• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you name your rivals?

Earthia100

Sometimes I will trade the starters to other games before I actually start playing. So I'll just name my rival "poopface", "fart", and some other stupid stuff like that.

But when I'm actually Playing I usually use the canon or anime names. Like Gary and Barry.

Fart: Smell ya Later!

Estellise

peachy
I normally keep their default names,but if I restart I give them curse word names.

broken glass

average shiny hunter
my rivals name was stalker in firered leafgreen always seemed to end up where u are

Hudsonn98

Platinum-Barry or Gavin
SoulSilver- Silver
I don't have any older ones but I'd do these:

Emerald: May
LeafGreen: Gary

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I normally use the default names, but I have named them myself a few times, mostly after people I dislike in real life. :p

MISSINGNO. rufflet_is_gag

Dark and bird lover
In the Johto-ish games i give my rival the name ''Pidgey''
In Platinum and Diamond my rival's name is ''Piplup'' i lol'd

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I use the official Japanese names, like Green and Jun.

I don't like naming them after stupid things, I am not that childish =/

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
In Soul Silver it was like "Stupid Brother" or something.

Apperently I was mad at my brother or something at the time o_O; But the name was still kinda hallerious anyways XD; And, a great pun on the name of my orrigional rival in Crystal (just named after my brother with no other strings attached), anyways.

....I called my 'rival' on Leaf Green after Brendan (thats really the reason he was called that lol). :/ The guy from Ruby and Sapphire.

I was strange. XD;

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
I do what nearly everyone does at some point, name him something vulgar. Either that or Bob. Bob is an awesome name.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I call them what my brother is called as he's my biggest rival.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
LG: Gary
FR: Blue
Diamond: Chris
Platinum (JP): Jun
Platinum (US): Barry
HG/SS: Silver

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
Usually I use the Default name, or if I'm feeling creative a random name that pops in my head.