• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What did you use your Master Balls on?

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
The Master Ball always catches a Pokemon without fail. In Red/Blue/Yellow you got the Master Ball from the Silph Co president and in Gold/Silver/Crystal you got a Master Ball from Professor Elm. So which Pokemon did you use your Master Balls on?

I used my Red and Blue Master Balls on Mewtwo because it was too hard to catch normally and I used all of my GSC Master Balls on the roaming legendaries.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Gen 1: Mewtwo and the legendary Pokemon (yes I used the Missingno item cloning glitch)
Gen 2: The legendary Pokemon

Leonhart

Imagineer
In Red version I used it on Mewtwo, in Blue version I ended up accidentally tossing it away, and in Yellow version I used it on Fire (Moltres). I never realized that we could clone Master Balls until years after playing the Gen I games. As for the Gen II Master Balls: in both Silver and Crystal I used the Master Ball on Houou (Ho-Oh), and in Gold version I used it on Entei.

TwilightBlade

I typically threw the Master balls at hard-to-get legendary Pokemon like the roamers in GSC and Mewtwo in RBY. I specifically remember using my Master ball in Crystal to catch Raikou because I got fed up with chasing it all over the map and just wanted that capture over with. :[

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
I typically threw the Master balls at hard-to-get legendary Pokemon like the roamers in GSC and Mewtwo in RBY. I specifically remember using my Master ball in Crystal to catch Raikou because I got fed up with chasing it all over the map and just wanted that capture over with. :[

I regretted not saving my Master Ball in Silver and Crystal versions for use on the roaming Legendary Beasts, honestly. I had trouble catching Entei and Raikou in both of those games, and in Crystal version in particular it was important to get all three Beasts since they unlocked the Rainbow Wing.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Legendaries. Usually the Box Legendaries with a few exceptions being Deoxys in ORAS because it looks cooler coming out of the Ball in battle, the roaming Pokémon, and Tapu Koko in SM.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Remember using a Masterball in Silver on a Ditto. Remember when I reached Lugia and count not catch it....
I was like 12 that time.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
First, a Dunsparce I randomly found in Dark Cave, which I idiotically reset because I thought I needed it for Ho-oH. Never found a Dunsparce after that, no matter how hard I tried.

Sakuyamon

I used the Master Ball that I got in Yellow on Articuno when I became fed up with trying to use Ultra Balls to catch it. I can't remember what I used the Master Ball on in Silver though. Could've been on Raikou but I don't remember that well.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Don't really remember what I used them on originally, given that I was a small child. But I replayed them with virtual console.

In Red I never used it. Because there were very few legendaries, I didn't want to miss the challenge of catching one properly.
In Gold I used the master ball on whichever of the legendary dogs I saw last. I think it was Entei.

BlueFlameCharizard

The Original Shiny Pokemon
Blue version probably went towards Mewtwo. I used Red mostly just for getting all the pokes over to Blue then tranded them off to Yellow before moving on to Gen 2...

Probably Mewtwo's lol...

Venomshock

I cloned a bunch of Master Balls in Red and Blue so I had an infinite stock that I used to get the legendary birds and Mewtwo with. In GSC I only had one Master Ball in my game per game so I used them each on the legendary dogs.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Mewtwo in the original games
Raikou in GSC as I hated the roaming system(I still do, I'm thankful they stopped it) and just wanted Raikou

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In Gen I with the help from the Missin No glitch, I made tons of Master Balls and just started to catch every wild Pokémon I could with them except for the Safari Pokémon for obvious reasons. But I glitched those Pokémon to Cinnabar Island and used a Master Ball on them. That is the only time I’d ever exploit a glitch.