• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you think of Ash's Poipole?

What did you think of Ash's Poipole?

• I liked it (please explain why )

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I did not like it (please explain why)

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I really like how up close and personal Ash was with his treatment towards Poipole. It felt like ages since Ash openly comforted and expressed through words how much he loved his Pokémon that wasn't "we battled through tough opponents and got stronger together." It's kind of like how Lillie puts Ash in an unfamiliar position where he learns that not every situation is black and white where instead of using training as a means to bond over, or battling in general, Ash notices it's little quirks, values Poipole as an individual, and actively parents the little guy. It's pretty cute seeing Ash having to scold it when Poipole acts out (kind of reminds me of his mother.) I feel like Ash's relationship with Poipole was based more on the emotional side of him, I just loved watching scenes where Ash is explicitly comforting it and showing affection, teaching it hard life lessons, slowly influencing it into battles, and finding it hard to let go. Poipole is one of the few Pokémon that Ash actively took care of that didn't involve training it and instead, a more parental touch to their relationship. Ash's expressions and his actions stole the show... even something subtle as Pikachu reaching out and holding out his hand after learning the news and looking back at it, never taking Poipole out of his sight had meaning. It wasn't just Ash that was affected, but Pikachu as well. He too felt overjoyed and emotional when he saw Poipole's drawing with Ash... which says a lot since Pikachu is barely touched upon when it comes to goodbye scenes.
All this.
Poipole may not have done much in battling or the main plot, but his interaction with Ash and Pikachu were always heart warming. (As well as Minior.) He wasn't a waste of time and I am sad to see him go, maybe we will see him again in another arc and get more development before he goes the way of Goodra.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My main concern is why he didn't stay longer? I mean we was still a way of promoting USUM.
They want to push LGPE. USUM is pretty much done with in terms of promotion anyway

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
My main concern is why he didn't stay longer? I mean we was still a way of promoting USUM.

You mean just push back the entire arc? I guess that'd be possible. My assumption for now is that this isn't the last arc with the legendary pokémon and ultra space in Alola and they want to spread the arcs out a bit. We haven't seen much of the Rocket Elites yet, and neither have we seen Necrozma's Z-Move. My guess is this isn't the last we've seen of Poipole, Necrozma, Solgaleo, Lunala, and the Rocket Elites.

Red and Blue

I did like it and was excited at Ash's first Poison type in literally twenty years.

Could they not have waited until Ash left Alola before releasing it back in US?