthrough I did of Leafgreen, my character was named Dahlia, so I named the rival Weed.

Though usually I have more respectful names for my rivals. Klin or Jet for Barry, Wander for Silver, etc. But I dislike the Kanto rival. :p

gliscor&yanmega

I've named them a lot of things, I've played the games over like 100 times each...wait...maybe more.

The recent games I've played and remember the names:
Blue-Gary.
Crystal-???(He said his name was "???" who am I to give out a wrong name D: )

In Black and White I called the Bianca and Cheren :3, Bianca is the male and Cheren is the female >:3

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I mostly go by their original names, but sometimes I name them names that I like.. like Blake or something :p

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I don't know why, but I named my rival Whoops. Only later did I realize...

DragonTrainerSilver

<-- Starving dragon
Diamond,Pearl,Heart,Gold,Black whatever is opposite of me.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

o.o
I just spammed asterisks, making you think I named them inappropriate stuffs :O
I just keep their names default.

nandamaung

I usually give them the name Ash coz I like to beat him to a pulp.

Missingno.Fan

I always name my rival in Gold/HearGold Big Red. I don't know why. I usually name my rivals something like Loser or Stupid. Or I name them Tyler (after my brother).

TimelordOtaku

THANKS, Hermione.
Chimney in Platinum
Davros in Soul Silver

Weedy Spyze

Usually I just give them their 'canon' names (Blue, Barry, etc.), same as I do for the protagonists. Although sometimes I'll get a bit creative if I don't really like that name much.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Gary is always Gary. I could never name him anything else. Having him called Blue by default in HG and SS is just weird. o_O

For HG and SS, I've taken to calling the rival Baron. I first called him that with Crystal, and as much as I disliked pretty much everything else about Crystal (HG and SS are infinitely better) the name just stuck because I like it. So I've been calling him Baron ever since.

Diamond: Brandon (named after someone who was teasing me at the time I got Diamond, before it got stolen)
Platinum: AAAAA
SoulSilver: Andrew (A name I thought up)
Future White 2 Rival Name: Derek

GalladeX

I never really liked the idea of naming them something immature, so I always give them either a common name that seems to fit them or a canon name.