• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do potions taste like?

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
If you drank a potion, what would it taste like? Do different potions like the Super Potion and Hyper Potion have different flavors? Discuss.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Aren't the Potion line of medicines spray-type, not consumable-type?

I'd imagine there'd be a sort of minty fragrance on the Pokémon or something shortly after a Potion's use.

zozo

SLIMED!
I didn't think you were supposed to drink potions, they're supposed to be sprayed. As such, I'm guessing that they probably taste horrible. Like polysporin and rubbing alcohol mixed together or something.

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
Well since it's sprayed on, I'm assuming it tastes either like chemicals or alcohol and one should contact a Nurse Joy if it gets in the eyes.

Last edited:

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I got it!

Potions taste like EnergyPowder, the status-ailment healing items taste like Heal Powder, and Full Restores taste like Energy Roots!

Missingno.Fan

They probably taste like chemicals if you take them orally. Since they are a spray type medicine it doesn't really matter what the taste like.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
What must a SecretPotion taste like? :O

Ermm... you mean we should drink it to our mouth? Lets see....
Its Yummy! #slappep

Sorry that was kidding. Hey, we spray it, not eat it. Probably this potion taste will be mint or same as normal water.

Necro101

Well it was seen in many occasions in the anime that they sprayed potions and they did not drink them.

RAWK ON

What must a SecretPotion taste like? :O

Shhh... it's a secret. ;)

IttasteslikePepsimixedwiththetearsofchildren.

I thought tasting a potion would be like spraying Soft Scrub into your mouth. Ugh... gross. >_<