1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What did you use your Master Balls on?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Dec 30, 2019.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

The Master Ball always catches a Pokemon without fail. In Red/Blue/Yellow you got the Master Ball from the Silph Co president and in Gold/Silver/Crystal you got a Master Ball from Professor Elm. So which Pokemon did you use your Master Balls on?

I used my Red and Blue Master Balls on Mewtwo because it was too hard to catch normally and I used all of my GSC Master Balls on the roaming legendaries.

Venomshock and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

Gen 1: Mewtwo and the legendary Pokemon (yes I used the Missingno item cloning glitch)
    Gen 2: The legendary Pokemon

RedBlastoise and Leonhart like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

In Red version I used it on Mewtwo, in Blue version I ended up accidentally tossing it away, and in Yellow version I used it on Fire (Moltres). I never realized that we could clone Master Balls until years after playing the Gen I games. As for the Gen II Master Balls: in both Silver and Crystal I used the Master Ball on Houou (Ho-Oh), and in Gold version I used it on Entei.

4. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

I typically threw the Master balls at hard-to-get legendary Pokemon like the roamers in GSC and Mewtwo in RBY. I specifically remember using my Master ball in Crystal to catch Raikou because I got fed up with chasing it all over the map and just wanted that capture over with. :[

Leonhart and RedBlastoise like this.
  5. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Never played Generation I, but in Crystal, I used it on Entei.

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I regretted not saving my Master Ball in Silver and Crystal versions for use on the roaming Legendary Beasts, honestly. I had trouble catching Entei and Raikou in both of those games, and in Crystal version in particular it was important to get all three Beasts since they unlocked the Rainbow Wing.

TwilightBlade likes this.
  7. NeganTheSavior

NeganTheSavior Well-Known Member

Psyduck for Silver since that was my first Pokemon game.

Venomshock, OwensJB and RedBlastoise like this.
  8. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

Legendaries. Usually the Box Legendaries with a few exceptions being Deoxys in ORAS because it looks cooler coming out of the Ball in battle, the roaming Pokémon, and Tapu Koko in SM.

Leonhart likes this.
  9. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

Remember using a Masterball in Silver on a Ditto. Remember when I reached Lugia and count not catch it....
    I was like 12 that time.

Leonhart likes this.
  10. TokoyamiTheDark

TokoyamiTheDark The Purple Karakasa

Mewtwo for RBY and Suicune(Gold), Entei(Silver) and Raikou(Crystal). I was pretty happy. Did the same for the 3DS VC versions.

11. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Gaganga, Keeper of the Gates Impartial

First, a Dunsparce I randomly found in Dark Cave, which I idiotically reset because I thought I needed it for Ho-oH. Never found a Dunsparce after that, no matter how hard I tried.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  12. Sakuyamon

Sakuyamon Active Member

I used the Master Ball that I got in Yellow on Articuno when I became fed up with trying to use Ultra Balls to catch it. I can't remember what I used the Master Ball on in Silver though. Could've been on Raikou but I don't remember that well.

Leonhart likes this.
  13. Aduro

Aduro Mt.BtlMaster

Don't really remember what I used them on originally, given that I was a small child. But I replayed them with virtual console.

In Red I never used it. Because there were very few legendaries, I didn't want to miss the challenge of catching one properly.
    In Gold I used the master ball on whichever of the legendary dogs I saw last. I think it was Entei.

Leonhart likes this.
  14. juiccbox

juiccbox Idiot Extraordinaire

In red I used mine in mewtwo
    In gold and silver I used it usually on the roaming legends, especially entei

Venomshock and Leonhart like this.
  15. BlueFlameCharizard

BlueFlameCharizard Legendary Charizard born way back in 1999

Blue version probably went towards Mewtwo. I used Red mostly just for getting all the pokes over to Blue then tranded them off to Yellow before moving on to Gen 2...

Probably Mewtwo's lol...

Leonhart likes this.
  16. Venomshock

Venomshock Well-Known Member

I cloned a bunch of Master Balls in Red and Blue so I had an infinite stock that I used to get the legendary birds and Mewtwo with. In GSC I only had one Master Ball in my game per game so I used them each on the legendary dogs.