• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you name yourself in Pokemon games?

SmartD

I use my real name for my Pokemon games, except Black 2, which I used my grandfather's name because the Memory Link feature uses the name you used in Black/White.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I just pick the short for my full name: Max. I really like this nickname, so I used it in every game I played.
When I play as a girl in Nuzlockes, I always call myself Alice, because I think this name is simply beautiful. Since Nuzlockes aren't part of "my character's adventures", I pick the girl instead, and so change my name.

Blaze, because that's exactly what my name is.

Really ? That's a neat name, man!

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
in black 2 I chose the name of my brother and in X my own name but I won't tell them

I once watched the first part of shofu's XY playthrough and when serena asked him how they must call him, he entered ''lord shofu'' lol

Pyroli

Banned
In anything before X and Y, I had to use like random names. For a long time my name was actually △ in Heartgold; due to the crappy letter limit in anything before X and Y. I was so thankful for them extending the characters because I could finally name myself Danielle.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Aside from Platinum in which I used my real name for my character, I always name my characters random names that I like (Luke, Sammy, Tommy, etc.).

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
It tends to vary with how I'm going about playing the game in that run, and usually with how I plan to nickname my pokemon. I'll go ahead and list the nicknames I had for my five runs of Pokémon X.

First Run - Persephone
I was actually a male in this run, but I was so stoked that I had more than seven characters, I just wanted a long name. lol

Second Run - Dahlia
In this run, I was playing as the Roulette Goddess Dahlia from Pokémon Platinum. My team even consisted of her six pokemon.

Third Run - Leader Salem
This run was my template for the gym team I currently have in Alpha Sapphire. I also enjoyed catching people off guard in the PSS. lol

Fourth Run - Priscilla
In this run, I created a character known as Priscilla, who was the queen of the Kalos region. I named her after the film, The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

Fifth Run - Lord Varys
In this run was a playing through the Destinylocke challenge, based on Game of Thrones. That was fun, until everyone started dying. lol

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
Usually, I just name the character what it was meant to be named. (May for ORAS, Black for Black and Black 2) and if I don't like how the character is supposed to be named, I call him Satoshi. If it's a girl it's Vera. Or Evelyn.

V

Shiny Hunter
I always use my actual name for first playthroughs. If I reset the game, the. I pick a fun name. So far I've used my nickname (Finnegan), Toboe (wolf's rain), and I use words in Japanese for my characters in the PMD games HOLY CRAP I just remembered I bought Gates to Infinity today!

Chewiana Jones

Dunsparciologist
I used to mix it up a lot, with names ranging from Luigi (Diamond) to Rupert (White) to Jones (White 2). Lately, however, I've been calling all of my characters Psmythe. I do still tend to mix it up on repeat playthroughs of games, though. For example, on my second playthrough of Emerald, where I only used rock, ground, and steel Pokemon, I named myself Carter, after the archaeologist Howard Carter, and nicknamed all of my Pokemon after ancient cities.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
I always tend to use my real name on most all my initial runthroughs, with the exception of OR, because I picked the female char, as I hated the male char's model. That one, I called May.

On repeats and challenge runs, I tend to just use the first name I can think of when I start.

Reyzadren

Dark trainer
My trainer name in the pokemon games is always the username that I use almost everywhere online. Rayzen.

Navarch

Nicholas since Generation 6. Previously, just Nick. Although, I nicknamed myself Nick in XY.

Whenever I play as a girl, it's Brooke. It's a pretty name.

Wartortled

For AS I went with something I'd never used before- my real name, Sarah. Otherwise I generally use Serabee (a nickname I use on plenty of websites) or Lorelei (my favorite name). For my side game (the one I don't use for battling or storing Pokemon on, but for multiple playthroughs) I create characters for them, and name them what I think fits them. Currently I've got a Pokemon Ranger named Savannah, because she just seemed like a Savannah.

Back before girls were an option, I'd still use Sarah as a name from time to time, but otherwise I generally went with Alex because... I dunno. I guess it was the first name that popped into my head, and then it became tradition? I honestly don't remember, lol.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Most of the time, I give my characters names that I personally like and are somewhat unique. Recently I've used Kyley in Black, Aria in X, and Kaya in Alpha Sapphire. Sometimes I mix it up a bit by using the default names (I used Dawn in Diamond and Lyra in HeartGold). I also named myself Crimson in White 2, which has now become my standard screen name for online-related things. I've never used my real name, and probably never will, because that just feels weird to me for some reason.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
DL, Waffle, Mr Pie, Fartinton, pubbles, offensive references to male private parts in Spanish X6, ACM1PT and Ix'Chen. Then some others I might have forgotten.

I hate ominous OHMAGAWD I'm fabulous names, I just want to have fun.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
It usually depends on if I'm playing as the boy or the girl. In my White Nuzlocke, I'm playing as the boy and I'm named him Mathan don't ask. In my X game, I played through as the girl and I named Erin, which is my name. And AS, I played as the boy and I named him Tommy.

I usually have a tough picking names though, unfortuantely.

Capsaicin

I always chose a stylized version of my own name or nickname so that I could pretend I was kind of cool (in a video game world).

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
Mine's always different, and it doesn't really follow a pattern though I do tend to pick short names.

Emerald- May, for the default name, and then Keri on a replay because I thought it was pretty.
Fire Red- Meg, a favorite character I've created, and then Orange because I was on a Pokémon Special kick and was thinking about Red and Yellow.
Diamond- Lily, for no good reason.
Platinum- Mitsumi, for the character using the Dawn design in another Pokémon manga.
HeartGold- Kiri at first, and then Ethan, the default. He was my first time playing as a guy, which felt kind of odd especially because his team was really cutesy.
Black- Yuki, for the new seasons mechanic (falling snow.)
Y- Jin, because I was thinking of an 'ice prince' character of that name who looked very much like the blond and blue eyed male default.
Omega Ruby- Haruka, because I wanted to pay homage to my first ever game where I was May without reusing the name, so I chose her Japanese name.