• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you think of each gym having a unique theme in Black 2 and White 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTypeStarter

All other games have used the same theme for all gyms. B2W2 was the first to give each gym a different theme. Would you want this to be done again?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I honestly loved it, it gave each Gym their own unique charm and added to the atmosphere that they were trying to convey. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been more recurring, especially for the SwSh Gyms considering they're more of an event in the region.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I thought it was pretty cool, and wished it'd have carried over to late gens. Kind of disappointed it was just in these games. It made each gym stand out as its own, and I loved that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Seemed quite pointless in retrospect. While a few of the new Gym themes were catchy, I did question why Game Freak even bothered considering that most people only visit the Gyms once to earn a Badge, and then never again afterwards. I preferred the updated Gym layouts over the music, personally.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Seemed quite pointless in retrospect. While a few of the new Gym themes were catchy, I did question why Game Freak even bothered considering that most people only visit the Gyms once to earn a Badge, and then never again afterwards. I preferred the updated Gym layouts over the music, personally.

I'm the opposite. I feel like the layouts got worse overall from BW1 to BW2. BW1 had several interesting gym puzzles, but in BW2 they replaced many of them and the new ones tended to be more linear "run through a gauntlet of trainers" style gyms as opposed to having legitimate puzzles you had to think through. The unique themes made them better, but the overall layouts felt worse (although there were still some good ones, Castelia, Mistralton, and Humilau had some good gym puzzles).

TwilightBlade

Some of the new songs were cool like the music in Elesa's gym which gets me pumped up everytime I go there. But the music in Marlon's gym was too much like elevator music.

Status
Not open for further replies.