• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you name your rivals?

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
I always name my Rival, Douche.

zozo

SLIMED!
The last playthrough I did of Leafgreen, my character was named Dahlia, so I named the rival Weed.

Though usually I have more respectful names for my rivals. Klin or Jet for Barry, Wander for Silver, etc. But I dislike the Kanto rival. :p

gliscor&yanmega

I've named them a lot of things, I've played the games over like 100 times each...wait...maybe more.

The recent games I've played and remember the names:
Blue-Gary.
Crystal-???(He said his name was "???" who am I to give out a wrong name D: )

In Black and White I called the Bianca and Cheren :3, Bianca is the male and Cheren is the female >:3

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I mostly go by their original names, but sometimes I name them names that I like.. like Blake or something :p

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I don't know why, but I named my rival Whoops. Only later did I realize...

DragonTrainerSilver

<-- Starving dragon
Diamond,Pearl,Heart,Gold,Black whatever is opposite of me.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

o.o
I just spammed asterisks, making you think I named them inappropriate stuffs :O
I just keep their names default.

nandamaung

I usually give them the name Ash coz I like to beat him to a pulp.

Missingno.Fan

I always name my rival in Gold/HearGold Big Red. I don't know why. I usually name my rivals something like Loser or Stupid. Or I name them Tyler (after my brother).

TimelordOtaku

THANKS, Hermione.
Chimney in Platinum
Davros in Soul Silver

Weedy Spyze

Usually I just give them their 'canon' names (Blue, Barry, etc.), same as I do for the protagonists. Although sometimes I'll get a bit creative if I don't really like that name much.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Gary is always Gary. I could never name him anything else. Having him called Blue by default in HG and SS is just weird. o_O

For HG and SS, I've taken to calling the rival Baron. I first called him that with Crystal, and as much as I disliked pretty much everything else about Crystal (HG and SS are infinitely better) the name just stuck because I like it. So I've been calling him Baron ever since.

Diamond: Brandon (named after someone who was teasing me at the time I got Diamond, before it got stolen)
Platinum: AAAAA
SoulSilver: Andrew (A name I thought up)
Future White 2 Rival Name: Derek

GalladeX

I never really liked the idea of naming them something immature, so I always give them either a common name that seems to fit them or a canon name.